PDA

View Full Version : Jasper/Silsbee

Gsquared
11-01-2004, 06:48 AM
So this is for the D championship?

Pball
11-01-2004, 06:57 AM
Where is the game being played and who are the key players for each team?

spiveyrat
11-01-2004, 07:25 AM
If Jasper wins this game and Kirbyville wins their game Friday night; Jasper, Silsbee, and Kirbyville will all have one district loss. I don't know how the champ is decided from there. The game is being played in Jasper.

Haunta Yo
11-01-2004, 07:27 AM
PBall-
Who's assumed Adrian Peterson's role this year? How's the drop to 3A been for Palestine?

Gsquared
11-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Gotta make this one!

Pball
11-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
PBall-
Who's assumed Adrian Peterson's role this year? How's the drop to 3A been for Palestine?

We have several running backs this year, but our primary running back is Cameron Jones (averaging 7.8 yds for 1,136 yards). As for as our drop to 3A, we have lost two games and won seven. We have beaten: 4A Whitehouse and Henderson; 3A Tatum, Carthage, Diboll, Crockett, and Palestine Westwood. Our losses were to 4A Jacksonville after being ahead at the half and then the heartbreaker was a loss to Rusk by one point with 30 seconds left on the clock. We dominated this game everywhere but the score board. The Rusk field was in terrible shape from heavy rains and we still managed 269 yards offense vs Rusk 156 yds. We also lost a fumble inside the ten and had one 44 yd TD called back for a penalty. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot including penalties, 45 yds for Palestine and only 5 yds for Rusk. I feel we learned a lot from this game.

Smash Mouthl
11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
We all know what excuses are like!

Port_town_texas
11-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Smash Mouthl
We all know what excuses are like! I like dat signature pimpin!:clap:

tigerettedad
11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
who will win this game betwen these two teams if they play in first round???? i think silsbee takes them !!!!maroon :D

Smash Mouthl
11-01-2004, 11:54 PM
If you ain't grindin you ain't shinin and that's my take on life!

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 12:16 AM
ALRIGHT!!! Another Jasper/Silsbee Thread! Im excited cuz we really needed a few more. Jasper wins this one.

lilt1506
11-02-2004, 12:23 AM
if Silsbee beats Jasper will it be a fluk or will Silsbee be a good team

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 12:28 AM
IF they beat Jasper, then that makes them a decent team. Props to them if they do, but I just cant see it happening, granted everything is played fair.

j_dog
11-02-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by lilt1506
if Silsbee beats Jasper will it be a fluk or will Silsbee be a good team
Silsbee is already a good team, WHETHER OR NOT they beat Jasper this week. Many people from Jasper (myself included), WOS and other SE Texas schools have been posting that Silsbee was going to be a strong team before the season even began, maybe before you even found this board! :) Or do you think if by some miracle Jasper should win this game, then Silsbee will be a BAD team ???? :thinking: :thinking: Really, what do you think? Then again, you have knocked Jasper so much over the past few weeks ........... Actually, your team looks better if you help build up your opponent. :)

Gsquared
11-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Silsbee is a good ball team. You dont win 9 games being average.

southern_thunder
11-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
So this is for the D championship?

not really if Jasper wins then there will be a 3 way tie for district champion

dawgmom
11-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Will it just be left as a tie, or is there some form of tie breaker?

southern_thunder
11-02-2004, 09:16 AM
There is no tie breaker for that, there is only a tie breaker for things like what team comes out as runner up or winner.

spiveyrat
11-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
not really if Jasper wins then there will be a 3 way tie for district champion

That is IF Kirbyville wins this weekend too, right?

Gsquared
11-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Thats the way I understand it

southern_thunder
11-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
That is IF Kirbyville wins this weekend too, right?

Yes that is correct.

wildkat0507
11-02-2004, 11:12 AM
today is the Playoff Volleyball game between Palestine and Kirbyville. good luck to both teams.

Port_town_texas
11-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
today is the Playoff Volleyball game between Palestine and Kirbyville. good luck to both teams.

K'Ville!:clap:

Kool Tarpon 21
11-02-2004, 02:49 PM
This should be a good game. Good luck to both teams. Peace up, A-Town down.

Gsquared
11-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah, this one is a must see for me!

tigerettedad
11-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by lilt1506
if Silsbee beats Jasper will it be a fluk or will Silsbee be a good team SILSBEE IS NO FLUKE !!! UNDEFEATED AND CHECK THE HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL REPORT FRIDAY NIGHT AND WE WILL SEE IF THE ARE STILL A FLUKE!!!!! SILSBEE WILL ROCK THE DOG POUND AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!!

