PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tigers vs. Navasota Rattlers

Bellville22
10-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Game of the Week in D20. While there is a pretty big game going on in Rice, this game deecides playoff representitives. Pretty good matchup as Sealy's D can slow Navasota, while Sealy's weak O matches up against a weak Navasota D. What are your thoughts?

And if anyone knows the scenarios for sure, including points and all that good stuff, please post. 'scotty' had something the other day, is that all correct?

rhs78
11-01-2004, 08:54 AM
there are two great game in d-20, i think your right navisota-sealy has the highest stakes. navisota has great offense(380+yds per game) and defense is above average(265yds per game). Sealy has an average offense(240yds per game) and defense is very good(195 yds per game) i've seen both play and both teams a good in different areas. navisota has a dominant offense and will score. sealy defense should be able to contain smith's runs. the difference will be if navisota can throw the ball and then smith will open up his running. i dont think sealy's offense can score enough to win. navisota-28 sealy-24. should be abarnburner. good luck to both teams

CheerMom
11-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Good Luck, Navasota!!! Go get them Tigers!!!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
11-01-2004, 02:09 PM
I think Sealy matches up very well with Navasota. Last year they won on their home field 16-13. Sealy has the defense to slow Navasota's ground attack. In the Rice game, Navasota didn't show the ability to pass and offset Rice's run defense. Sealy's offense does a good job of running the ball and should have some success against Navasota's defense. If Sealy can hold Navasota under 20, they have a good chance for the upset.

BrahmaMom
11-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Good luck, Tigers! Best wishes to both teams for an injury-free game!

Specklebelly
11-01-2004, 06:11 PM
I really see this as a clash of two completely contrasting styles of football. One team is clearly defensive oriented and the other is offensive. In my opinion, these games are the best in any level of football because its a toss up as to which style will dictate the play in the game.

Sealy's program has been here once or twice in a big game, must win situation and shown they can succeed. Their backs are to the wall. Win and they are more than likely in the playoffs. This coaching staff has proven time and time again they will have their kids ready for a big game. They were more than ready last week but just didn't have the horses to run with the Raiders. Navasota on the other hand has made it an unfavorable habit of failing to get off the bus when its time for a big game. Their recent record in the first round of the playoffs and their game against Rice earlier this year are clear indicators that they have trouble getting up for the big game. I feel it will be a factor Friday.

I also feel Sealy matches up very well with Navasota. I feel their defense is good enough to hold Navasota in check while their offense should be able to score on a sometimes questionable Navasota defense.

I made the bold prediction at the beginning of the year that Navasota was the odd man out in this district and Im sticking by that pick in Week #10. Ill take the Tigers in this one, 24 - 21. Good luck to both teams.

G.A.T.A 2008
11-01-2004, 11:07 PM
I SEEN BOTH TEAMS PLAY! NAVASTOA JUST HAS A GOOD RUNNING GAME. SEALY IS GOOD ALL AROUND.

I TAKE SEALY IN THIS 1

SEALY 24
NAVASOTA 20

WATCH IT WILL BE THAT SCORE CAUSE IM AN XPERT PREDICTER

JettJenkins04
11-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Good luck to both teams, do the winner advance and the loser go home are is Navasota already in?

scotty
11-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Sealy must win by more than three to advance for sure. If they win by three, that throws the district in a three-way tie between Bellville, Sealy and Navasota for second and third place. If that takes place, a coin flip will decide second and third place with the odd team out.
If Navasota defeats Sealy then the Tigers are out. Or if Sealy wins by less than three points they are also out. That is because the margins of victory by Navasota over Bellville was three points and Bellville over Sealy was three points. For Sealy three is the magic number.
Rice has already clinched a playoff spot. But if Bellville defeats them, the Brahmas will be the top seed in district and Rice will be second. Is that confusing enough?

scrub c
11-02-2004, 09:10 AM
wowsers!

should be a great game with both teams knowing - win and youre in!(for the most part)...
Im gonna go ahead and say everything will be left on the field..

chugbug
11-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I'll take the Tigers in a close one . Sealy's defense is very good. They match up well with the Rattlers. This is a must win for the Tigers.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :hairpunk:

28OptionOn2
11-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Sealy must win by more than three to advance for sure. If they win by three, that throws the district in a three-way tie between Bellville, Sealy and Navasota for second and third place. If that takes place, a coin flip will decide second and third place with the odd team out.

Scotty, you're mostly right. From looking at the scores, this depends heavily on whether or not Bellville loses to Rice. If Bellville somehow manages to beat Rice, all Sealy would have to do is win against Navasota. If Bellville loses to Rice (which I think most people will agree should happen), then the scenario would be just like you said. Sealy would have to win by more than three to be in for sure. If they win by 1 or 2, then Sealy is out and Navasota is in. If they win by three, Sealy, Bellville, and Navasota would all have a coin flip.

Weren't Navasota, Sealy, and I believe it was Columbus involved in a similar scenario a couple of years ago? I think Sealy lost out on that coin flip, so I don't think the coaches, players, or fans want to see that happen this year. It's pretty much all or nothing for both teams this week. Should be another great Dist. 20 game.

UPanIN
11-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 28OptionOn2
If they win by three, Sealy, Bellville, and Navasota would all have a coin flip.

Your right no one wants a coin flip. Hopefully the kids will decide it on the field.

BULLRUSH
11-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Good Posts. It should be a great game to see. I just hope the Tigers remember that the last time they were there they were shut out. Get ready for a tough one.

strike hard
11-02-2004, 12:36 PM
YES SIRRRRR! This is going to be a good one in "The Snake Pit". I see the RATTLERS coming out on top. Home field advantage baby! NAVASOTA 28 Sealy 13.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
STRIKE FAST, STRIKE HARD, and STRIKE OFTEN

GOFOR2
11-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Navasota 20
Sealy 14

Bellville22
11-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Huge game in D20. The Bellville vs. Rice game will decide the District Champ, but this game decides who goes to the playoffs and who stays home.

Sealy brings arguably the best run defense in the district to the Pit to try and stop the high powered Rattler offense. I think the Tiger D can put the team in a position to win, but I'm not sure Sealy can come up with enough offense to get the job done.

For Sealy to win, they must win the field position battle. Brantley must kick well, they have to make Navasota drive the field. Sealy also must win the turnover battle by atleast 2.

For two years we've been listening to people talk about how good Navasota is, but they're yet to win a big-time important game. I think that finally changes this Friday at the "Snakepit"...

Navasota 24
Sealy 17

Bellville22
11-03-2004, 11:31 PM
'Bulls-Eye', I think i know the answer, but what are the chances of Red Mustache attending this game. I considered it, but I'm gonna head to Rice for the upset. I'd love to have a cell phone buddy at this game.

Bellville22
11-04-2004, 04:07 PM
ttt, too big of a game to not be on the first 2 pages

Bull's-eye
11-04-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm sure "Red Mustache" will be at the Rice/Bellville game. I think W.P. will have cell contact with someone from Sealy, so we should have the latest scores. See ya at the "Swamp"!

BrahmaMom
11-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Good luck, Sealy. I'll be thinking of you, fullhouse!

scotty
11-05-2004, 07:44 AM
This has nothing to do with the Sealy-Navasota game but may be of some interest to you. Former Sealy coach Bill Wilson who was defensive coordinator for the Tigers when TJ Mills was coach is now the head coach at 5A Houston Westside. It's a new school, maybe four-five years old and the team is undefeated at 9-0. The have already clinched the district crown and play for a perfect season tonight. They went a couple of rounds in theplayoffs last year and are expected to be real strong in the playoffs this year. Just thought if you didn't already know it, you may like to know. Wish Bill and his Wolves luck as he continues to have many friends in the Sealy area.

BULLRUSH
11-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
ttt, too big of a game to not be on the first 2 pages

NO JOKE!!!!

Ag79
11-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Bellville22
Was the Navasota/Bellville game not important?

Bellville22
11-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Ag79
Bellville22
Was the Navasota/Bellville game not important?

It was semi-important, but didn't have the impact on Navasota's playoff hopes that this one did.

ROY
11-06-2004, 03:59 AM
Way to Go Rattlers! :clap: :clap: