5. Zapata (8-0)
6. Wimberley (7-2)
7. Liberty Hill (7-2)
8. LaVernia (8-1)
9. Wharton (5-4)
10. Ingleside (7-2)

TheDOCTORdre
11-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Region I has the mark of the beast 666 Sweetwater, Wylie and Snyder, almost poetic justice that the three teams are ranked identically showing how evenly matched all 3 ball clubs are

football4life
11-01-2004, 10:41 AM
#2 and #3 teams in region I squaring off this week for the district 1-3a title. Canyon has surprised a lot of people this year, this is by far the biggest measuring stick for the undefeated eagles.

3ABirdMan
11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Region III

1. West Orange-Stark (6-2)
2. Marlin (9-1)
3. Jasper (7-2)
4. Silsbee (8-0)
5. Cameron Yoe (9-0)
6. Barbers Hill (8-1)
7. Rice Consolidated (8-1)
8. Kirbyville (7-2)
9. Robinson (8-0-1)
10. Palestine (7-2)

Silsbee FINALLY gets the credit they deserve! And NO, my last name ain't Simpson, and first name ain't HOMER!

Kirbyville still too high. Top 15, maybe....

Macarthur
11-01-2004, 10:48 AM
I think Vernon is better than Gainesville.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Vernon is coming around now. Matt must not be able to put a team with 4 losses in the top ten. The Graham Vernon game was a very close game.

Keith7
11-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I think Vernon is better than Gainesville.

obviously you havnt seen Gainesville play lately.. or you kiss district 5's butt too :kiss:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
obviously you havnt seen Gainesville play lately.. or you kiss district 5's butt too :kiss:

That is because district 5 is loaded Keith! You should know that. Either Breck or Vernon will not make the playoffs and they are both good football teams.

I saw Sanger and Bowie play and they are not bad but no where near the caliber of a Graham or Iowa Park.

Keith7
11-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

I saw Sanger and Bowie play and they are not bad but no where near the caliber of a Graham or Iowa Park.

thats nothing to do w/ Gainesville.. I hate to sound like a broken record but we'll see how good graham is in 2 weeks

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2004, 02:09 PM
thats nothing to do w/ Gainesville.. I hate to sound like a broken record but we'll see how good graham is in 2 weeks

We will indeed. If Vernon doesn't make the playoffs, I'll go to that game.

Macarthur
11-01-2004, 04:04 PM

Let me tell you, if IP loses to Graham, IP will be the #3 team in that district. That #3 team in the district went into Gainesville's house and beat them by more than 20. So you tell me which district is better?

Keith7
11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Let me tell you, if IP loses to Graham, IP will be the #3 team in that district. That #3 team in the district went into Gainesville's house and beat them by more than 20. So you tell me which district is better?

that Gainesville team is a different Gainesville team that plays on friday nights now.. I would like to see Iowa Park beat Gainesville now

Macarthur
11-01-2004, 05:04 PM
that Gainesville team is a different Gainesville team that plays on friday nights now.. I would like to see Iowa Park beat Gainesville now

While I certainly acknowledge that teams can gel and get better as the year goes on, you seem to be forgetting that just maybe IP could be playing better than they did against Gainesville. I wasn't at the game, but my understanding was that IP could have scored more, but they reined things in a bit late in the game.

Keith7
11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Gainesville returned 1 starter from offense and 2 from defense

the 1 starter on offense was not eligable because of grades

and 1 starter on defense was out w/ a broken leg.. meaning this game was iowa park vs. 21 new starters.. When a team has that many new guys on varisty they need time to gel as you say to get all the kinks out.. now they have both of those starters back and appear to be really rolling... Teams peak out at getting better after a certain point and Gainesville has yet to peak out this season, and Iowa park may have peaked out when they lost to vernon..

just my thoughts on things

Hawks83
11-01-2004, 05:20 PM

and 1 starter on defense was out w/ a broken leg.. meaning this game was iowa park vs. 21 new starters.. When a team has that many new guys on varisty they need time to gel as you say to get all the kinks out.. now they have both of those starters back and appear to be really rolling... Teams peak out at getting better after a certain point and Gainesville has yet to peak out this season, and Iowa park may have peaked out when they lost to vernon..

