PDA

View Full Version : predictions on Bellville @ Rice " THE SWAMP"

raider_player
10-31-2004, 09:29 AM
I BELIEVE RICE TAKES THIS ONE

CheerMom
10-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Looking forward to this game. I think it will be a great matchup!!
Good Luck to my Raiders and may both teams play safe and injury free!!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Raider Nurse
10-31-2004, 04:42 PM
I believe Rice can win this game. Bellville always plays Rice tough! Hope fully Rice will take the momentum from last week's game into this week. Go, Rice!!!! You can do it!!!!! Win district!!!! Beat those Brahmas!!!!!! :clap:

rhs78
10-31-2004, 04:58 PM
this should be a very good game. both offenses can gain lots of yards,both over 300+ per game, and both can score plenty of points. i see it coming down to the defense. bellvile has given up around 300 yds per game , rice has given up around 175yd per game. rice has the edge in defense and the swamp. it could be very close. RICE-28 Bellville-24. good luck to both teams and remain injury free for the run into the playoffs

gobbler grad
10-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Got to take Rice at home. 2 great offenses, ought to be a good game.
Good Luck Raiders

creditcard
10-31-2004, 05:51 PM
just go ahead and give Rice the division 2 championship......they wont lose the rest of the year

2little2no
10-31-2004, 06:26 PM
RICE RAIDERS WILL BECOME DISTRICT CHAMPS BELLVILLE MAY HAVE DEPTH ON THE OFFENSE BUT THEY CANNOT MATCHUP UP WITH THE MIGHTY RAIDERS. I PREDICT THE RAIDERS BY 14.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2004, 06:58 PM
This should be a great game. Bellville's offense has more balance than that of a Sealy or Navasota. Rice won't be able to just key on the run or one player. If Bellville has success on offense, you are looking at another shoot-out. Bellville's defense must slow down Rice's ground attack and try to get them in passing situations. Preventing the long run and making some key stops will crucial for Bellville. I wouldn't just hand Rice the district championship just yet, I have a feeling that Bellville won't go down easy.

Brahma73
10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
just go ahead and give Rice the division 2 championship......they wont lose the rest of the year

Of course! Why didn't the rest of us think of that. All of us on here like basketball so much better anyway...:clap:

2little2no
10-31-2004, 09:36 PM
SOUND LIKE THE BRAHAMS ARE ALREADY SET FOR THE 2004 BASKETBALL SEASON. EITHER WAY RICE AND BELLVILLE ARE GOING TO PLAY FRIDAY NIGHT. GO RAIDERS, BOTH TEAMS HAVE AN INJUIRY FREE GAME..... GO BIG BLUE.

elhs
11-01-2004, 08:31 AM
All I know it is going to be a great match up.

Want to wish Raiders Good Luck and lets win District.

Go Big Blue!!

chugbug
11-01-2004, 09:44 AM
The Raiders have never beaten Bellville. This will change on Friday night at the swamp. Go Raiders.:) :) :eek: :eek: :hairpunk:

fullhouse
11-01-2004, 10:35 AM
Good Luck Brahmas! Get after it.

scotty
11-01-2004, 11:13 AM
It’s Monday so this gives you plenty of time to agree or disagree on the way I look at the Rice – Bellville match-up.
RICE: A great defense that is loaded with players who have size, speed and make something happen when they get to the football. The team is made up of good-looking rangy kids who look like football players. Anyone who has seen them can rave about their defense, but on offense they are just about as good or maybe even better.
Charles Huffman is a premier player, but Jay Thomas could be the second or third best running back in the district. The only reason he isn’t a 1,000-yard rusher is because he is on a team that has Huffman and doesn’t have to carry that type of offensive load. He is also a key player on defense.
If there is a weakness on offense it is in their passing game. But they have never been really pressed to use a passing game because of their great run offense. If they get behind and are forced to pass, that could be a factor and chances are that in the playoffs it will be.
I’m not saying that they can’t pass, they proved against Navasota that they could, but when they do it is unexpected and they haven’t been forced into such an attack.
BELLVILLE: The Brahmas have been coming on and I just believe that to defeat Rice they will have to be at their very best. Offensively they are better than Sealy and Sealy did manage a bit of offense against the Raiders and made the game close. But defensively they aren’t as good as Sealy is, and should have trouble with stopping Huffman.
Sealy was able to hold Bellville to six offensive points and Rice is every bit as good as Sealy on defense if not better.
After watching both teams play, I believe that Rice is better than Cuero and some people have the Gobblers picked tops in the state.
Bellville has great pride and want a piece of the district championship. On the other hand Rice is hungry for the first outright district championship and the game is on their home field, so I'll pick Rice.

Bellville22
11-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Tremendous post as usual, 'scotty'. You'll allow my post to be much shorter as you covered much of the stuff I was gonna talk about. I'll throw out my prediction on Wed.

rhs78
11-01-2004, 12:32 PM
outstanding post and take on the game

BrahmaMom
11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
You sum it up well, scotty, Bellville will have to bring their very best game to beat Rice. Mistake-free ball is not going to be enough. The Brahmas are gonna go down fighting, if they go down. Rice has tremendous talent we'll have to stop for four quarters. I pray for an injury-free game for both teams. GO BULLS!!!

Tidal Wave
11-01-2004, 06:35 PM
where is this game taking place at and what time

Bull's-eye
11-01-2004, 06:44 PM
The game will be at Rice on Friday night with a 7:30 pm kick-off.

BIG WILL
11-01-2004, 07:40 PM
GOOD BIG BLUE!!! :D

Bull's-eye
11-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Welcome aboard BIG WILL!

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-01-2004, 07:54 PM
This game will in fact be a very good 3a game. As many have said both offenses are very strong but Bellville's defense will suffer trying to hold Rice. I expect a high scoring game, probably 65 total points or higher, but Rice will come out on top!

2little2no
11-01-2004, 07:55 PM
RICE RAIDERS DON'T GET THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVE AS FAR AS THE STATE POLLS ARE CONCERNED. RICE IS JUST AS GOOD OF A TEAM AS THE CUERO GOBBLERS AND THEY ARE RANKED #1. WHO RANKS THESE TEAMS. AS FAR AS THE GAME FRIDAY NIGHT RICE WILL BE READY TO PLAY, SO BELLVILLE YOU BETTER COME WITH YOUR BEST GAME. PLAY HARD RAIDERS AND WE'LL BE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON FOR THE ENTIRE 4 QTRS. BIG UP'S TO THE RAIDERS OFFENSIVE LINE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DOUBTED YOU GUYS. :)

JettJenkins04
11-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I never doubted the Raiders offensive line, but I know of o so many people that did. Even though I did not doubt the O-Line, I did not think that they would gel and be as good as they are today. But what am I thinking, being a Raider makes you want to be the best. You strive each practice and game to do your best. It was just a matter of time before Brad and his great coaching staff had this team rolling like Raiders roll. Anyway, no team want's there team to be the first train to derail off the playoff track. So on that note, I think Raiders will be good for many years to come. But good luck to them boys this week at the Swamp. Being an ex Raider, I know how we protect our house. So if you want some Bellville, all I got's to say is come get some.

04-05 20-3a District Champs

Go Raiders you can do it

:D

2little2no
11-01-2004, 09:13 PM
GOOD REPLY JETT, YOU ARE SO RIGHT THIS TEAM HAS COME TOGETHER AS 1. THE RAIDERS HAVE ALWAYS PLAYED AS A TEAM, AND THE COACHING STAFF HAS DONE A WONDERFUL JOB WITH THIS TEAM. OH YEAH, I'VE NEVER SEEN BRAHMAS GO THRU A SWAMP. YOU CAN EXPECT BIG PLAYS ON DEFENSE THIS WEEK, WHAT ELSE CAN YOU GET FROM A DEFENSIVE MINDED HEAD COACH LIKE "DU". GO BIG BLUE. AND I FEEL THE RAIDERS HAVE THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE DISTRICT. HAVE WE FORGOT DEFENSE WINS GAMES. WE KNOW THE RAIDERS CAN SCORE, BUT WILL BELLVILE BE ABLE TO MATCH THE INTENSITY.

downlower
11-01-2004, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2little2no
[B] OH YEAH, I'VE NEVER SEEN BRAHMAS GO THRU A SWAMP.

I'm pretty sure the Brahmas went through the "Swamp" two years ago, they would of went through the same "swamp" last year but the game was played at the Pasture. Oh yeah, and the reason that Rice is not ranked like Cuero, is because Cuero has not been beaten yet. What are you thinking?

JettJenkins04
11-01-2004, 11:19 PM
HA HA HA, you think your really funny Downlower. If we would have played ya'll at the SWAMP last year. Trust me it wouldn't have been close.

downlower
11-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
HA HA HA, you think your really funny Downlower. If we would have played ya'll at the SWAMP last year. Trust me it wouldn't have been close.

Oh i trust you Jet, it was close even though it wasn't at the swamp.

swampkitten
11-01-2004, 11:57 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Go Big Blue !!!!!!!! All the Way To State !!!!!!

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Dang Rookie, you hoped in the scene and made your first error on your first post.

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 12:18 AM
You know I luv ya downlower, much love baby.:inlove:

lol

swampkitten
11-02-2004, 12:20 AM
lol !!!!!!!!!!

swampkitten
11-02-2004, 12:23 AM
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: So i left out a word!!!! You know what i meant !!!!!!!!GOOOOOO BIGGGGGG BLLLLUE!!!!!

downlower
11-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Dang Rookie, you hoped in the scene and made your first error on your first post.

Oh i know it's all fun Jett. By the way you made a mistake on your 147 post, it's hopped, not hoped. It's ok if you want to give up with me, you can't win. haha

CheerMom
11-02-2004, 11:26 AM
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Raider4ever
11-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Lol.. Jack EAT IT!

