PDA

View Full Version : CALDWELL should change entire strategy and go for broke!

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 10:50 AM
Suggestion: Move up some of the win-minded freshmen and sophomore from sub-varsity squads and shock a Bulldog...

Amos Moses
10-22-2002, 11:07 AM
Hornetpride I don't think that is the answer to Caldwell misfotunes. Have seen the dogs play twice now.Defense is pretty darn good. You never know how a team will play on Friday nights, but I don't see the Hornets beating the dogs.

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 12:34 PM
Frankly, I don't know why so many people are counting Lorena out of the playoff chase. If they beat Rockdale at home (four solid quarters could do it), the Leps are in the hunt.
As for Caldwell, I see them going 1-4 in district after going 4-1 in non-district because of their Mother Goose schedule. I hear Caldwell's freshman team is really something to watch, though. It'll be interesting to see the next couple of years because a 6-4 record if we beat Lorena and Troy is a positive start for a younger than average team. Only question is: The teams that are down this year may not be down in coming years, either. It just our luck that we get thrown into a district with teams like Marlin AND Cameron and end up beating teams like Smithville, Giddings, Madisonville and Hearne on years they are in a different district or class. It's a good thing luck or gambling is not a UIL sport.

keep_it_real
10-22-2002, 12:42 PM
I think Caldwell can beat Marlin. No matter what happens guys you have to keep your heads up. Execute the plays, and accomplish the little things out there, and Caldwell has a good chance of beating a Marlin team that thinks they are going to play another Troy this week.

Compudyne
10-22-2002, 12:56 PM
HORNET-NO-PRIDE
I think what you need to do is move to a neighboring town and get a coaching position and see if you can beat Caldwell. You complain more than anyone I have ever heard. Go get you your own team and see if you can do any better. If not, let the coaches do their job and quit all your whining.

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 02:00 PM
Caldwell is the most outstanding team in the entire galaxy!!!!! We are bigger than Jesus Christ! There, are you satisfied "Compudyne"?

Compudyne
10-22-2002, 02:10 PM
What a whiner. I told you to go and get your own team and see if you could do better. Watching you post like a complete clown does not satisfy me. Let me know when you land that job. Good Luck

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 02:20 PM
I got a news flash for you: Nobody WANTS the Caldwell job! It's the beginning of the end to a career. You have to be willing to make everyone quarterback, schedule teams no one has heard of and refrain from enforcing discipline for smarting off to coaches. I enjoy recruiting much more. What would you rather earn? $40,000 or $400,000?

Swarm_04
10-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Hornetpride you know i agree that you have your own opinion about caldwell. But thats the key word thier OWN. So if you are going to get on here and put down caldwell all the time. Then just keep those coments to yourself. Because iam sure that we arent the only school that has kids being disrespectful to coaches and teachers. Maybe thats how they have grown up, you cant blam them. So if all you are going to do is sit here and put us down then keep it to yourself. Another thing. KEEP JESUS CHRIST OUT OF IT

2001GiddingsLB
10-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Hornetpride I believe that you are just mad at everything cuz not only do you down Caldwell but for some reason you start degrading Giddings. I believe that you need to keep your mouth shut. Focus on what is to come all bad times pass and nobody likes to talk about it so quit bringing it up no one cares how bad Caldwell is doing. Just tell us when they do something well like win a district game. Also you are acting like its a big deal that you beat Hearne (2a team), Giddings (Lost 22 seniors), and other such teams that in the past had talent but this year are lacking. Nothing against caldwell but your team proved itself against a bunch of nobodys and you can't expect a young club to come out and beat teams that are more experience and have more talent. So just sit back wait on a good season and shut yo mouth for awhile.

