PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS. Merkel

wildstangs
10-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Predictions?

This game is for a playoff spot. Sweetwater doesnt lose at home much, but Merkel has played the Stangs very close the last couple of years. I predicted earlier in the year that Merkel would upset one of "the big three" this year. I sure hope I was wong since the Badgers have already lost to Wylie and Snyder. Sweetwater has to contain Lambert, and hope the Badgers keep turning over the ball.

Sweetwater 35 Merkel 24

TheDOCTORdre
10-31-2004, 02:29 PM
Sweetwater coming off the bye, is at home, and most importantly a playoff spot on the line Sweetwater 31 Merkel-14

pero chato
10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
I don't see the upset here. Sweetwater knows the importance of this game and will not be looking down the road or caught off guard. Mustangs by 15.

Black_Magic
10-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Merkel is a scrapy bunch. They are fighting for a playoff spot. I believe Sweetwater will win BUT.... the Merkel QB is good and they can throw the ball well when they want. Better keep #2 playing D most of the night or it could be an upset. Sweetwater is playing for a share of District championship so they should be motivated. If they lose then they may get 3rd.

Redman
10-31-2004, 04:30 PM
Sweetwater will be very tough in red and at home. I know Sweetwater will not be looking past Merkel. I predict a close game with both teams. If Merkel can play the way they played in these last couple games, minimize their mistakes, I think they have a chance. Sweetwater is a very good team and hard to stop once they get rolling. Thats going to be Merkel's test. I just think Sweetwater is going to be too much for the Badgers this year.

Buffalo
10-31-2004, 05:45 PM
Not only is Sweetwater playing for a playoff spot but also a piece of the Distrct Championship. They will be ready to play

tomlandry
10-31-2004, 07:04 PM
sweetwater by 14 merkel will put up a fight the 1st half

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Sweetwater by 10.

Black & Gold
10-31-2004, 11:48 PM
This will be the better game in our district this week. Should be pretty interesting. Just because Sweetwater doubted Snyder against Wylie, I would like to say Merkel will win this one. I just don't see it happening though. Merkel might have a chance if it weren't in the bowl. I think Sweetwater takes this one. It will be close though.

wildstangs
10-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
This will be the better game in our district this week. Should be pretty interesting. Just because Sweetwater doubted Snyder against Wylie, I would like to say Merkel will win this one. I just don't see it happening though. Merkel might have a chance if it weren't in the bowl. I think Sweetwater takes this one. It will be close though.

I think most people in the state doubted Snyder would beat Wylie. And besides, a true Snyder fans wants Sweetwater to lose every game, not just this one lol. :)

Stangster
11-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Sweetwater over Merkel and I don't think it will be close. Just because Snyder had trouble with the Badgers doesn't mean Sweetwater will. Sweetwater by 17!

Black & Gold
11-01-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
And besides, a true Snyder fans wants Sweetwater to lose every game, not just this one lol. :)

Good point. Besides, I would rather not have to share a district championship with you guys.

Just messin' with you guys.

stateboundWR#5
11-01-2004, 09:39 AM
well if you ask me i think it will turn out to be a close game. i would like to pick merkel, but sweetwater is hard to beat at home. sweetwater wins a close one. all merkel would have to do is shut thompson down from running the ball, because everyone knows that they aren't a passing team, if you know what i mean! this could be the upset of the week.

TheDOCTORdre
11-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Why does everyone say that all anyone has to do is stop Thompson from running the ball, I know we are a running team, but Thompson does not get all of our rushing yards in the game, yes it a is a good portion of it, but if you shut down Thompson, one of our other backs will burn ya

vet93
11-01-2004, 10:24 AM
I don't think that it will be as close as some predict. I will say Sweetwater by 21.

pero chato
11-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Black & Gold

I'm glad you recognize that it was the Sweetwater crew giving you grief over the Snyder/Wylie predictions. True, we thought we could win, but going into this season we knew every district game would be a fight. The Wylie fans were stunned alright-- not because Snyder won -- but because we blew a 17 point lead. Of course that was bound to happen when we sent in the 8th grade girls basketball team in the second half. Just kidding of course; I give Snyder all the credit for wanting it more and never giving up.
I gave Sweetwater 15 points in the Merkel game but hope to see it closer. I think if the Merkel coaches prepare the players it could happen. You would think by now that they have scouted Sweetwater many times and know what to do. But in the end, all the scouting and preparation won't stop all that speed. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game.

Johnny Moxen
11-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Sweetwater by 21, Merkel doesn't have the team speed to play with Sweetwater at home.

MHSvarsity2007
11-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I really hope that we can beat Sweetwater...the guys are working really hard and they want to go to the play-offs again. Although Sweetwater is tough, especially since the game will be played in Sweetwater, I really hope that the guys can beat them. I'm not saying that Merkel will win by a landslide but I hope that it's close...but Badgers win!

GO BADGERS!!!

Black_Magic
11-01-2004, 08:06 PM
This is Round 1 of the playoffs for these two teams. if ya win you keep playing. you lose you stay home.

pero chato
11-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
This is Round 1 of the playoffs for these two teams. if ya win you keep playing. you lose you stay home.

good point.

westTXbest
11-01-2004, 08:37 PM
I dont think this will happen, cant win in the bowl sweetwater by 21.

mustang04
11-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
I dont think this will happen, cant win in the bowl sweetwater by 21.

correcto senor....the bowl is really hard to win in, especially when the O and D get pumped from our crowd....they will fight until the last whistle fri. night

Black_Magic
11-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Im sure Merkel does not have a chance in this one.;) One of these teams will be turning it in monday and starting Round ball. Its a shame. both teams would do well in the playoffs.

swatersenior
11-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Its too bad that merkel got stuck in this district they look to be a strong team but i think this game is just goin to turn into a track meet and as good as merkel's quarterback is i think sweetwaters defense can contain him

Stangster
11-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Why does everyone say its hard to win in the bowl?

We've done it everytime this year.

Go Mustangs!

mustang04
11-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
Why does everyone say its hard to win in the bowl?

We've done it everytime this year.

Go Mustangs!

hahahaha...and the years before...very few teams have beaten us at home

Black & Gold
11-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Go Merkel! Go Merkel! Go Merkel!

Just kidding. Good luck to both teams!