PDA

View Full Version : springhill head coach interviews for bay city job

bc 76
03-04-2003, 07:38 AM
I heard that steve gladden interviewed for the bay city job.Can somebody tell me something about him,what type of offense 7 defense does he run at springhill,also what kind of season did sprinhill have?

fatcat255
03-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Spring Hill's Head Coach is Steve Gaddis.

The past 3 seasons, his teams are a combined 32-7.
2000; 10-3, losing to Commerce in Regional Semi's.
2001; 10-2, losing to Gladewater in Area Round.
2002; 12-2, losing to Daingerfield in Regional Finals.

Offense is normally a one-back, spread with 3 wideouts but changes based on personnel and situation. Will throw to 5 or 6 receivers a game (including tight-end) and will throw in some power-I and full house stuff in short yardage situations. Very versatile. QB's are almost always well over 1000 yards and if there is a decent RB in the stable, he'll get his touches.

2000; QB 1900 yards, RB 1300 yards.
2001; QB's 1100 yards, RB 1700 yards.
2002: QB 2100 yards, RB 2000 yards (both will be returning in 2003).

Defense has changed based on personnel; different variations of 4-3 & 3-4. 3-year starting MLB signed with UH last month.

Above all, Coach Gaddis is a good man and has a wonderful wife and family. They have touched the lives of many young people and adults through school and church activities.

Coach Gaddis has taken kids others would have thrown aside or given up on and given them challenges and opportunities to compete. A few of those kids ended up with All-State patches on their jackets.

No one here in Spring Hill wants him to go, but all understand the reason there is an interest. The Gaddis' daughter and son-in-law are in the ministry in Corpus Christi and that has certainly played a role in his decision to interview.

As I said, nobody in Spring Hill wants him to go, but if he does get the opportunity we would all understand and wish him well. If he is chosen for this position and accepts it, Bay City will be very fortunate and well pleased.

<small>[ March 04, 2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: fatcat255 ]</small>

howiseeit
03-04-2003, 02:23 PM
I heard the current Killeen Head Coach has the inside track on the Bay City job....has anything changed?

Green Ranger
03-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Which Killeen Head Coach are you talking about, there is: Killeen, Killeen Ellison, and I am not sure if they are calling Shoemaker Killeen or not. I know the Coach at Killeen is fairly young as far as age is concerned, is that who you are talking about?

howiseeit
03-04-2003, 05:05 PM
David Wetzel.....Killeen High Kangaroos

Old Dog
03-04-2003, 05:21 PM
rumors are Wetzel decided to not pursue!

Jimbotex40
03-04-2003, 10:49 PM
is bay city 4A, and rivals with la grange?

spaniard
03-05-2003, 02:02 AM
Green Ranger:
Which Killeen Head Coach are you talking about, there is: Killeen, Killeen Ellison, and I am not sure if they are calling Shoemaker Killeen or not. I know the Coach at Killeen is fairly young as far as age is concerned, is that who you are talking about?there are 4 high schools in killeen, all are 4a, killeen high, killeen ellison, killeen shoemaker, and killeen harker heights, i swam against all of them my senior year in high shcool, that was the first year that there were 4 high schools there, before it was just killeen high and killeen ellison both 5a i believe, i know killeen high was 5a at least.

Old Dog
03-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Spaniard....you are correct, both were 5A. Sidenote, My kin at Killeen High says the city is like a ghost town with all the military deployment. When the troops deploy, many of the families move back to their home towns until the troops come home. It really rips the economy there. It also knocks a dent in the school system.

<small>[ March 05, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Green Ranger
03-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Killeen and Killeen Ellison where both 5a up until this year when the dropped. I am aware that Killeen Shoemaker was called such, far as I know Harker Heights is just called Harker Heights not Killeen as it sits just outside of Killeen City limits. I Graduated from Killeen (kangaroos) in 97' and know of and have met Wetzel, he is a great guy then again so is Killeen. 91' State Champs. I would not be suprised due to the growth of Fort Hood that in the next couple years that two of these school combine and go 6A or another smaller school is built. Anyhow thanks for the info.