PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Goliad

IHStangFan
11-01-2004, 08:17 AM
this ought to be a good game. Goliad seems to be a pretty solid team this year, slipping under the radar of sorts. Ingleside is coming off their loss to Sinton, which, could be a good thing OR a bad thing....just depends on if their coach can use that as fuel or not. i think this one will be great!!

Ingleside-31
Goliad-28

99IHSMustang
11-01-2004, 09:03 AM
I agree IHS.... Hopefully they use last weeks loss as fuel. If they play as hard as they did against Sinton I think they will come out with a win.

IHStangFan
11-01-2004, 09:11 AM
yeah...i just hope Webb goes into Goliad healthy....the day before the Sinton game he was in the hospital, nothing serious...just dehydration and a fever..they were trying to pump him full of liquids to hydrate him. during the Sinton game he was rumored to have been running a mild fever.....the kid is AWESOME! i dont mean to single out one individual player...IHS has many good guys on the field....Webb just stood out in the Sinton game.

99IHSMustang
11-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah...i just hope Webb goes into Goliad healthy....the day before the Sinton game he was in the hospital, nothing serious...just dehydration and a fever..they were trying to pump him full of liquids to hydrate him. during the Sinton game he was rumored to have been running a mild fever.....the kid is AWESOME! i dont mean to single out one individual player...IHS has many good guys on the field....Webb just stood out in the Sinton game.

Well if that is true the young man deserves a nice ovation for playing hard. :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2004, 10:14 PM
should be a good game for about a half. If Goliad dont come up with some kind of defensive scheme to cover the quick passes to rb and long passes it could get ugly.

Ingleside 48
Goliad 23

sinton66
11-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Don't expect to see Goliad run the same stuff they showed on the films that were available. They changed everything they were doing to play Sinton.

SintonFan
11-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Inlgleside should beat the Tigers by 10.
Goliad has a darn scrappy defense that plays hard. Gonna be some fireworks in this game.:D

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 07:56 AM
since Sinton has the bye...are any of you guys gonna come out and watch this one?

sinton fan04
11-02-2004, 08:04 AM
I was but i can't stand goliad, and i went to school there thank god my last yr i decided not to graduate there lol. I think Ingleside should take it. They have one guy that may give mustangs trouble thats bobby number 22 his pretty fast. The only reason goliad looked like they gave sinton trouble was because of the mistakes sinton made and travis didn't play the second half,he was averaging 14 yards a carry.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 08:12 AM
LOL 04, ah hell....i like the drive...and it should be GREAT football weather if these temps hold out......so i guess i'll be in Goliad on Fri. night!

SINTON81
11-02-2004, 09:37 AM
I think this is going to be a close game. I agree with Sinton66. Sinton had Goliad scouted and on film, but what hey did was put in a whole new offense than what we were prepared to see. That's why they gave Sinton some fits. Don't take Goliad lightly. If they can do what they did with Sinton, then Ingleside better be prepared. Goliad is a well coached team, as is Ingleside. I think this game will come down to the coaching, and thier scheme. I think Goliad wins a close one. Goliad by 2 pts.

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2004, 09:43 AM
since Sinton has the bye...are any of you guys gonna come out and watch this one?

if i can get a ticket, ill be at GP/Calallen

rgn4fb
11-02-2004, 09:47 AM
I kind of disagree. Ingleside should win handily. I think Ingleside gave us a much better game than Goliad did. I don't think that the score showed it. Ingleside would have worried me if Travis would have been out the entire second half like he was against Goliad. I mean Ingleside held him to 6 yards the 1st half. Has any other team done that? just curious. I think our defense and our depth helped us out tremendously. Ingleside had very few players on the sideline. By the way, when are ya'll going to get a new stadium. ouch it was crowded.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
I kind of disagree. Ingleside should win handily. I think Ingleside gave us a much better game than Goliad did. I don't think that the score showed it. Ingleside would have worried me if Travis would have been out the entire second half like he was against Goliad. I mean Ingleside held him to 6 yards the 1st half. Has any other team done that? just curious. I think our defense and our depth helped us out tremendously. Ingleside had very few players on the sideline. By the way, when are ya'll going to get a new stadium. ouch it was crowded. wow rgn4, i thought i was the only one that saw it like that. Sinton is LOADED w/ talent...but the key word there is LOADED. when yall came out before the game thats what i said to myself...."crap...they have depth..they are going to tire us out, throw in fresh jerseys, and then pull away" and thats exactly what happened......half our boys play both ways...our QB is also a LB, and so on. and thats just what happened i think. our D got tired then Franco pulverized them. thanks again for the kind, non-bias words rgn4.

AP Panther Fan
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
I think Ingleside should win this one easily. The only truly outstanding player for Goliad was #22, he is fast (but no Travis Franco). I think Ingleside's defense will be ready for him. :thumbsup:

Ingleside 42 - Goliad 14 :D

pirate4state
11-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
I mean Ingleside held him to 6 yards the 1st half. Has any other team done that? just curious. Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember Travis getting the ball very often in the 1st half. :thinking: Does anyone know how many times he actually touched the ball in the 1st half?? I know GP held him in check (the whole game) and Cuero held him in check the 1st half.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 10:25 AM
g'morning P4S! Franco got the ball his fair share of times (not sure of exact # of carries).....our D was just ...well...NOT TIRED in the first half, LOL. in the last few games our D has gotten better each week and has gotten to where they are fast to the ball......but 2nd half -vs- Sinton, they just plain ran outa gas :(

AP Panther Fan
11-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember Travis getting the ball very often in the 1st half. :thinking: /B]

I think you are right. I was dissappointed because I enjoy watching him run.:)

pirate4state
11-02-2004, 10:34 AM
g'morning P4S! Franco got the ball his fair share of times (not sure of exact # of carries).....our D was just ...well...NOT TIRED in the first half, LOL. in the last few games our D has gotten better each week and has gotten to where they are fast to the ball......but 2nd half -vs- Sinton, they just plain ran outa gas :( Morning. I just remember everyone around me yelling, "run the ball & give it to Travis". Well, the first time he got the ball, he fumbled then after that I don't remember him getting it too much the 1st qtr, but I think he ran for more than 6 yards in the 2nd qtr. :) Those would be interesting stats for us nerds. :nerd:

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 10:50 AM
LOL...yeah i'd say he ran for a little more than 6 yds in the 2nd half.....only a few though ;)

SINTON81
11-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Franco got the ball all of 4 times in the first half. Thats what I was told.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 10:55 AM
hmmm.... not like it mattered in the long run....but i always hear the Sinton fans saying how good each and every one of their backs are....so would it really have mattered.....when IHS's D is fresh...they arent too shabby.....when Franco had his success, the IHS D was worn down to nothing. yes...Franco is an AWESOME back...but lookin at all of the stats, scores per quarter for Sinton over the year....they are a second half team....which is in big part to their depth and the ability to keep fresh guys on the field.....but thats just how i see it...i could be wrong. none the less....outstanding program/team!!

AP Panther Fan
11-02-2004, 10:58 AM
I agree, IHS. I will want to follow both Sinton and Ingleside to the playoffs so as soon as someone knows who they are playing, when and where .... please let me know.:)

99IHSMustang
11-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Being able to rest your top players is the key to having a great team. I think Sinton will do well in representing this area in the playoffs. I also believe Ingleside has been getting better defensively as the weeks have progressed. I hope they also do well in the playoffs.

pirate4state
11-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I agree, IHS. I will want to follow both Sinton and Ingleside to the playoffs so as soon as someone knows who they are playing, when and where .... please let me know.:) Will do!

AP Panther Fan
11-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks P4S!:D

sinton fan04
11-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Franco had 15 carries for 173 yrds
Collins had 6 for 71 yrds
Ring 3 for 17 yrds
Rendon 3 for 16 yrds
ramirez 18 for like 108 or pretty close to that

Webb 13 for 22 yrds
Fenton 4 for 13
Stacey 7 for 10 yrds
and some one else for the stangs 1 for 13 yrds

These stats come from caller times, so franco didn't have to many carries the first half maybe 4 like sinton81 said. I personally wouldn't say Franco was shut down the first half they just were trying different things,last sinton drive they could of put 7 more but they put in different backs. Remember daniel #24 can run the ball pretty darn good.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Franco had 15 carries for 173 yrds
Collins had 6 for 71 yrds
Ring 3 for 17 yrds
Rendon 3 for 16 yrds
ramirez 18 for like 108 or pretty close to that

Webb 13 for 22 yrds
Fenton 4 for 13
Stacey 7 for 10 yrds
and some one else for the stangs 1 for 13 yrds

These stats come from caller times, so franco didn't have to many carries the first half maybe 4 like sinton81 said. I personally wouldn't say Franco was shut down the first half they just were trying different things,last sinton drive they could of put 7 more but they put in different backs. Remember daniel #24 can run the ball pretty darn good. #44 didnt look too shabby either. Sinton held IHS to very little on the ground...most of our yardage was in the air i believe.

rgn4fb
11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04

These stats come from caller times, so franco didn't have to many carries the first half maybe 4 like sinton81 said. I personally wouldn't say Franco was shut down the first half they just were trying different things,last sinton drive they could of put 7 more but they put in different backs. Remember daniel #24 can run the ball pretty darn good.