GOOOOOOOOooOooO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cunbed10
11-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Tremendous post as usual, 'scotty'. You'll allow my post to be much shorter as you covered much of the stuff I was gonna talk about. I'll throw out my prediction on Wed. Bellville being the underdog in this one, is very dangerous, Rice cannot keep this game close for 4 quarters, if the game is close in the 4th I'll go with Bellville, if Rice goes up buy 2TD early, I'll go with Rice, so that's my pick.:rolleyes:

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 05:34 PM
My bad on that one, we all make mistakes;) .

Raider Nurse
11-02-2004, 07:22 PM
If Bellville should win Friday night, then why would they be district champs? Weren't they beat by Navasota? Go Raiders!!!!

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Because that would be there only loss. And if they were to beat Rice, that puts them over Navasota because Navasota lost to Rice. They both will be at 4-1 and share the crown with Rice. Just like when we beat Wharton in 2003 to share the crown with them.

creditcard
11-02-2004, 08:48 PM
ill take rice by 2 touchdowns

swampkitten
11-02-2004, 08:48 PM
My bad on that one, we all make mistakes;) . :doh: :doh: :doh: Thats right B.J. we all sure do !!!! Go Rice !!!!!

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 08:51 PM
go rice

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Wow, things are already getting intense. By the way, since Bellville's team is pretty young too (I think), how's their Junior Varsity doing this year? Whats their district record?

fisher67
11-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey Raider Nurse, Bellville would be champs because the first tie-breaker is head to head. All other losses or wins are thrown out the window. They may say co-champs or something like that but Bellville would be considered the 1st place team. Come on Raider Nurse I know this has been explained to you before. Did you take the wrong medication this morning or what!

Raider Nurse
11-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Hey,fisher67! Lighten up! Yes,it was explained to me before but I must have forgotten!!! It runs in my family genes I guess. Some times even taking the right medicine can't help when it comes to family!!!

CheerMom
11-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Raider Nurse
Hey,fisher67! Lighten up! Yes,it was explained to me before but I must have forgotten!!! It runs in my family genes I guess. Some times even taking the right medicine can't help when it comes to family!!!

Let's behave, children!!!:D :D

JettJenkins04
11-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Hey Fisher67, leave people alone. But anyway, you don't have to worry about anything. The Raiders are going to win and they are going to win big. In that case, we are the Undisputed DISTRICT CHAMPS. All you better worry about is the Sealy and Navasota game, our ya'll will be on the court by next week:D HA HA. Were already in so who cares. But I guess we will beat ya'll for fun anyway.

KL3
11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Insanity Strikes Again, Bellville's JV is doing ok this year, I think their record is 5-4 or 4-5 something like that. But like I've talked with others about, I don't think in 3A ball you can predict what the future may hold based on JV teams success.

In Bellville this year, and probably many others, the very best Sophomores get pulled up to the varsity, b/c 3A teams just don't have the depth. Although, last year Bellville only had 1 or 2 Sophs on the varsity.

This year, there are around 12 Sophs. getting lots of playing time for Bellville. I look at how a school's freshman teams are doing more than their JV's. That is really the last time a single class will be altogether. Having said all that, this year's Soph. class never lost a game 7th - 9th and Bellville's freshman are undefeated this year with not one game being close.

CheerMom
11-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Rice usually has no more than one or two sophmores on the varsity squad. Same holds true this year.

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

CheerMom
11-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey Bellville22, where's your prediction? I always enjoy reading your posts.

Bull's-eye
11-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah 22, where's that prediction? :thinking:

BrahmaMom
11-03-2004, 07:32 PM
It's Wednesday, I bet 22 is working on it right now! Go Brahmas!

Bellville22
11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Sorry guys, I've been sick the past 2 days, can't give my full effort right now. But I'll definately have it by tomorrow afternoon.

CheerMom
11-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Sorry guys, I've been sick the past 2 days, can't give my full effort right now. But I'll definately have it by tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry to hear that!! I hope you're feeling better soon!!:(

Bull's-eye
11-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Get well 22, there's a good game brewing for Friday night! :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

fisher67
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey raider nurse, you don't have to tell me about family! I have got a few I would like to deny. It just seems that the older siblings are always forgetting things. I guess age will do that to you. As for Jett, you really should no something about me; RHS 85! GO BIG BLUE!

Bellville22
11-03-2004, 10:38 PM
This week is not a very favorable one for Bellville matchup wise. Rice brings a power running game behind Charles Huffman, which is exactly what Bellville struggles in defending. The Raiders also have very good DEs, who could create chaos in the Brahma backfield all night.

It's no secret what Rice will do, they'll pound Huffman at the undersized Brahma D, control the clock, and control the ball. As long as they don't turn the ball over, they've got to like their chances to wrap up an undefeated district season. They may also catch Bellville stacking the box, and come up with a big play or two in the play-action passing game.