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 08:04 PM
Let's see. Lexington is a 2A team this year. Could Giddings beat them? I don't think so! One minute you're saying Giddings lost 22 players and are no good and the next picking an upset of La Grange. Get consistent, Giddings! From 13-2 to 3-8? That'll undoubtedly be the biggest fall in 3A this year.
Madisonville we beat, by the way, and they will make the playoffs, and Liberty Hill who we lost by 7 to in the last minute is 7-0 so you shut up or move to Paige!

fb_zoomin
10-22-2002, 09:02 PM
HornetPride:
I got a news flash for you: Nobody WANTS the Caldwell job! It's the beginning of the end to a career. You have to be willing to make everyone quarterback, schedule teams no one has heard of and refrain from enforcing discipline for smarting off to coaches. I enjoy recruiting much more. What would you rather earn? $40,000 or $400,000?

<small>[ October 22, 2002, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: fb_zoomin ]</small>

fb_zoomin
10-22-2002, 09:42 PM
HORNETPRIDE I HAVE SAT BACK AND READ AS MUCH OF YOUR CRAP AS I CAN STAND. YOU HAVE TO BE THE MOST DISGRUNTLED NEGATIVE MINDED PERSON AROUND. YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE AND STOP SPENDING ALL OF YOUR TIME ON THE COMPUTER BUT I GUESS WITH AN OCCUPATION LISTED AS A RECRUITER FOR A NOW DEFUNCT USFL LEAGUE YOU SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF FREE TIME. THIS FRIDAY NIGHT GO TO THE GAME SIT BACK AND ENJOY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. LET THE COACHES DO THE COACHING. WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST COACHING STAFFS WE HAVE HADE HERE IN A LONG TIME AND THE PLAYERS ARE PLAYING THEIR BUTTS OF FOR THEM. THESE ARE A GROUP YOUNG MEN PLAYING THE BEST THEY CAN INORDER TO WIN THE GAME AND SHOULD NOT BE SUBJECTED TO YOUR NEGATIVE REMARKS WEEK AFTER WEEK. YOU REFER TO HAVE PLAYED IN THE EARLY 80'S--
I KNOW MOST OF THESE GUYS AND YOU CERTAINLY DON'T SEEM LIKE ONE OF THEM. MAYBE YOU WERE A IMPORT FROM "HOLLYWOOD".

2001GiddingsLB
10-22-2002, 10:01 PM
hey hornetpride I never said that Giddings could beat Lexington, I never said that we were going to beat La Grange if you read my posts you pompous jackass then you would realize i wrote that Giddings was outmatched. No doubt going from 13-2 to 3-8 is going to be the biggest drop in 3a but hell Caldwell hasn't had the privilege to win more than 10 games in more than a decade probably. You sir are an idiot and an immature one at that. You said Madisonville was going to make the playoffs, wow, so is Giddings you only have to win a few games with this crappy playoff system. Furthermore shut up no one likes to read your posts all you ever do is criticize hopefully soon you will be ROM.
P.S. I hate you!

Swarm_04
10-22-2002, 10:32 PM
i'm on my friends screen name, and as a varsity cheerleader, i think i can speak for everyone when i say you need to get a life and GROW THE HELL UP!!! Oh my gosh, seriously, how old are you? I thought talking trash got old after the 9th grade, and apparently you're older than that. Therefore, you are a sad excuse for a hornet fan. You're probably one of those fans who just sits there, instead of actually yelling for the team you supposedly "support". The guys can't really support themselves, we need fans to give them the energy from the stands that they need. And thanks to you and your great attitude, you're telling our guys how bad they suck. I can't get over the fact that you are an adult, that is ridiculous. Please, i beg you, act like one and quit trying to live you're life through caldwell high school football. If you're sooooo bad and all that, why don't you let someone know who you are? Hiding behined a screen name is pretty shallow. Stop being so timid, and tell everyone how you feel on Friday. I can't stand people like you, and don't talk about how our players disrespect our coaches, because that isn't even your problem now is it? I know alot of people who disrespect you for your inappropriate comments about our athletic program. If Caldwell football is really that important to you and your twisted little life, then put on pads and do something. Oh, and PLEASE change your screen name, because like i said before, you're a sorry excuse for a hornet fan.