I don't think I'm far off on this, but about 1/2 of Iowa Park's roster are new starters this year as well. Both teams are good, and we won't see a rematch this year. So, isn't this kind of like beating a dead horse?

Keith7
11-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Hawks83
I don't think I'm far off on this, but about 1/2 of Iowa Park's roster are new starters this year as well. Both teams are good, and we won't see a rematch this year. So, isn't this kind of like beating a dead horse?

you are right.. but i just wish people would realize that this is not the same gainesville team that was 2-3 in predistrict

Macarthur
11-01-2004, 06:10 PM

What gives you any indication IP peaked out at Vernon? Have you thought that maybe they just didn't play a very good game ? They went on last week to score 50 on Hirschi. I know Hirschi isn't very good, but teams that have peaked don't go out and hang 50 on anybody. Hawk83, you're right that this is a bit of dead horse, but I just don't get the thumping of the chest that Keith does when he lost 27-3. Gainesville didn't even score a touchdown! Unbelievable.

Keith7
11-01-2004, 06:13 PM
What gives you any indication IP peaked out at Vernon? Have you thought that maybe they just didn't play a very good game ? They went on last week to score 50 on Hirschi. I know Hirschi isn't very good, but teams that have peaked don't go out and hang 50 on anybody. Hawk83, you're right that this is a bit of dead horse, but I just don't get the thumping of the chest that Keith does when he lost 27-3. Gainesville didn't even score a touchdown! Unbelievable.

no All-State Running back and a weak defense attributed to that score..

now we have our all-state running back and all-state linebacker back... so both are much improved.. is that simple enough

Macarthur
11-01-2004, 07:35 PM
no All-State Running back and a weak defense attributed to that score..

now we have our all-state running back and all-state linebacker back... so both are much improved.. is that simple enough

Well, I don't think those two players are worth 24 points.

Keith7
11-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Well, I don't think those two players are worth 24 points.

you dont know terrius then

HighSchool Fan
11-01-2004, 09:18 PM
. I wasn't at the game

If you wasn't there to see it, then you opinion doesn't matter. You wasn't there to see Kirbyville beat Jasper, are you saying that Kirbyville is still better than Jasper?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-02-2004, 10:05 AM
I'll say this we will see how good the Gainsville defense is when they get a dose of the Graham dive all night long. BTW last years district MVP from Graham is out for the rest of the season. However, they are still going to run that dive about 20 times and most effectively. All you see is a cluster of players and then the fullback pop out for 10 yards until your safety tackles him. Then #12 has about as much speed as I have seen, of course you will see it too when gets the pitch. But don't count out #7 as he is fast too and will keep it about 10 times.

Keith I will catch the game if Vernon doesn't make it or they play on different nights. (One note, my son's college team with a win Saturday makes the NCAA playoffs and of course I will go to that game over the high school games. I think they play in Colorado so I may not get to catch a first round game).

Macarthur
11-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
If you wasn't there to see it, then you opinion doesn't matter. You wasn't there to see Kirbyville beat Jasper, are you saying that Kirbyville is still better than Jasper?

Does it matter than I spoke to people at that game and people that actually played in the game? I notice you are not disputing the facts of my post, just trying to ignore my opinion because I wasn't there. The fact that I wasn't there doesn't change the facts. 27-3. Gainesville did not even score a touchdown.

HighSchool Fan
11-03-2004, 11:16 AM
So if Arizona beat Green Bay with out Brett Favre playing, then Arizona is the better team for the whole season or just that game? Do you really think that Baylor is better than Texas A&M? You need to quit looking at 1 game. I guess 1 game makes a season for you.

Macarthur
11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
So if Arizona beat Green Bay with out Brett Favre playing, then Arizona is the better team for the whole season or just that game? Do you really think that Baylor is better than Texas A&M? You need to quit looking at 1 game. I guess 1 game makes a season for you.

Your comparison does not work. Baylor is not better than A&M Because they are 3-5. A&M is 6-2. Your comparison doesn't work because IP is 8-1! If IP were a losing team, I would agree with you 110% that IP just caught Gainesville on a bad day. It may be true that IP caught Gainesville on a bad day, but the fact that they have won all but one of their other games tells me that they are a pretty darn good team. Based on what IP and Gainesville have done this year (records), and adding in the head-to-head game, there is no possible way that a logical human being could say that Gainesville is better (should be ranked higher) than IP.

Now, Your comparison might work with a game/teams such as IP and Vernon. I could be argued both ways that IP or Vernon should be ranked higher than each other. IP has a valid arguement based on what they have done the entire season and beating mutual opponents that have beaten Vernon. But Vernon could claim to be ranked higher based on head-to-head. But, again, this is not what you are claiming.

What you are saying is that a team with a worse record gets beat by a team with a near perfect record is a better team than that near perfect team just because they had some players hurt. That is not logical.

As to your quote about "not 1 game does a season make", you are proving my point for me. IP is 8-1!

HighSchool Fan
11-03-2004, 12:25 PM
What was Atlanta's record last year in 3a before the playoffs? They lost 4 games. Someone like you would count them out since they lost 4 games. It's a good thing that the kids don't listen to you.

Macarthur
11-03-2004, 12:30 PM
What was Atlanta's record last year in 3a before the playoffs? They lost 4 games. Someone like you would count them out since they lost 4 games. It's a good thing that the kids don't listen to you.

You're absoutely not listening to me. I said in an earlier post that it is quite possible, and I have no reason to doubt you, that Gainesville is playing better and may very well be on a roll. What I disagree with is your assumption is that they are better or should be ranked higher than IP. At this point in time, based on head-to-head and what each team has done over the course of the season, there is no way that you can logically rank Gainesville ahead of IP.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Atlanta also lost all 4 games to 4A teams.

IP is better than Gainesville. The beat them. They have a better record than Gainesville. They will not play them again so it is moot.

Focus on Graham now as that is who Gainesville will play.

HighSchool Fan
11-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Show me where I said that Gaiesville should be ranked higher that IP.

Z motion, I hope that you go to the Gainesville/Graham game. Then you will see how much Gainesville has improved. Gainesville will beat Graham with no problems.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-03-2004, 02:57 PM
I haven't seen Gainesville play this year. I have seen Graham and they have a very good team. To beat Graham, you have to have Big DT's and quick LB's. You have to stop the Dive, its just that simple. But don't put too many in there or they go outside. Graham will score some points so you also have to have an offense that can score.

I would like to watch that game. We will see how Vernon and Southeastern do this weekend. I bet the Graham/ Gainesville game will be in Wichita Falls. That is only 1 hour drive for me. Anyway, If Southeastern wins Satuday they make the NCAA playoffs and I will go watch them in either Kingsville or Colorado so I will miss the 1st round games.

HighSchool Fan
11-03-2004, 03:16 PM
The last report that I saw had Gaineville/Graham at the new Denton ISD stadium.

Keith7
11-03-2004, 03:20 PM
Gainesville has played Graham many times in the past and if you've seen Gainesville over the years, they know how to stop the option, they might not be the biggest team, but you cannot just simply line up and run over them, just ask pilot point

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Graham runs a veer option which is not a pure option like most teams you see such as Sweetwater. I will bet that Greahm will be the first veer team that Gainesville has seen this year.

Denton is a little bit longer drive for me.

Keith7
11-03-2004, 04:14 PM
We've played Graham alot in the past so the coaches know how to coach against it..

shoot i bet i could coach against it still i've had it shoved down my throat so many times