Bellville on the other hand must make some things happen. They have to go into the game thinking they'll need to score 28 to 30 to win. They'll have a tough time establishing the run against this Rice D. Last year it was Bellville's passing attack that allowed them to overcome a halftime deficit in one of the great high school football games I've ever seen. Rice had no answer as Buenger threw for well over 200 yards. The Bellville passing game isn't near what it was, but if they want to have a chance Friday, they'll have to have some kind of balance in their attack. The key for the Brahmas will be how their OT's and RB's block the DE's from Rice, who will have their ears pinned back and be coming after Pope. If Pope can get some time, he'll have to take advantage of it and make some things happen in the air. If the Raiders force Bellville to be one-dimensional, it will be a long night for the Brahmas. Remember, in the pocket Pope is a pretty efficient passer, and with Sanders (a D1 talent WR) and a rapidly improving Harris at the wide-outs, the big play potential is there.

Defensively the Brahmas must take the "bend but don't break" mentality. This team showed me alot two weeks ago vs. Navasota. I was very proud of their effort against Chris Smith. They'll need to surpass that effort this week if they want a share of the district crown. Containing the big play will be huge, the more plays it take for Rice to drive, the more chances for a big turnover. Bellville will need atleast 2 to stay in this one in my opinion.

Finally, I see the Bulls needing atleast one big special teams play. A blocked punt, a big return, something to get some momentum and get a quick score or turnaround. That was the difference in the Sealy game, and I look for them to try to make some things happen this week as well.

May not be the biggest game in D20 playoff wise, but nonetheless this is a huge game. Bellville went into "The Swamp" 2 years ago and dominated the Raiders, and last year Bellville came from behind to beat Rice at "The Pasture." You better believe there's some revenge on the minds of the Raiders, but this Brahma team also knows they can compete. As I said, matchup wise Rice has to be fairly big favorites, Bellville will have to create some breaks to stay in this one. Everyone knows I'm always very objective when making my picks, as I've picked against my Bulls several times this year. However about once a year I get to go out on a limb and make a "gut pick", this is that pick. Don't know how it'll happen, and can't reason through it, but something tells me this young Brahma team is going to find what it takes to get the job done. Phone Navasota and Sealy and tell them to forget about point spreads and 3-way ties for 2nd, cause the loser of that game will be out of the playoffs. 'BrahmaMom', this one's for you...some way, some how, the Brahmas find a way to win this one....

Bellville 28
Rice Cons. 27

2little2no
11-03-2004, 10:51 PM
:D GOOD POST BELLVILLE 22 BUT THERE WILL BE NO UPSET HEAR FRIDAY NIGHT. THE QB FROM BELLVILLE WILL HAVE NO TIME IN THE POCKET AGAINST THE SPEED OF THE RAIDER DEFENSE. OUR DEFENSE HAS DOMINATED EVERY GAME THIS SEASON AND WILL CONTINUE TO. BUT I LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT GAME. GO GET EM' RAIDERS, GO BIG BLUE.

CheerMom
11-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Excellant post, as always, 22. Of course, I'm hoping "your gut" is wrong and my Raiders come out on top!! I look forward to a very exciting game!! Can't wait. Glad you're feeling better!! :D

Bellville22
11-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Thanks Mom, it's been a rough 24 hours. Look forward to a great game in the great football weather. Good luck to both teams!

Ranger Mom
11-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Here is how the "lowdown" was explained to me!

Bellville & Navasota win: 3 way tie for 1st...Navasota Rice and Bellville will all go to playoffs
Bellville Loss, Navasota Win, Rice #1 Navasota#2 Bell #3
Bellville win Nav loss: Tie for #1, Bell and Rice, Tie for #2 Sealy and Navasota. either Navasota or sealy loses spot
Bellville Loss Navasota loss...3 way tie for #2 Navasota – Bellville - Sealy. 1 out of 3 loses playoff spot.
to go into Playoffs Navasota needs: Win or lose by no more than 3
Bellville needs: Win or Navasota win and lose by no more than 5
Rice needs Win, but their pretty much in.
Sealy needs: win by more than 3, bellville win
Hempstead & Columbus, Out of contendership

Team that goes division 1 will meet Caldwell

Compliment of #60 who says he'll be back when the season is over, ready to talk rattler baseball and powerlifting

mustang04
11-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Here is how the "lowdown" was explained to me!