HornetPride
10-23-2002, 12:44 AM
Sweetheart, you're 16 and already suffer from P.M.S. I'll start by saying that the cheerleaders - and 12 is too damn many even for a 5A school - are a bunch of whiny little brats whose mommies want to live their lives through their painted-face BRATS while teaching them to disrespect their elders and use adult language as well as exploiting their mealy-mouthed butts off like a meat market in front of give or take 400 people, you stuck up little snot! It would be a refreshing change if you'd spend HALF as much time learning the difference between "offense" and "defense" as you do smoking pot and spending most of your teen "lives" in the back seat of daddy's car and showing up for Sunday School as if you're precious little angels. The phrase future "Pom Pom Moms" comes to mind. It's all about showing your butts in front of people who otherwise don't even care that you're at the games. Get used to it! You're cheering for a bunch of pouty-faced losers whose concerns on Friday nights goes hardly beyond getting you in the sack and laughing about how "easy" you were! So until you learn more about the game and how many tax dollars are being wasted on a program that's been belly-aching about "next year" for the past 30 years, put up your pom-poms and read about all the other programs in Texas who know the thrill of watching their team get beyond two lousy playoff games - for crying out loud! In towns of less than 4,000 like Caldwell, football season is the only time of year that all people can have the opportunity to pull together for one goal - but in Caldwell it's a gargantuan waste of time an energy - especially since no one tries to pump the team until it's too late like in Rockdale. Then it's - ho hum - off to basketball season where we've made the playoffs once in what - 50 years? Sorry, girly, but girls volleyball and golf means nothing when measuring a school's overall success in teaching boys the feeling of "winning" as much as the unhealthy and consistent feeling of feeling fourth or fifth best in the one sport that ALL Texans really care about - football. Admit it - the coaches there are NOT the problem (even Norman Cobb couldn't get the program up after he won state in Mexia and Groveton). It's bratty attitudes like yours that should be testimony that all talk and no action makes Caldwell a dull town! It's contagious. Can't never could and never will.
Now go out there and fiddle-fart around at Hornet Stadium - no excuse me "THE SWARM" - oooooooh -- on Friday and do us all proud by getting that old Hornet tradition of losing streaks back where it rightfully belongs. And don't get your hopes up about the sub-varsity squads. Like every year before them, the players will get fat over the summer on prune kolaches and conjure up some new and improved excuse of why they JUST CAN'T SEEM TO WIN THE BIG ONE!

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: HornetPride ]</small>

fb_gurl
10-23-2002, 10:02 AM
Okay here we go again... You first of all need to leave ALL comments about Jesus cjrist out of it. Thats disrespecting his name. And secondly,it ain't htat big a deal everyone is still proud of the guys they played their hearts out and fell short. So.... giving the guys props I have "PRIDE" in saying.....

Go Hornets!Beat Marlin!!!

spaniard
10-23-2002, 10:09 AM
hornetpride, just quit. there is no sense in you getting on here and putting down all these people who you dont know, and say stuff that you only assume is true. youre getting yourself mad about nothing that you can fix or even affect by your negativity towards your town and the people there. my suggestion is to just quit coming on here bc it is not only affecting you or the people you are harassing, its making people on the outside angry and sick of it too. just my humbled opinion from what you lectured me about a while back. only, youre name that time around was GoOrange. oh and by the way, please do not ever, ever, ever use Christ's name as a mockery, it is another thing that will get you disliked even more.

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

hotstuff
10-23-2002, 10:22 AM
I may not agree with everyone hp has to say, but he didn't use Jesus Christ's name in vain. I think he was making fun of the fact that people were forcing him to say things he didn't believe were true about Caldwell's efforts.

fb_gurl
10-23-2002, 10:27 AM
But the fact is he didn't have to use Jesus Christ at all. He put it as we are bigger that Jesus Christ when no one is. So that doesn't make it right that he did.

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: fb_gurl ]</small>

Matthew328
10-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Okay can we leave the religous discussion alone?