PDA

View Full Version : Division I State Championship

Flourhead
10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
I've got Decatur playing Cuero in this one.... does anyone want to bet against me?

TheDOCTORdre
10-31-2004, 09:24 PM
I dont know who Decatur will be beating but Decatur will be the DI State Champs

Bullaholic
10-31-2004, 09:25 PM
I think that could be a pretty good pick, Flourhead. Another way of asking might be----Who do you think has a good chance of beating either one of these teams before they get to the state final game?

MASH4077
10-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Decatur has a HUGE 2nd round game with either Gainesville or Graham that they must win before they can even think about any of this nonsense!

WOS1
10-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
I've got Decatur playing Cuero in this one.... does anyone want to bet against me?

I'll be your huckleberry... name your price...

3afan2K3
10-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Decatur is starting to sound like Burnet last year, but hopefully Decatur won't blow the state championship.

Keith7
10-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
Decatur is starting to sound like Burnet last year, but hopefully Decatur won't blow the state championship.

they didnt blow anything.. they just ran into the best team in the state

gobbler grad
10-31-2004, 09:43 PM
I believe Cuero has a few teams to beat before they get that far!! I hope it comes down to Decatur and Cuero, but we have to see. Kinda like last year when I wanted Cuero to play Burnet, but Wharton spoiled that!!

big daddy russ
10-31-2004, 09:54 PM
I was passing through Cuero today on my way back home and stopped at the Exxon there in town (the one with a free air compressor, free water and sometimes free popcorn). I found myself talking to one of your alums about your team... he was really worried about West Columbia in the first round. Said that you guys should've lost the last two games, but that Yoakum and the other team (I already forgot who it was) gave those games away. He said that Yoakum had two long passes that should've been touchdowns, but that they just couldn't convert.

As much as I'd love to see a Region IV team in the championship, I just don't think it's going to happen. You'll run into somebody else along the way who has a better air attack than Yoakum and I can't see you winning.

I have Decatur and West Orange-Stark in the final.

Either Wimberley, Sinton or West Columbia (it's a tossup between those three teams) will come out of Region IV. Oh, and Kennedale makes it out of Region II by default.

Surprise team through it all: Canyon... you heard it here first.

Leopards,class of 75
10-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
they didnt blow anything.. they just ran into the best team in the state I agree with you Keith 100%!!!!

Johnny Utah
10-31-2004, 10:28 PM
Region 1, do not forget about Graham or Canyon. Region 2???? Region 3 look for WOS, they should be the favorites!!! Region 4, Cuero has all the pressure with being ranked #1, can they beat a very good West Columbia team, then Wimberly??? Only time will tell. Decatur is looking good!!!! Sinton should make some noise as should Silsbee(if they are D1). Going to be fun to watch, never can pencil the winner in, too many variables. Good luck to all. D-2 Cameron Yoeman!!!!!

Flourhead
10-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I was passing through Cuero today on my way back home and stopped at the Exxon there in town (the one with a free air compressor, free water and sometimes free popcorn). I found myself talking to one of your alums about your team... he was really worried about West Columbia in the first round. Said that you guys should've lost the last two games, but that Yoakum and the other team (I already forgot who it was) gave those games away. He said that Yoakum had two long passes that should've been touchdowns, but that they just couldn't convert.

:hand: whoever you talked to is an idiot... we were up 14-0 at halftime in both of those games... they should have been blowouts, not losses... both of those games were big rivalries so they were supposed to be close...

Tidal Wave
10-31-2004, 10:35 PM
I say Decatur vs West Orange Stark

Flourhead
10-31-2004, 10:39 PM
if cuero cant blowout edna this week then i'll go with that

Da Mules
10-31-2004, 10:44 PM
I agree about Canyon... a lot of people don't realize just how good of a team these Eagles are. Everbody sees the scores where they are blowing out people 50-0, 41-17, etc., and then saying well it's just other Panhandle teams. What you might not realize is that most of these are essentially HALFTIME scores where the starters are not playing in the second half. and it appears their 2nd & 3rd strings are good enough at least on defense to hold the line wherever it's drawn at halftime.. these Eagles are going to make a ruckus in region 1. and we've been saying that since about the 1st week of September.

Chief Woodman
10-31-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

Tap the brakes there buddy. They MIGHT be state champs if they catch some breaks. They currently do have good talent, coaching and hustle. But there could be many things that stops the train before any rings get won. To say they WILL be state champs with as many good teams as there are in the State is a little brash don't ya think?

Goldenstick
11-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Decatur reminds me of Burnet last year!! They look really strong right now, but anything can happen come playoff time!