Bellville & Navasota win: 3 way tie for 1st...Navasota Rice and Bellville will all go to playoffs
Bellville Loss, Navasota Win, Rice #1 Navasota#2 Bell #3
Bellville win Nav loss: Tie for #1, Bell and Rice, Tie for #2 Sealy and Navasota. either Navasota or sealy loses spot
Bellville Loss Navasota loss...3 way tie for #2 Navasota – Bellville - Sealy. 1 out of 3 loses playoff spot.
to go into Playoffs Navasota needs: Win or lose by no more than 3
Bellville needs: Win or Navasota win and lose by no more than 5
Rice needs Win, but their pretty much in.
Sealy needs: win by more than 3, bellville win
Hempstead & Columbus, Out of contendership

Team that goes division 1 will meet Caldwell

Compliment of #60 who says he'll be back when the season is over, ready to talk rattler baseball and powerlifting

interesting....i would like to see bellville win

rhs78
11-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Excellent post,bellville22,hope you get well soon, it should be a outstanding game at the swamp,defense will be the key. the weather will finally feel like football weather should. Go raiders,good luck bellville

UPanIN
11-04-2004, 11:29 AM
This team showed me alot two weeks ago vs. Navasota. I was very proud of their effort against Chris Smith.

Very good post 22. I can agree on everything but the statement about Smith.

You better hope Bellville has a whole lot better effort than with Navasota's Chris Smith. Being proud of holding a RB to 264 yds and 4-5 TD's is really being a homer. Plus you D gave up 110 yds rushing to Martin also. If you get that effort Belllville is looking at a "L".

But having said that I agree with your gut. Bellville knows how to win BIG GAMES.

Bull's-eye
11-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Bellville 22 stated he was proud of Bellville's "effort" against Smith. Smith had a great game, but it took alot of heart and determination for the under-sized defense to tackle a runner that out weighed most of them by 40-60 lbs. That effort gave Bellville a chance to win and forced Navasota to convert two 4th down plays to pull out the victory. I'll take that "effort" every game!
'

Bellville22
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Very good post 22. I can agree on everything but the statement about Smith.

You better hope Bellville has a whole lot better effort than with Navasota's Chris Smith. Being proud of holding a RB to 264 yds and 4-5 TD's is really being a homer. Plus you D gave up 110 yds rushing to Martin also. If you get that effort Belllville is looking at a "L".

'Bulls-Eye' already has my back, but I'll say it anyway. Just like he said, I was proud of their "EFFORT", not necessarily the results. This is a very small, very undersized, and very young defense, and I've watched them grow up in a hurry this year. If they show me that kind of effort against Huffman, I'll be very proud of them, regardless of a win or a loss, or whether Huffman rushes for 2 or 350 yards. You can't control size, speed, or talent, but you can control heart and effort, and I saw a bunch of it from that unit in Navasota.

'UPanIN', don't take it the wrong way, I understand what you're saying, I'm not trying to jump your case, just want to make it clear what I meant.

UPanIN
11-04-2004, 04:43 PM
'UPanIN', don't take it the wrong way, I understand what you're saying, I'm not trying to jump your case, just want to make it clear what I meant.

Bellville22.
No wrong way taken. You make your case very well.
Sometimes what I'm thinking and what I write doesn't come out the same to someone reading.

I understand what your saying about the "EFFORT" given. It's important. I never like to see kids give up and Bellville never gave up in that game and almost won it.

The Rattlers had some good effort with Rice and got pounded because they didn't make the plays after the effort. All I was really saying was that Bellville's effort better result in plays being made or Rice wins.

Bellville still wins in my humble opinon though.

elhs
11-04-2004, 05:28 PM
I want to wish our boys a BIG WIN tomorrow night?
Good Luck and lets take DISTRICT !!!! CHAMPS!!!!! '04

I want everyone to play injury and be safe to both sides driving to the game.

Go Big Blue!!!! We Luv Blue!!!! Go gettem' Raiders
Show them what the swamp can do to those Brahmas!!!!

Rattlermom
11-04-2004, 05:39 PM
I won't make a "prediction" on this game, but I believe if any team has the drive to get out there and "get 'r done" in a tough situation, it is Bellville! Good luck Brahamas! And good luck Raiders! Have a safe and injury free game!

Now to Ranger Mom, about talkin' Rattler baseball, well that's what I have REALLY been waiting for since August! Can't Wait!!

Bull's-eye
11-04-2004, 06:06 PM
On my 500th post, I'll wish for a Bellville victory. :D

I'm kind of like 22, everything favors the Rice team, but I'm going with the Bulls in a upset. I think the key to this game will be Bellville's offense vs Rice's defense. If Bellville can match Rice's output, we will have a ball game. Bellville won't be able to go man to man with the much bigger physical Rice team, but they can out finesse them. I looked at the stats of the Rice/Yoakum game. Yoakum only had 25 yds rushing, but scored 3 times in the 4th qtr throwing the ball. Bellville will definately have to throw the ball, but hopefully they can run some plays to offset the Rice pass rush. I look for some screens, draws, misdirection or reverses.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I have been out of touch here for a few days. 22, so sorry you've been sick, I hope you feel better. Your prediction brought tears to my eyes (this will surprise none of the Brahma fans, who know I cry easily). I am with you and Bull's Eye, no rational thinking person would put money on the Bulls in this game, but I love the way these guys have not let predictions, size, inexperience get in their way. They have the heart and determination to do it; if desire can get the job done, they will win by a hundred points. No doubt Rice is talented, big, and we are overmatched. But this is a team that has surprised us all. Tomorrow may be one last surprise. To the seniors on the team, you have done an admirable job of leading by example and I am very proud. To the younger players, you have matured just as admirably. To the coaches, you have beenn patient and done well. To the fans, thanks for hanging in there. To the parents of the players, thank you for sharing your boys with us. In a small town, we grow to love them, almost as much as you do, which is a gift only small towns can give to our young people. In this last regular season game, we are all behind our Brahmas and we love them, win or lose. Now, go out there Brahmas and give it 110%! GO BULLS!