I again disagree. Although Ingleside did not do it the entire game I think they did shut down and really key on Franco the 1st half. Every time I saw Travis they were trying to tackle him even when he did not have the ball. Travis really started to get frustrated at this. I am glad he kept his composure and overcame their game plan. I thought I saw him run more than 4 times, but I am not sure of that. Even that being the case, I do not know of any other team that has held him to that few of yards in a half. Ingleside forgot we have a great qb though and he made them pay for keying Travis especially on that option play.

sinton fan04
11-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Ok maybe it wasn't four, but if he only had 15 the entire game and we know 4 of them for sure were in the second half so we are off like 2-3 lol :hand: .

big daddy russ
11-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah, that exact same play killed us three times in a row. We picked up the option man the last two times, but the guy(s) who were assigned to the QB were blocked out (and didn't make the greatest effort to shed the blocker) and that kid of yours has jets. Option left x 3= touchdown.

sinton fan04
11-02-2004, 11:43 AM
If he had like 13 carries and 22 yrds in the first half then i would say he got shut down.:D

AP Panther Fan
11-02-2004, 11:47 AM
IHS, didn't Webb run for about 70 yards or more on that one play kinda late in the 4th quarter? Can't remember if it was a return or a keeper. He took a really hard hit within a couple of yards of the goal line. Nice long run though!

big daddy russ
11-02-2004, 11:49 AM
I think the fact that we were keying on Franco just allowed another weapon in the Sinton backfield to do his damage. It looked more like sloppy play on Sinton's part that kept them from running up the score in the first half and kept Franco from getting his yards. At least two of our front seven were in the backfield at all times... and some of your blockers had problems adjusting to certain blitz packages in the first half, but they fixed everything in the second.

Oh, and not only was Franco being keyed on, but he was also probably in the doghouse at that point in the game. After that fumble I'm sure some of the coaches weren't too happy with him. Some botched assignments from the front five also didn't help.

sinton fan04
11-02-2004, 11:58 AM
That was a kickoff return, i think sintons kickoff team was just trying to knock some heads off which i think they did.

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 12:47 PM
IHS, didn't Webb run for about 70 yards or more on that one play kinda late in the 4th quarter? Can't remember if it was a return or a keeper. He took a really hard hit within a couple of yards of the goal line. Nice long run though! yeah...Webb's big runs were on kick returns....Webb is ..in my opinion a great runner....different style than Franco..who is a "hop around and make you miss" back.....where as...Webb is a "i'm gonna run through you" back

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 12:48 PM
wait...isnt this supposed to be about Ingleside -vs- Goliad? LOL.

AP Panther Fan
11-02-2004, 12:54 PM
wait...isnt this supposed to be about Ingleside -vs- Goliad? LOL.

Ha ha....guess old habits die hard!:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Ha ha....guess old habits die hard!:rolleyes: LOL..yeah, i could sit and talk about the Sinton/Ingleside game all day long...there were just so many things that went on that are worth talking about......maybe we should start a thread "Ingleside/Sinton: After Thoughts" :D

Doon
11-02-2004, 01:16 PM
......maybe we should start a thread "Ingleside/Sinton: After Thoughts" :D

Let's don't and go on. Congratulations Sinton, good luck in the playoffs.

pirate4state
11-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Doon
Let's don't and go on. Congratulations Sinton, good luck in the playoffs. Awww, man! :weeping: It's all in good fun. :D Good Luck to Ingleside in your playoff run! :thumbsup:

99IHSMustang
11-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Does anyone know who Ingleside and Sinton might play in the first round of the playoffs?

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 02:39 PM
lookin like Ingleside might take on Crystal City??

pirate4state
11-02-2004, 02:53 PM
lookin like Ingleside might take on Crystal City?? Sinton will probably play Hondo. And if you guys beat Goliad, then Goliad will play Devine. I think. :confused:

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton will probably play Hondo. And if you guys beat Goliad, then Goliad will play Devine. I think. :confused: whats the scoop on Pearsal, heard their name mentioned as a possible 1st rounder also.

99IHSMustang
11-02-2004, 03:06 PM
I am not too familiar with Hondo and Crystal City. I know that Crystal City is 5-4 overall and 3-1 in district and Hondo is 3-6 overall and 2-2 in District. Does anyone know how they would match up against their probable counterparts?