X Man
11-01-2004, 08:03 PM
West Orange goes for the prize!

big daddy russ
11-01-2004, 08:05 PM
:hand: whoever you talked to is an idiot... we were up 14-0 at halftime in both of those games... they should have been blowouts, not losses... both of those games were big rivalries so they were supposed to be close...
Another thing going against Cuero is that they're a first half team.

creditcard
11-01-2004, 08:13 PM
oh well come playoff time if u come out with a win and advance to the next round it doesnt really matter when u put the points up just long as u get the W

Titans
11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
There are plenty of quality teams out there that can make a nice run...with a few breaks here and there, along with a little luck, anyone can win.

The way they have played to this point, I'd pick:

Decatur

I do remember, though, last year when Atlanta came in with 4 losses and beat up on Marlin. In other words, don't count anyone out. Anyone who gets on a nice streak can pull out some HUGE upset, perhaps just enough to win it all.

I can't wait!

whatusay2
11-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Region 3 will be represented in the final game of Div. 1 this year. I look for Silsbee to challenge WO-S.

Goldenstick
11-02-2004, 10:40 AM
There are some pretty good teams in Region III

WO-S
Palestine
Silsbee
Navasota

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by MASH4077
Decatur has a HUGE 2nd round game with either Gainesville or Graham that they must win before they can even think about any of this nonsense!

They spanked both of those teams already. If Gilmer goes DI then that should be a good game.

tmac
11-02-2004, 11:25 AM
we didnt spank graham we edged graham

Z motion 10 out on 2
Originally posted by tmac
we didnt spank graham we edged graham

What was the score and when did Dane leave the game?

cunbed10
Originally posted by Titans
There are plenty of quality teams out there that can make a nice run...with a few breaks here and there, along with a little luck, anyone can win.

The way they have played to this point, I'd pick:

Decatur

I do remember, though, last year when Atlanta came in with 4 losses and beat up on Marlin. In other words, don't count anyone out. Anyone who gets on a nice streak can pull out some HUGE upset, perhaps just enough to win it all.

I can't wait! Marlin was 11-4 and Atlanta was 11-4, both teams had identical records.

creditcard
11-02-2004, 08:27 PM
ttt

Flourhead
11-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
What was the score and when did Dane leave the game?

the score was 28-19

htowntransplant
11-02-2004, 10:04 PM
"I have Decatur and West Orange-Stark in the final."

Sounds good. I like WO-S because of their experience against 4A schools.

Flourhead
11-02-2004, 10:05 PM
i like cuero because of their experience against the #1 team in 4a

jet sweep
11-03-2004, 03:33 PM
if silsbee can get through wo-s in round 2......they just might be the pick.........have alot of 4a experience as they just dropped this year

GOFOR2
11-03-2004, 03:46 PM
i like cuero because of their experience against the #1 team in 4a

that was a long time ago my friend, and only a scrimmage I believe.
alot has happened and changed since then.

Ranger05
11-03-2004, 03:48 PM
cuero will get close but wont win the state title the best team doesnt always win the state championship

Ranger05
11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
idk who the best team is in 3A if i had to guess my money would be on decatur

44INAROW
09-14-2005, 08:29 PM
I was passing through Cuero today on my way back home and stopped at the Exxon there in town (the one with a free air compressor, free water and sometimes free popcorn). I found myself talking to one of your alums about your team... he was really worried about West Columbia in the first round. Said that you guys should've lost the last two games
As much as I'd love to see a Region IV team in the championship, I just don't think it's going to happen. You'll run into somebody else along the way who has a better air attack than Yoakum and I can't see you winning.

Either Wimberley, Sinton or West Columbia (it's a tossup between those three teams) will come out of Region IV.

I love reading old posts....... Russ was pretty accurate in his predictions of who would be playing in the playoffs.. (thankfully he was wrong who would win) but still, you had the teams right.

X Man
09-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Hey Flourhead, WOS1 called your bluff on the bet, and you never responded.

ro_tex_solja
09-14-2005, 08:48 PM
lol um flourhead is rommed and is no longer with us...lol
he is definitely with us in spirit though...i love that guy

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
they didnt blow anything.. they just ran into the best team in the state

Bingo. Decatur lost one of their defensive leaders to an injury that will keep him out the rest of the year. And they could not match up against Gainesville.

I see Gainesville playing someone in this one!

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
ROFL... I bit on this one, sure enough! (And I knew flourface was ROM!)

LogieJoeBean001
09-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I believe Cuero has a few teams to beat before they get that far!! I hope it comes down to Decatur and Cuero, but we have to see. Kinda like last year when I wanted Cuero to play Burnet, but Wharton spoiled that!!

Could Wharton possibly spoil things again?

