PDA

View Full Version : T.V. Timeouts

Keith7
10-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Is anyone else annoyed by the amount of commercials during the NFL games now-a-days.. maybe i never noticed them in the past but this year they are REALLY getting on my nerves.. at one point during the Eagles/Ravens game they took 3 commercial breaks in the matter of 4 plays!! :eek: They took a commercial break after the Ravens punted, then again a play later after the 2 minute warning, and then 1 play later after a Timeout... thats just rediculous...

Ranger05
10-31-2004, 02:40 PM
yea that is ridiculous

TXMike
10-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Would you be willing to pay to watch the games commercial free? And if so, how much? That is the alternative to commercials

Keith7
10-31-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TXMike
Would you be willing to pay to watch the games commercial free? And if so, how much? That is the alternative to commercials

yes.. actually we do pay to watch our football... we bought NFL sunday ticket so we can watch everygame.. i'm not sure how much it cost but i know it isnt cheap

3afan
10-31-2004, 04:11 PM
its been like that for a long time - thats the main reason i dont like going to cowboy (pro) games 'cause during all those tv timeouts you're just sittin' there waiting

Keith7
10-31-2004, 04:14 PM
I think it would me alot more entertaining if they brought out the cheerleaders and trampolines and just did close ups

Bullaholic
10-31-2004, 04:20 PM
You need P.I.P. or a second tv, Keith. I never watch commercials---I just flip to another game and then back. Either that, or you could start an online game league that switches over and plays each other only during commercials, pauses, and then goes back to the game.

Keith7
10-31-2004, 04:27 PM
well i get normally have 4 or 5 games going at the same time but there are times when all of them are on commercial.. which really is sad

Bulldog_12
10-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah I went to see the Texans play last year, and they would stop right in the middle of a big drive for commercials. Talk about a momentum killer. It was funny to see these guys that were hitting each other at one time standing around just making chit chat. It was funny.