Specklebelly
11-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Its interesting to read all of the Bellville posters making us out to be the big, bad Raiders and they are the overachieving, undermanned and undersized underdog. Fact is that going into this season, the expectations for the Raiders in 2004 were lower than the Brahmas. Banner Press had them 4th, Dave Campbell 4th, and nearly everyone who offered a prediction on this board had Rice 4th in 20-AAA. The Raiders however have persevered, overachieved, and put themselves in a position for their 1st ever outright district championship. They have taken that 4th place district finish that nearly everyone predicted, used it as motivation, and whipped nearly every team they have played by playing solid defense and smash mouth offense. In a year that really had a lot of uncertainty and doubt, this team and coaching staff deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done.

There's really no need in getting too elaborate with a preview of this game. Rice is going to try to run it down Bellville's throat. Surprise Surprise. Bellville has not shown much success stopping the run so I don't expect the Raiders to try to get too cute on offense. Defensively, Bellville is going to be forced to test the very young Raider secondary. They are going to have to step up and play big Friday. I feel our secondary will have a few slip ups but hold enough to get a win in a game similar to last year. Bellville is going to be game but Ill predict a 42-38 Raiders win.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Specklebelly, there was no intention to be disrespectful to the Raiders in any way. Quite the opposite, we respect what they have accomplished this season. This has been a tough match for the past few years, Rice players and coaches are to be commended. You have every right to be proud of this team. Many games I have cheered the Raiders on from this Board and CheerMom has been there for the Brahmas. It's a mutual respect kind of Mom-thing, I'm sure, but most weeks I hope y'all win. This week, I am cheering for the Bulls, who have overachieved like the Raiders this year. Should be a tremendous game, whatever the outcome. I pray we all win with no injuries. Go Brahmas!

Specklebelly
11-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Oh dont worry because I in no way took it as disrespectful. I just find it ironic that a team that has beaten us who knows how many times in a row, outnumbers our student body by over 200, and was predicted to finish ahead of us is now playing the underdog roll. I just find it fascinating our team has played well enough to have achieved the roll as a favorite in this game.

CheerMom
11-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Specklebelly, there was no intention to be disrespectful to the Raiders in any way. Quite the opposite, we respect what they have accomplished this season. This has been a tough match for the past few years, Rice players and coaches are to be commended. You have every right to be proud of this team. Many games I have cheered the Raiders on from this Board and CheerMom has been there for the Brahmas. It's a mutual respect kind of Mom-thing, I'm sure, but most weeks I hope y'all win. This week, I am cheering for the Bulls, who have overachieved like the Raiders this year. Should be a tremendous game, whatever the outcome. I pray we all win with no injuries. Go Brahmas!

Well said!!! May both teams play a safe,and injury free game,and make some big noise in the playoffs!!!

2little2no
11-04-2004, 09:39 PM
HEY BRAHAMAMOM AND SPECKLEDBELLY THE RAIDERS WILL WIN. GO BIG BLUE, RAIDERS ALL THE WAY. :rolleyes:

raider_player
11-04-2004, 09:53 PM
I AM TIRED OF HEARING ALL OF THESE PREDICTION I SAY EVERYBODY COME OUT TO THE "SWAMP" AND COME WATCH THE GAME BECAUSE RICE WILL WIN REAL BIG. RICE 5-0 DISTRICT CHAMPS

Raider Nurse
11-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Well said!!! Go,Go,Go,Go Rice!!!!! LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!:clap:

JettJenkins04
11-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Go Raiders

Bellville22
11-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
Its interesting to read all of the Bellville posters making us out to be the big, bad Raiders and they are the overachieving, undermanned and undersized underdog. Fact is that going into this season, the expectations for the Raiders in 2004 were lower than the Brahmas. Banner Press had them 4th, Dave Campbell 4th, and nearly everyone who offered a prediction on this board had Rice 4th in 20-AAA. The Raiders however have persevered, overachieved, and put themselves in a position for their 1st ever outright district championship. They have taken that 4th place district finish that nearly everyone predicted, used it as motivation, and whipped nearly every team they have played by playing solid defense and smash mouth offense. In a year that really had a lot of uncertainty and doubt, this team and coaching staff deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done.

'Specklebelly': Please see "Bellville22's D20 Preview/Prediction". You'll notice that I had my Brahmas picked to finish 4th in the district. I had Navasota at the top, but I think I also mentioned Rice could matchup very well with them, and could take the district. Those pre-season polls and picks that you mentioned are hard to buy into, because so much emphasis is placed on previous years and reputation. My predictions have been much closer that most of those state polls/magazines for the most part. Not trying to brag, just saying that often someone who focuses on one district, or a few teams can give a better insight as to how things will play out. And many around here expected things to turnout similar to the way they are.

And in reality, Bellville is the huge underdog tomorrow. And while I don't like it, they are inexperienced, undersized, and frankly may be out-manned tomorrow, that's not a ploy to draw attention to our team by Bellville fans, that's just the flat out truth. Furthermore, Rice is big and they are bad. That's something to be proud of. Bellville had that kind of respect the past two years, and it's a great feeling. Enjoy it, and do some damage in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Rice team for putting together such a fine season. They've established themselves as a top program in 3A. We in Bellville are just proud of our boys because before this year, it didn't look like too bright of a season ahead. I'm looking forward to a great game tomorrow night, I'm certain both of these teams have great respect for the other, as they should. It's not locked up, but I expect both to get into the playoffs, and I hope both do very well.

CheerMom
11-04-2004, 11:35 PM
I'll second that, 22. We are very proud of our team, as much as, you should be of yours. We both started out this season,as teams that people felt had little or no potential. But, they proved everyone wrong. Even, Specklebelly started out saying the Raiders had big problems that the fans didn't want to see. But, it takes fans like us to stand behind our boys and be proud of them whether they end up first in district or dead last. I applaud you for all of your fine posts. You always have a honest opinion and are never biased in your remarks. It is posters, like yourself, that make this board enjoyable to read. Keep up the good work!! I look forward to reading more of your posts into the playoffs!!

But, I'm still hoping "your gut" is wrong about tomorrow night!!!
:D Good Luck and play safe!!

BrahmaMom
11-04-2004, 11:48 PM
22, your education dollars have been well-spent. You do an outstanding job of objectively analyzing the district match-ups. It's fans like you and KL3, former players who support their school every year, that make Brahma ball so wonderful! Specklebelly sounds like he may be similar, if not now, then in a few years. CheerMom, as always, thanks for your kind words. Best of luck as the Raiders take on the Bulls at the Swamp. It will be fun for everyone. I will be on my way to a different Rice game to see two former Brahmas and a Sealy Tiger take on Fresno State. Wish us luck (we could sure use it)! Go Brahmas! But most of all, everyone be careful!

CheerMom
11-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Good Luck and travel safely!!!

Bellville22
11-05-2004, 12:01 AM
'CheerMom', I probably won't make it to the Rice side tomorrow night, but if you happen to see me before or after the game, hollar at me, I'd love to meet you.

I'll have on a maroon A&M jacket, and a blue Boston Red Sox hat. I'm a tall, white guy, and very good looking:D (ok, not really) I'll be one of the first people there, and one of the last to leave, so if you come across me, give me a shout, that goes for all the other Rice posters as well.

BrahmaMom
11-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Thanks, CheerMom. 22, do you still have the same cell phone #? I may have to call for the score since I'll be in Houston. Yell loud and jump and down, so the team will think I'm there! And CheerMom, do go look for 22, he's a son any mother would be proud of! Good looking, kind, thoughtful, smart, and a sports fan--what else could you ask for??

CheerMom
11-05-2004, 12:13 AM
22, I'll look for you. I usually get there for pregame. I always like to check out the competition ahead of time!!! :D

CheerMom
11-05-2004, 09:35 AM
We are ready for tonight!!!

swampkitten
11-05-2004, 10:14 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Have a safe game" Joe Willy". Love Ya !!!! Go Raiders !!!!!!

KL3
11-05-2004, 11:09 AM
After thinking the Brahmas would pull the upset since this past weekend, I have had a sudden change of heart. I think the Bulls keep it close all the way to the end, but the Raiders pull it out for the victory. I just think that the Rice running game and the home field advantage will be too much for the young Bellville team.

I agree with Bulls-eye, that if Bellville wins this game, it will be because of their offense and QB Ryan Pope having his best game of the season. I think Bellville needs to come out establishing the PASS early, thus setting up the running game. If the OL gives him enough time, Pope is certainly capable of making the throws.

Like Bulls-eye said as well, Bellville HAS to try and contain Rice's 1st down plays as much as possible. These are most likely going to be running downs almost every single time for Rice, and Bellville has to get them in 2nd and 3rd and longs. If Bellville allows Rice to get 6-7 yards on 1st down every time running the ball, Rice will march up and down the field, and it will be a long night for the Brahmas.

On an individual note, Emmanuel Sanders will have his usual great game, but I look for this to be the coming out party for Soph. WR Brandon Harris of Bellville. He has really started to come on lately and with the ball in his hands has just as good or even better moves than Sanders. He and Rice's Soph. Brian Williams are two very talented players to watch these next couple years.

