PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Board People

Bullaholic
10-31-2004, 05:30 PM
How many of you are multi-board posters? I like to refer to "boards" as "sites" as we have evolved from the old bbs days into the era of the internet, but that's just personal preference---it doesn't make me right. Anyway, the "low" has plenty enough going on to keep this past middle-aged guy entertained, and I like to visit other websites for stats, history, and such and return. Good stat sites are kinda like good fishing holes---some fishermen share---some don't. This post came to mind during a tour of some of the other football "sites", and I came across several familiar user names.

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm on some other sites. This one is the best. The conversations are more civil and you really feel like you are part of something good here.

sinton66
10-31-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm a member of at least three other sites, but rarely go there anymore. I prefer this one.

Old Green
10-31-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm a member of several sites.

Bullaholic
10-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm a member of at least three other sites, but rarely go there anymore. I prefer this one.

True 66', I think the "low" has more of a "family" feel to it--largely thanks to you moderators willing make to make posters tow the line, without exercising crushing censorship. I've noticed that some administrators of other sites drop in here occasionally. That is neighborly.

rhino33
10-31-2004, 05:46 PM
im a memer of a couple other sites

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2004, 05:47 PM
You're right Bullaholic, we all need to give it up for our Moderators.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2004, 06:06 PM
This is my main home - I'm a member of a few others & post there occasionally.

CHS_CG
10-31-2004, 06:07 PM
I am but only on Centexsports.com I use that one for Basketball mostly this is my year round site though!

HornetMom
10-31-2004, 06:45 PM
I, too, am a member of several sites and post once in a while to them. Mostly, just to post the Caldwell score.

sahen
10-31-2004, 06:46 PM
im a member of this one, the 5a site and Baylor's site....this one is the best, but i never go to the 5a site....Baylor has some hostile posters on that site..

dogdad
10-31-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm a longtime poster on TxPreps ("the pig"), but I find myself on this site a lot too. Matt has done a great job over the years.

exbccards76'smom
10-31-2004, 09:01 PM
I belong to the BC website, here,tx preps, and the wos website. most of my time is spent here.

Flourhead
10-31-2004, 09:08 PM
this is the only site i ever go to... if gobbla hadnt made this i wouldnt even have the internet

GreenMonster
10-31-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm straight D-LOW baby. It's just like an Old Milwaukee commercial, It doesn't get any better than this.:D

Flourhead
10-31-2004, 09:18 PM
i thought that was for the nfl season or mlb playoffs...

Bandera YaYa
10-31-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm a one board woman....... :D

Ranger Mom
10-31-2004, 10:41 PM
I have 8 sites saved in my favorite places, I visit them from time to time but rarely post. If I DO post, it's at TexasHSFootball.com and The Pig.

This board keeps me plenty informed, entertained and busy!

Bullaholic
10-31-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have 8 sites saved in my favorite places, I visit them from time to time but rarely post. If I DO post, it's at TexasHSFootball.com and The Pig.

This board keeps me plenty informed, entertained and busy!

Yea RM.....I have been on some of those other sites for years, but just got active on the "low" recently. I like to go back to Dave Campbell's "Texas Football" magazine and see how close they came to predicting district playoff teams in July. I don't know how you are able to keep up with 8 sites and moderate this one, but I am glad you do, RM---you are a real asset and a great lady.

Ranger Mom
10-31-2004, 11:05 PM
Well thanks!! I don't visit those sites as much as I used to, and rarely post anything. The ONLY class I am interested in is 3-A, so it doesn't make any sense to spend much time away from a 3-A board! Those boards that are split into classes I visit more than just a general board!

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-31-2004, 11:50 PM
I would be as they say at "The Ticket" a Downlow P1. But I also subscribe to www.d2football.com and several other high schools sites. The next best being texasprepxtra.com. They have a great site that has recruiting info.

I have found this one to be the best for getting to know people and learning about the other teams. That always comes in handy for playoff time.