PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee vs. Jasper

lilt1506
10-30-2004, 10:10 PM
how do you think that it will end and why do you think that it will end that way

lilt1506
10-31-2004, 11:09 AM
no one can answer the question

lilt1506
10-31-2004, 02:27 PM
say why you voted for Silsbee or Jasper

j_dog
10-31-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by lilt1506
say why you voted for Silsbee or Jasper
Jasper is MY team and I support them even in hard times like these! :)

98Eagle
10-31-2004, 03:35 PM
Jasper is my step-team so I will cast my vote for them.

lilt1506
10-31-2004, 10:01 PM
are there any predictions for the game

Hupernikomen
10-31-2004, 10:35 PM
that there won't be anywhere to sit down if you don't get there an hour before the game and no one will be sitting down anyway so don't bring your seat cushions.

lilt1506
10-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
that there won't be anywhere to sit down if you don't get there an hour before the game and no one will be sitting down anyway so don't bring your seat cushions.
its going to be to good of a game to sit down

I think it will be Silsbee by 3 points

kepdawg
11-01-2004, 01:14 AM
TexasFootballRatings.com has Jasper as an early 2 point favorite.

j_dog
11-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
TexasFootballRatings.com has Jasper as an early 2 point favorite.
Darn, and I picked Jasper to win by only one! :( But I would still be delighted to win by one, but hoping for more! :)

Birdman
11-01-2004, 01:19 AM
This is going to be a war. Having seen both teams (against my team, