PDA

View Full Version : were was Kirbyville during pregame on Friday

lilt1506
10-31-2004, 09:27 PM
?

GreenMonster
10-31-2004, 09:37 PM
my guess is that they found somewhere else to warm up. It's a tactic that has been used before as a motivational tool by some rogue coaches. Tell the kids that they will show up straight off the bus and hit the run through sign and then the field. It's kind of disrespectful as well.

Rabbit'93
10-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It's kind of disrespectful as well.
Just curious as to why you think it is disrespectful?:thinking:

spiveyrat
10-31-2004, 10:12 PM
It "worked" for 'em in Jasper. I guess they figured it would work out the same way for Silsbee too.

I wonder if they'll do it in the playoffs. Seems kind of silly to me.

La Grange
10-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Back in Sealy's hay day when no one could beat them La Grange used this tactic once. The final score on that game had LG on top. La Grange was the first team to beat Sealy in 63 tries, and they came right off the bus.

Jason1725
10-31-2004, 10:57 PM
To be the man, you gotta beat the man,and that's the bottom line! WHOOOOOO! (Rick Flair)

that should be RIC Flair whooooo!

Haunta Yo
11-01-2004, 07:06 AM
Try it in a big city and you'll get caught up in traffic or a wreck or something and could easily be late. Stupid idea and could backfire. Kids could end up distracted pretty easily if you ask me.

Bee
11-01-2004, 12:03 PM
They warmed up in Evadale! It didnt help them!

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Sinton did this with Odem when they were in the same district, almost lost if i remember correctly. They warmed up in Sinton, so a 5 minute bus ride wasnt that long

j_dog
11-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Try it in a big city and you'll get caught up in traffic or a wreck or something and could easily be late. Stupid idea and could backfire. Kids could end up distracted pretty easily if you ask me.
I don't know if it is stupid, but yes there are risks. I would have busted my gut laughing if they had gotten delayed and had to forfeit the game because they were not there. :D

I think it is the fans who get there early to watch the warm-up activities who are robbed by such activities. I thought it was maybe smart to do it once, as they did against Jasper. But to turn around and think it would work against Silsbee also, that seems a bit much to me. :eek: Teams are ready for that now and I just do not see how KV can benefit from it in the future.

3afan
11-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It's kind of disrespectful as well.

what? why?

Wildcat22
11-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Bee
They warmed up in Evadale! It didnt help them!

how do you know we warmed up in evadale

Bandera YaYa
11-01-2004, 05:31 PM
I agree......would really be a bummer if your bus broke down or you got behind a wreck....sounds like a scare tactic......what drama!!! HaHaHa !! Boy, what some coaches will do for attention!!! HaHaHa!!! :p

Comeaux
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
They told me that if they knew they were going to get the home cooking from the zebras they could have just stayed in Evadale.

The Wildcats just don't like watching homecoming BS. Having to watch your own is bad enough. Homecoming is for the mothers and the band.

GreenMonster
11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
It is disrespectful to everyone in the stadium that is worried about where a busfull (if not 2 busses) of high school kids is at. Moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas, brothers, sisters, school administrators, and the other team. It is, or can be, viewed as being disrespectful. My hs team pulled this and, yes, we won big but I felt it was rather disrespectful to me as a player as well all of those others I mentioned. We warmed up on a poorly lit, poorly maintained, softball field where I had to worry more about twisting an ankle than about my opponent.

j_dog
11-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Just curious as to why you think it is disrespectful?:thinking:
I think it is disrespectful to the fans who go to the stadium early to watch the warmups and locate the players by their numbers, and generally size up the teams. The pregame warmups and entrances are just part of the game to me. I certainly hope that the Jasper coaches don't ever decide that that would be a cute thing to do!! :( It would smack of arrogance to me. But, that is just my opinion. KV fans probably think otherwise.

Haunta Yo
11-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Stupid was just my gut reaction - risky is the better word.

What happens if you're 20 minutes late? If it was intentional is it a forfiet? Do you have 20 minutes worth of "delay of games" against that team? How does the coin flip work when only one team's there?

It's probably no big deal, but I wouldn't risk kicking off from my own goalline to start a game.