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Ok, I have a question that someone asked me when I gave my predcition. Since you are new, will you be around after this game no matter what? Even if the Dawgs spank Silsbee?

tigerettedad
11-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Silsbee is a good ball team. You dont win 9 games being average. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT!!!! MY QUESTION IS HOW IS JASPER STILL RANKED OVER SILSBEE WITH 2 LOSSES AND SILSBEE IS UN-BEATEN?

tigerettedad
11-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Ok, I have a question that someone asked me when I gave my predcition. Since you are new, will you be around after this game no matter what? Even if the Dawgs spank Silsbee? YES I WILL STILL BE AROUND, IT'S ALL GOOD FUN THIS REALLY SHOULD BE NAIL BITTER I THINK IT COULD COME DOWN TO WHO EVER HAS THE BALL LAST!!!!

tigerettedad
11-02-2004, 09:47 PM
So this is for the D championship? CRIMSON YES

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 09:49 PM
So you like crimson and white too tigerettedad? They are two of my favorite colors.:D

Smash Mouthl
11-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Just wonderin if Tigerettedad knows what the caps lock key is? :D

j_dog
11-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by tigerettedad
THANKS FOR THE COMMENT!!!! MY QUESTION IS HOW IS JASPER STILL RANKED OVER SILSBEE WITH 2 LOSSES AND SILSBEE IS UN-BEATEN?
It is all about perception of the voters. You just have not yet convinced them. Beat Jasper Friday night and the perceptions will surely then go your way. :)

Port_town_texas
11-03-2004, 02:29 AM
I don't think they are fo'real yet. If they beat Palestine and/or WO-S then I will respect Silsbee.:eek:

Old Cardinal
11-03-2004, 06:55 AM
This lack of respect of Silsbee is just a little much!.....If you get a grip and look at the situation you can't help but respect a number of teams in the area in 3 A ranks. Silsbee just as Kirbyville, Jasper, Bridge City, WO-S are all having good seasons and could beat the bulk of 3A teams across Texas.
Kirbyville beats are loses to good teams. Jasper beats or loses to good teams. Bridge City swamps Kirbyville and loses to Jasper and Silsbee and grabs a playoff spot.. Now in the case of Silsbee, they have not had an erratic season at all, they have a great record 9-0 record and everyone should be proud of a turnaround team like this in our area. WO-S with its giant enrollment and top 4A scheduling are also a team that can possibly be the #1 team in Division I; unless Silsbee were to upset them in the brackets.
I personally think SE TX football is great this year and there are teams that have lost games to other good teams that would be sweeping District Champs status all across Texas.
We have teams that will not make the playoff that would be considered tusch-hogs in large other areas of the state. Silsbee, Barbers Hill, even a resurrected Liberty program, are teams to respect as we enter the postseason. "Respect" is tangible and relative and should be passed around a little.

southern_thunder
11-03-2004, 09:43 AM
THANKS FOR THE COMMENT!!!! MY QUESTION IS HOW IS JASPER STILL RANKED OVER SILSBEE WITH 2 LOSSES AND SILSBEE IS UN-BEATEN?

It is called strength of schedule.

When you start playing people like WO-S, PN-G, and Newton in predistrict then you will get the respect you deserve.

Dont get me wrong I beleive Silsbee deserves the respect but until you play better people you just dont get respect from the rest of Texas.

Hupernikomen
11-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
This lack of respect of Silsbee is just a little much!.....If you get a grip and look at the situation you can't help but respect a number of teams in the area in 3 A ranks. Silsbee just as Kirbyville, Jasper, Bridge City, WO-S are all having good seasons and could beat the bulk of 3A teams across Texas.
Kirbyville beats are loses to good teams. Jasper beats or loses to good teams. Bridge City swamps Kirbyville and loses to Jasper and Silsbee and grabs a playoff spot.. Now in the case of Silsbee, they have not had an erratic season at all, they have a great record 9-0 record and everyone should be proud of a turnaround team like this in our area. WO-S with its giant enrollment and top 4A scheduling are also a team that can possibly be the #1 team in Division I; unless Silsbee were to upset them in the brackets.
I personally think SE TX football is great this year and there are teams that have lost games to other good teams that would be sweeping District Champs status all across Texas.
We have teams that will not make the playoff that would be considered tusch-hogs in large other areas of the state. Silsbee, Barbers Hill, even a resurrected Liberty program, are teams to respect as we enter the postseason. "Respect" is tangible and relative and should be passed around a little.

