PDA

View Full Version : how to spell burnet

spaniard
11-21-2003, 10:48 AM
ok, this post is for those of you from burnet and wherever else that keep on spelling burnet with two "t's". i hate to be a grammar terd, but it does kinda get a little aggravating seeing people spell burnet like burkburnett. the pronunciation is burn 'it, not bur 'nett. hehe, just wanted to get that out of the way, sorry but its killing me when i keep on seeing people spelling it that way. i mean, we could just start spelling wharton as warton, sounds right...not really though :D

PPHSfan
11-21-2003, 10:58 AM
I thought Wharton was pronounced..Horton. Am I wrong too? lol

Bandera YaYa
11-21-2003, 12:27 PM
...and people pronounce us as Bon-dera...but it's just not a big deal to us.....funny, tho, when I was growing up in the hill country, we always said Bur-nett.....and no one ever corrected us about it.....did ya'll change the
pronounciation of it within the last 10 years??
Just wondering.....

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Spaniard,
I think they KNOW how to spell it, they don't WANT to spell it correctly. I feel sure that the Burnet coaches on this forum will print out these
examples of cockiness for our locker room. The statements about how to spell Burnet will be made tomorrow evening!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: GreatBigBurnetFan ]</small>

Titans
11-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Who really gives a rat's ass??? At least they are talking about you, right?

It's MID-LAND, not mitlin
It's AmarillOOOO, not amarillAAAA
It's RuidosOOO, not ruidosAAAAA
It's SchulenBURG, not schulenBERG
It's WEIMAR, not whiner
It's SHINER, not bock

For the love of Pete, let it be!

Bandera YaYa
11-21-2003, 12:58 PM
Titans:

It's WEIMAR, not whiner
It's SHINER, not bock

For the love of Pete, let it be!...you better edit that curse word out of your post or you will be history on here...just thought you'd want to know.! Yeah, I agree....Burnet better be worrying about the game at hand, least of all, how people spell or pronouce their name!! :D LOL!

44INAROW
11-21-2003, 12:58 PM
At least they are using CAPITAL B lol

Titans
11-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Come now....Burnet is NOT a curse word. As for the other so-called curse word you are referring to; if I get booted because of that, I'd be happy to leave and come on as a different user. No big deal. But ASS is not a curse word, it's part of the human body, one that many fall flat on after being upset in these here playoffs.

Bandera YaYa:

Titans:

It's WEIMAR, not whiner
It's SHINER, not bock

For the love of Pete, let it be!...you better edit that curse word out of your post or you will be history on here...just thought you'd want to know.! Yeah, I agree....Burnet better be worrying about the game at hand, least of all, how people spell or pronouce their name!! :D LOL!

Bandera YaYa
11-21-2003, 01:08 PM
...OK, but if you have been on here for any time, you will know that others have been kicked off for this word.....But it's OK, to say "a$$".....go figure, but I don't make the rules......would hate to see you go for something so little.... :D

Ranger Mom
11-21-2003, 02:21 PM
Oops!! I have been pronouncing it wrong (Burnet) all this time! Thanks for the info!

weatherag07
11-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Ranger Mom:
Oops!! I have been pronouncing it wrong (Burnet) all this time! Thanks for the info!That's okay. It just gets annoying after a while. It's like people saying your last name wrong, over and over...GRRR! I hate that! LOL!

Number Two
11-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Burnet, Durnet, Learn-et

oh yeah, and WHO CARES anyway

Ranger Mom
11-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Number Two:
Burnet, Durnet, Learn-et

oh yeah, and WHO CARES anywayI learned-it!! :D :D

Hottogo
11-21-2003, 03:40 PM
spaniard:
ok, this post is for those of you from burnet and wherever else that keep on spelling burnet with two "t's". i hate to be a grammar terd, but it does kinda get a little aggravating seeing people spell burnet like burkburnett. the pronunciation is burn 'it, not bur 'nett. hehe, just wanted to get that out of the way, sorry but its killing me when i keep on seeing people spelling it that way. i mean, we could just start spelling wharton as warton, sounds right...not really though :D Warten (Wart ten)sounds better!

Hottogo
11-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Titans:

It's WEIMAR, not whiner
It's SHINER, not bock

For the love of Pete, let it be!Ok Tittians eek! eek!

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Hottogo ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
11-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Number Two:
Burnet, Durnet, Learn-et

oh yeah, and WHO CARES anywayPeople from Burnet maybe....