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Sinton will in all probability crush Hondo and Ingleside would probably roll Crystal City as well. but thats just based on the past and both teams success vs valley teams.

Tidal Wave
11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Sorry but Crystal City & Hondo are not valley teams. Sinton and Ingleside are closer to the valley than Hondo is.PEACE

Doon
11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Sinton will in all probability crush Hondo and Ingleside would probably roll Crystal City as well. but thats just based on the past and both teams success vs valley teams.

San Antonio area teams.
Got this from www.texasfootballratings.com:
District 29 Records next game

Devine (8-1) (4-0) at *Crystal City (5-4)
Crystal City (5-4) (3-1) vs *Devine (8-1)
Cotulla (6-3) (2-2) at *Pearsall (6-3)
Hondo (3-6) (2-2) vs *Carrizo Springs (2-7)
Pearsall (6-3) (1-3) vs *Cotulla (6-3)
Carrizo Springs (2-7) (0-4) at *Hondo (3-6)

Not sure how it would play out with wins/losses to each other.
Size goes like this Carrizo Springs/Hondo/Pearsall/Crystal City/Devine/Cotulla

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
Sorry but Crystal City & Hondo are not valley teams. Sinton and Ingleside are closer to the valley than Hondo is.PEACE i know Crystal City is west of here....but i thought they were SOUTH west...and yeah....now that i think about it...isnt Hondo out towards Uvalde? thanks TW

big daddy russ
11-02-2004, 03:57 PM
District 29 has been the weakest district in the state for the past few years. I've heard Devine is good this year, but I can't speak much for the other teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I think i saw that Crystal City is a bigger school than Hondo and Cotulla which is the three teams still trying to figure who will get the last 2 spots. Crystal City has to beat Devine to make it, cause if they lose they could finish in a three way tie with Hondo and Cotulla, (assuming Hondo and Cotulla win also)in that case Sinton gets Hondo and Ing/Goliad winner gets Cotulla and Crystal City is out. Ing/Goliad loser gets Devine. Correct me if im wrong:D :D :D Crystal City wins they get to play Sinton:clap:

sinton66
11-02-2004, 07:52 PM
I posted their entire standings and ADA's on another thread a couple of days ago. Pearsall is out of it at 1-3 in district. Devine is in first, then the next three will probably finish up at 3-2. Look at the "Sinton vs Bye (And 1st round playoff info)" thread for the info.

Probable order of finidh:
1.Devine
2.Hondo
3.Crystal City

Winner of Ingleside/Goliad would play Crystal City, loser would get Devine. This round always plays top gets bottom. (in Div.2)

htowntransplant
11-02-2004, 10:07 PM
"if i can get a ticket, ill be at GP/Calallen"

hell yes! sup Aaron?!!

htowntransplant
11-02-2004, 10:12 PM
HEY aaron, if the weather is anywhere as chilly as it was today (tuesday), then that GP / calallen game is gonna be pimp. Supposedly its gonna rain too. Thats something fun to look forward to.

SintonFan
11-02-2004, 10:27 PM
If you wanna go see a landslide for the Wildcats(the bad kitties) then go see that game.:p :D :p

99IHSMustang
11-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Now this is football weather… It’s looks like this game is shaped up to be a good one.

big daddy russ
11-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Will anyone be able to post updates... Does anyone know if there will be any webcasts?

District303aPastPlayer
11-05-2004, 09:46 AM
i wont be able to attend this game, as clay said, i will be at the Battle of the Cats in GP

99IHSMustang
11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i wont be able to attend this game, as clay said, i will be at the Battle of the Cats in GP

You were able to get tickets? :eek: I heard that on Monday they had already sold out at the office in GP. There are only General Admission tickets left.

GOFOR2
11-05-2004, 02:15 PM
i know Crystal City is west of here....but i thought they were SOUTH west...and yeah....now that i think about it...isnt Hondo out towards Uvalde? thanks TW

Brush up on your geography, dude.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 11:17 AM
I think Ingleside should win this one easily. The only truly outstanding player for Goliad was #22, he is fast (but no Travis Franco). I think Ingleside's defense will be ready for him. :thumbsup:

Ingleside 42 - Goliad 14 :D

Ha! I was close in my prediction! Congratulations Ingleside! Was this an injury-free game?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Ha! I was close in my prediction! Congratulations Ingleside! Was this an injury-free game?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Adams left the game with a concussion at half time and another goliad player had to be carried off the field with a stretcher. I hope that both players are doing well. I have not heard anything else about it.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I certainly hope both players recover quickly.:)