Hehehehe:thinking:

X Man
09-15-2005, 12:27 AM
What do you mean, he is "rommed"?

big daddy russ
09-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I love reading old posts....... Russ was pretty accurate in his predictions of who would be playing in the playoffs.. (thankfully he was wrong who would win) but still, you had the teams right.
LOL, I was wrong all the way about Cuero last year. Hopefully R4 will bring home a title this year. Who was the last one that we had, Bandera?

ro_tex_solja
09-15-2005, 04:27 PM
yeah and flourhead got banned so he cant post anymore on here... i think we should start a petition to get him reinstated to the downlow

Sinton94
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3

RIGHT :rolleyes:

GreenGobbla
09-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
yeah and flourhead got banned so he cant post anymore on here... i think we should start a petition to get him reinstated to the downlow

im right there with you, i say he gets reinstated

CHS_CG
09-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
im right there with you, i say he gets reinstated

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: thats just what we need:clap:

gobblerfan02
09-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: thats just what we need:clap: I'm with you on this one Talena!

Ranger Mom
09-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I'm with you on this one Talena!

He's probably already on here as someone else!:eek:

GreenGobbla
09-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He's probably already on here as someone else!:eek:

lol, that would be tight, but i know him, and i dont think that he is

crabman
09-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I want to know what cat_dog_horse has to say. Do you think Flourhead shoud be reinstated?

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I want to know what cat_dog_horse has to say. Do you think Flourhead shoud be reinstated?

That's an interesting question. :thinking: :thinking:

GreenGobbla
09-16-2005, 02:04 AM

not to be rude crabman, but it seems that you think they are the same person, which in fact, they are two totally opposite people, just thought yall should know that....but i think cat dog horse would say he be reinstated also....by the way, when is crabman jr. coming back down to cuero

Jody
09-16-2005, 06:44 AM

Either Wimberley, Sinton or West Columbia (it's a tossup between those three teams) will come out of Region IV. Oh, and Kennedale makes it out of Region II by default.

Surprise team through it all: Canyon... you heard it here first.

West Columbia will spoil Cuero's run this year.......:hand:

At least you won't have to be let down at State......:D

crabman
09-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Flourhead, flourface, whartonqb11, creditcard, they just all run together after a while.

unbweavable is settled in at A&M now and I don't know when he will come in. Next week is Sealy but we are going up on Saturday for the football game at A&M so maybe the following week.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Flourhead, flourface, whartonqb11, creditcard, they just all run together after a while.

You cant forget pavilion and gator!!:D

GreenGobbla
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
You cant forget pavilion and gator!!:D

and decaturqb and bb04 and bigballsports and gator2 and gator3, haha, i cant believe they made that many names...lol

schu1213
09-16-2005, 10:53 AM
This is just a rumor but i hear the gator is making plans for a big comeback. He is making the plans as we speak. THis is goign to be a great day for 3a downlow.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by schu1213
This is just a rumor but i hear the gator is making plans for a big comeback. He is making the plans as we speak. THis is goign to be a great day for 3a downlow.

Heaven help us!!:rolleyes:

GreenGobbla
09-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Heaven help us!!:rolleyes:

this is going to be exciting when the gator makes his return...im not sure if the downlow is even ready for him...

44INAROW
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM

Dang, I was going to take off early,, But I think it would be worth working late and staying on the downlow to see this :D :)

Maybe Dodie could make a comeback too :cool:

ro_tex_solja
09-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Jody
West Columbia will spoil Cuero's run this year.......:hand:

At least you won't have to be let down at State......:D

ah well arent u just the smartest guy ever:) lol
cuero has a better chance of goin d2 this year so idk if we will play them

ro_tex_solja
09-16-2005, 11:05 AM
crabman i heard that one guy had like 5 names, creditcard creditcard2 whartonqb11, sealyqb, and decaturqb

GreenGobbla
09-16-2005, 11:05 AM
ro tex, i might be at that game tonight live, not sure tho

ro_tex_solja
09-16-2005, 11:09 AM
thats tight....if u dont come this week u should definitly come down for the sinton game next week and then we can all find a ride to sinton.....

ro_tex_solja
09-16-2005, 11:10 AM
im bringing an army with me to sinton cuz if i sign the flag as ro tex solja i might get jumped by all the sinton posters so im gonna have to bring back up

GreenGobbla
09-16-2005, 11:10 AM
thats tight....if u dont come this week u should definitly come down for the sinton game next week and then we can all find a ride to sinton.....

oh, me and bizzle are at the sinton game for sure....his sister is suppose to have a baby either this weekend or sometime early next week, so we will both be down for the sinton game...

Ranger Mom
09-16-2005, 11:15 AM
im bringing an army with me to sinton cuz if i sign the flag as ro tex solja i might get jumped by all the sinton posters so im gonna have to bring back up

No one is gonna jump you.....I can promise you that!!

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2005, 11:29 AM

:eek: :eek: Ranger Mom, I think we're gonna need some more of those pills you've got! :doh:

GreenGobbla
09-16-2005, 11:32 AM
ill need some back up at that sinton game also, becuz to tell you the truth im kinda scared....

gobblerfan02
09-16-2005, 01:16 PM
No one is gonna jump you.....I can promise you that!! Except for maybe ME!

ro_tex_solja
09-16-2005, 01:39 PM
for what?

NateDawg39
09-16-2005, 02:11 PM
this is old