To sum this all up, I think a very focused Bellville team plays their best game of the season, but still comes up short in a great game.

Rice 38
Bellville 34

CheerMom
11-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
Oh dont worry because I in no way took it as disrespectful. I just find it ironic that a team that has beaten us who knows how many times in a row, outnumbers our student body by over 200, and was predicted to finish ahead of us is now playing the underdog roll. I just find it fascinating our team has played well enough to have achieved the roll as a favorite in this game.

This team may not have the talent of last year's team, but I don't find it "fascinating" that they have achieved what they have. This team has the two ingredients that make a champion.....................
HEART and DETERMINATION!!! This team, to me, also seems to be more focused and disciplined, than the teams of past. I give that credit to Dumont and his crew. These coaches, and most of all these young men, deserve all the credit and praise they receive!!
Job well done!! You have all made us very proud!!

rhs78
11-05-2004, 01:35 PM
good take on the game KL3but i think your wrong on bellville scoring 34 points,raider defense is much better than you think,and pass defense has improved greatly since 4th quarter of yoakum game. rice can shut both run and pass down.

Specklebelly
11-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
This team may not have the talent of last year's team, but I don't find it "fascinating" that they have achieved what they have. This team has the two ingredients that make a champion.....................
HEART and DETERMINATION!!! This team, to me, also seems to be more focused and disciplined, than the teams of past. I give that credit to Dumont and his crew. These coaches, and most of all these young men, deserve all the credit and praise they receive!!
Job well done!! You have all made us very proud!!

Please read my post again. I say, "I just find it fascinating our team has played well enough to have achieved the roll as a favorite in this game." Facinating we have played well enough to be favored over Bellville. I did not say its facinating they have achieved what they have this year. I had this team in the playoffs since the get go, unlike many "experts".

Regardless of what you may think, it is fascinating we are picked over Bellville. Do you have any clue how long it has been since we beat Bellville? Im not exactly sure but I think the answer is NEVER. There may be some victory in the 70's Im missing. That said, I think we win tonight. I stated that in my earlier post on this thread. Good luck boys!

swampkitten
11-05-2004, 03:08 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Okay Rice fans, lets go out there tonight and make some noice!!!!! The Raiders are all pumped up and ready to go, lets get out there and win this game !!!!! Go Rice Raiders !!!!! You can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-05-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm ready for a great game! Good luck to both teams! I'll be following both teams in their play-off quest. Go Bulls!:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

11TARPON
11-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Rice should come out on top. What's the history with the "Swamp". Is the Swamp in Bellville or Rice. Is that your stadium's nickname?

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-05-2004, 05:31 PM
"The Swamp" is Rice's field. It gets its name from the location of Rice. Kind of out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a bunch of trees and can be a big wetland sometimes. This is just what I think, but I am pretty sure some part of it is correct.

Bellville22
11-05-2004, 05:32 PM
For those who haven't heard, due to the trajedy in Rice, this game has been moved to 2pm tomorrow @ Rice.

11TARPON
11-05-2004, 05:40 PM
If it's true its probably for the best. Those students that died were probably close to many of the players or coaches.

Bellville22
11-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Bellville clinched a playoff spot with the Navasota win tonight.

Bellville and Rice will represent DII, with the winner of tomorrow's game being the top seed and the district champ.

I could be wrong, but I think the winner of the game plays Rockdale, and the loser plays Cameron. Is that correct?

msgp
11-06-2004, 12:21 AM
I think you're right about Rockdale playing the winner.

CheerMom
11-06-2004, 12:37 AM
I heard that if Bellville beat Rice it would have to be by 9 points or more for Rice to play Cameron. Otherwise, it would be Rockdale. I don't know if this is correct or not. Heard it on the radio during the Columbus game.

Bull's-eye
11-06-2004, 01:18 AM
I heard that Bellville would have to win by 11 or more points. Rice has the maxium +17 positive pts with their win over Navasota. Bellville has a -3 with their 3 point loss to Navasota. If Bellville won by 11, their positive points would be +8 and Rice would have a +6.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2004, 11:59 AM
I predict Rice will have a big day running the ball, but Bellville will be just as good passing, Bellvilles special teams will make the differance. Bellville 30 Rice 24. Good luck to both teams in the play-offs!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey Bull's Eye, I was listening to, the Navasota radio station last night, and with Navasota winning, if Bellville were to beat Rice it would be head to head. Bellville with a win would play Rockdale, Bellville would be the #1 seed. Thats what the Navasota station said.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2004, 08:42 PM
How are the Rice players, that were hurt in the game, the receiver, in the 1st q. and Huffman, he went out early in the 2nd half? Good luck vs Cameron!

msgp
11-06-2004, 10:25 PM
#8 is fine. Got his bell rung big time but is OK. Don't know the status of Huffman's knee. Our QB has had shoulder problems throughout the season and it was bothering him today but that is nothing new.