PDA

View Full Version : Clyde VS. Wylie

wildstangs
10-31-2004, 01:08 PM
Predictions?

I think Wylie wins this one big. Clyde is already eliminated from the playoffs, but with a win over Wylie, Clyde would avoid going winless in district, and would also knock Wylie out of the district championship race. Wylie lost a very dissapointing game to Snyder, and will take out their frustrations on the other Bulldogs. Wylie will also be looking for revenge after Clyde upset them last year.

Wylie 42 Clyde 10

TheDOCTORdre
10-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Wylie-38 Clyde-10

Ranger05
10-31-2004, 02:37 PM
wylie without a doubt the only way clyde will get a lead is if they get the ball first and score but other than that all wylie
Wylie-49 clyde-7

tomlandry
10-31-2004, 02:37 PM
wylie has to much size and speed. wylie by 35

pero chato
10-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Clyde would love to repeat last year's victory over Wylie. And they could if Wylie continues the meltdown that started in the second half of the Snyder game. I think Sandifer prepares the guys and they will be ready to win a piece of the district championship, and more importantly, get some momentum going into the playoffs. Wylie by 14.

Redman
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Wylie wins this one. Clyde is going to be playing hard so Wylie can't be looking to playoffs yet. I'll say it will be a closer game than most people will think. Wylie by 17.

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Wylie by 21 easy

Black & Gold
10-31-2004, 11:52 PM
I think Wylie takes this one pretty easily. It shouldn't be close.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2004, 12:11 AM
I also agree. I think Clyde gives it their all, but that just will not be enough. Wylie wins Big.

renegade*dawg
11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
hung with them all year.

but wylie takes this one.

westTXbest
11-01-2004, 02:27 PM
hate to say but if wylie bring there a gome its going to look like a 6 man score.

Johnny Moxen
11-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Well I think Wylie will win, but this game scares me as much as the Snyder game did. If the Wylie team doesn't play four quarters it'll be a long night. In the second half against Snyder we executed and played with the intensity of a "pee wee" football team, particularly the O-line. Those big fat butts need to start blowing some people off the ball. Otherwise, it could be ground hog day all over again.

redraider
11-01-2004, 08:48 PM
After last year, Sandifer won't take this game lightly. He doesn't take a game lightly anyway. Wylie will be out for revenge. Wylie in a blow out!!

DOGFAN
11-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Well I think Wylie will win, but this game scares me as much as the Snyder game did. If the Wylie team doesn't play four quarters it'll be a long night. In the second half against Snyder we executed and played with the intensity of a "pee wee" football team, particularly the O-line. Those big fat butts need to start blowing some people off the ball. Otherwise, it could be ground hog day all over again.

I couldn't disagree more. The O-line is Wylie's greatest asset. The defense is more of the reason Snyder was able to come back. The offense hardly had the ball in the second half. The offensive tackles struggled a little but can't be blamed completely. As for the middle three linemen Hoyng, Wolfe and Krump, their dominance has been undeniable all year long. Snyder had a good game plan. Their D-line was obviously inferior to our brutes up front so they just went at our linemen's knees as blockers for the linebackers which worked great for them against our slow developing plays. I would definitely like to see us run up the middle a little more behind the three beasts. Also I noticed #30 for Wylie runs hard and stays behind his pads well. He did great against Merkel behind the 2nd O-line but didn't play against Snyder. Kiger is a good shifty runner and I think 30 (Hibler?) would be a good change-up power runner to complement him.

Stangster
11-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Wylie won't make the same mistake twice. I predict they will show up for both halfs this week. Wylie over Clyde!

sirhc11
11-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Is Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder already in the playoffs, or is there a chance Merkel could slide in there?

I think Wylie will be out for revenge, but Clyde has nothing to lose so I don't know. It will hopefully be a good game.

wildstangs
11-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Wylie and Snyder are in. The winner of the Sweetwater - Merkel game is the last team.

Black_Magic
11-03-2004, 09:39 AM
I dont know how it will come out. BUT.. Wylie had a problem with Decatur's 3-5 D, Sweetwater put in a 3-4 or 3-5 D for Wylie and gave them problems, Snyder used a 3-5 D for a larg portion of the night and did well..... Will Clyde follow in the same footsteps. has a chink in the Armor been found? The big Wylie linemen had problems with getting cut. then Snyders D line speed showed up in the 4th for a couple of sacks to seal the deal. Snyders Secondary did great. But will Clyde have the O to score ???If Clyde comes to play with confidence it could be closer than people think.

tomlandry
11-03-2004, 12:44 PM
SORRY but clyde can put 13 kids on the field at 1 time and still not stop wylie . clyde has NOT beat a 3a team all year and that's not going to change this week. no matter how slow their linemen are all so wylie is not going to loose its share of the district title.

pero chato
11-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by tomlandry
SORRY but clyde can put 13 kids on the field at 1 time and still not stop wylie . clyde has NOT beat a 3a team all year and that's not going to change this week. no matter how slow their linemen are all so wylie is not going to loose its share of the district title.

Clyde did just fine last year against Wylie with 11 players on the field. lol. This will be a close game if Wylie isn't over the shell shock from the second half of the Snyder game.

tomlandry
11-04-2004, 11:58 AM
clyde had a huge win last year because the sr.class. had only lost to wylie 1 time and that was when they were jr.s cant say that about any other class from clyde. sr 2004 were 5 wins and only 1 loss vs. wylie since the 7th grade thats why they won. clyde has no depth this year. wylie wins BIG

pero chato
11-04-2004, 12:07 PM
clyde had a huge win last year because the sr.class. had only lost to wylie 1 time and that was when they were jr.s cant say that about any other class from clyde. sr 2004 were 5 wins and only 1 loss vs. wylie since the 7th grade thats why they won. clyde has no depth this year. wylie wins BIG

I had heard the same thing from the Wylie folks about last year's Clyde team. They played like they knew they could win--and apparently had-- with a 5-1 record. The loss was a tough one for us last year, but it did wonders for the remaining district games and even into the playoffs. Clyde has nothing to lose here, so I see them playing all out. Wylie better be ready for this one or it could be deja vu all over again.

BigAbe79
11-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Tom Landry...............If I remember right there was more than just seniors during that game. There were 3 starting linebackers that were juniors, two of them led the team in tackles last year. A sophmore started Qb that game. And a junior led the team in rushing yards. All the seniors did last year was bring the team down with lack of leadership.