Silsbee could very well be like the midland team from a couple years ago that made the playoffs for the first time in a while and with that excitement road it all the way to a state championship game. The excitement in Silsbee has to be at a feverous pitch. They got a taste of the big time playoffs a few years (98) back when they made it through WO-S, Carthage and El Campo before finally losing to La Marque in a close game. Since that time they made the playoffs twice in 99 with a losing record and 2001 at 5-5, both years they lost in the first round. Since 2001 they had only won 1 game...the first of 2001, which means coming into this year they had a 19 game losing streak with half of those games being lost by a TD or less. So to be 9-0 at this point and with the opportunity to beat a bitter rival that you have played for I don't know how many times 60, 70, 80 ??? and that rival to be state ranked and you have the chance of winning district for the first time in 27 years ?...yeah I think the Tigers will be ready!!

I just hope the Dogs are ready with them. I have to give the Dogs props for making the Semis the last 2 years but that was then and this is now...get ready for Silsbee it will be a good one.

Gsquared
11-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Yeah, plus, rankings dont really mean much at this time of year.

tigerettedad
11-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Yeah, plus, rankings dont really mean much at this time of year. I KNOW BUT ITS JUST THE PRINCIPAL OF THE MATTER NOW

Old No. 7
11-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm still going to say Dogs by 12. (not sure how the kicker is doing :D )

I still haven't decided if I'm going to watch K-ville and Buna or put on my Dog hat and watch the game of the week! :thinking:

Gsquared
11-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I know. There are alot of teams that go into the playoffs un ranked by the AP and end up in the quarters or semis. That turns heads.

Old No. 7
11-04-2004, 08:57 AM
I KNOW BUT ITS JUST THE PRINCIPAL OF THE MATTER NOW

I wouldn't worry about it. Let the Tigers do the talking on the field. I'm not very out spoken but I think it would be cool for a team to win it all and never be ranked in the top 10. Just me. :D

Welcome to the board.

spiveyrat
11-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Not being ranked might help you to "fly under the radar" and have teams take you for granted. Could be real helpful in the playoffs to have that kind of an edge. Unfortunately, this will not help you if you run into WOS. They are already familiar with Silsbee and their capabilities.

Gsquared
11-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Very very good point Spiveycat! Flying under the radar in the playoffs has worked wonders for many teams in the past. Saw Royse City do it in 98 and alot of other teams before and after that.

K-ville BBAll 20
11-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Jasper by 3td's!!!

j_dog
11-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Old No. 7
I wouldn't worry about it. Let the Tigers do the talking on the field. I'm not very out spoken but I think it would be cool for a team to win it all and never be ranked in the top 10. Just me. :D

Welcome to the board.
It has certainly happened. I don't think Bandera was ranked just two years ago.

Tiger90
11-04-2004, 07:34 PM
As of 1p.m. today Silsbee's allotment of tickets was nearly gone. My understanding is the gates will be closed and tickets won't be sold at the game.......standing room only. Glad I got a pass.

White&Crimson
11-04-2004, 09:13 PM
This is the first Jasper game I'm able to get to. I'm going to guess Jasper by 6. I think it'll be a great game. :)

NSUTrumpet08
11-04-2004, 09:40 PM
This oughta be a great game...i wish i can come back home and watch this contest but i highly dought it. Too long of a drive for me and I have a game tomorrow and NSU hosts a marching contest so i'm outtta luck. Best of luck to both Jasper and Silsbee and remember: GO DAWGS!!!

Gasilla
11-04-2004, 10:15 PM
In 2000, WO-S did not even muster the AP top 25 and finished the season 15-1 state finalists, beating the DI champ Bay City along the way. Rankings don't mean squat...

Hupernikomen
11-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Tiger90
As of 1p.m. today Silsbee's allotment of tickets was nearly gone. My understanding is the gates will be closed and tickets won't be sold at the game.......standing room only. Glad I got a pass.

I might have trouble getting in the game then it would seem.

Goldenstick
11-05-2004, 12:54 AM
I would have never guessed that this would turnout to be such a high profile game! The atmosphere is going to be electrifying

Gsquared
11-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Ive been looking forward to seeing this game for 3 weeks now.

Bulldog_12
11-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Well, it is finally time. Time to see if the teams play will back up all the talk. I know the Bulldogs will come out and provide all they hype needed. But maybe Im just a homer.:D Oh well. It will be a great game with the BULLDOGS on top. Any idea of a webcast for this game?

Hupernikomen
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
are we going to be able to walk up and buy tickets for this game or not? I don't want to drive 2 hours and not see the game.

j_dog
11-05-2004, 02:19 PM
I called the Athletic department. The game is NOT a sellout, so getting a ticket should be no problem. The tickets go on sale at the gates at 6:00. Pre-sale is over.

Bulldog_12
11-05-2004, 02:19 PM
J_dog, you got to it before I did. Yeah the Pre-sale was over at 12 I think today. Yeah, there should be tickets at the gate, but you might want to get there early just in case. Things tend to get crowded for the big games.

tiger mama
11-06-2004, 03:13 AM
TIGERS WIN 29-28. DISTRICT CHAMPS