PDA

View Full Version : To all the older guy's

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 12:37 AM
When does or when did it hit you that you may never play the sport/s that you loved so much in highschool anymore? And to all the Seinor's, play ever second like it's your last. You guy's only have seven games left at the most. For most teams it's only one. All i'm saying is cherish the time that you have right now because u never know when it is going to be over. Leave everything on the field and walk off proudly.

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Heck yeah man, you guys play now and enjoy every minute of it, even practice. I wish now that I could still suit up and just go out to practice with the Dawgs. First of all because I miss it, second of all it would get me back into shape. This freshmen 15 is killing me. But anyways, I miss it a lot. I cant remember being sadder than when we went to our football banquet and they showed all of the highlights of the year and presented the seniors with footballs that had our names, jersey numbers, and record. Seeing several senior members of the team cry was too much. Those of you that are lucky enough to go on and play in college, enjoy that too. But to all you other guys, enjoy it now, soon it will all be gone, and you'll be nothing but a memory.

R.I.P. "killa" coleman

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2004, 07:22 AM
It took my oldest an entire season to be able to sit in the stands more than 5 minutes to watch #55 play. This year he's much better, but still can't really sit down to watch the varsity. Many of them played on the team with him 2 & 3 years ago; all but 2 were at practice with him every day, even if they were on JV or Freshman teams. You can tell he really wants to get out there and "hit someone", as he used to say.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 08:06 AM
when i got out of the Army after 8 years and my right knee was garbage.

tmac
11-02-2004, 11:27 AM
i didnt play this year and it kills me daily

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
it hit me the day we turned in our pads. i still have plans to go and play college ball, but ive still got alot of time before that dream can become a reality. but i will always have my memories, and the down low!!!

tmac
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
college ball will be HARD is what im thinkin

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-02-2004, 12:15 PM
it may be hard, but if you want something bad enough, the level of pain, and the amount of dedication it will take to get it wont matter.

tmac
11-02-2004, 12:24 PM
yeah but think of all the guys w/ that same mentallity

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
yea, and? it just makes for a bit more competition. besides that, it doesnt matter if your like me, and have a few years to grow up mentally and physically. but thats just my point of view.

lobo12
11-02-2004, 12:46 PM
its hard to go back and watch your team play the year after you finished. i would give anything to go out in full pads and have a day of practice. you take it for granted but it is still playing the game. theres something about high school football, i dont think playing college would be the same. i wonder every day what it would be like to get to go out and play again. like they said play every play like it is your last, its hard to look back and wonder if something could have been changed, or if you might have taken a play off.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
its hard to go back and watch your team play the year after you finished. i would give anything to go out in full pads and have a day of practice. you take it for granted but it is still playing the game. theres something about high school football, i dont think playing college would be the same. i wonder every day what it would be like to get to go out and play again. like they said play every play like it is your last, its hard to look back and wonder if something could have been changed, or if you might have taken a play off. i watch my little cousin go through this every friday night. he comes home from Kingsville and goes to the games w/ me....and he probably says "man i wish i could suit up" about 15 times a game, LOL. poor little guy.

AP Panther Fan
11-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
i watch my little cousin go through this every friday night. he comes home from Kingsville and goes to the games w/ me....and he probably says "man i wish i could suit up" about 15 times a game, LOL. poor little guy.

He's not little!:p

Think I will print this thread for my son. Might make him stop and think when he starts his complaining. It truly does come and go before you know it.:(

lobo12
11-02-2004, 03:01 PM
sometimes i would complain some too, but now i would go back and do it all over in a heartbeat

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 09:04 PM
I just graduated, and already miss it. The season has gone by so fast. I hate when football ends allaround because there is nothing on tv.

Keith7
11-02-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't play football anymore!?!? :eek: :eek: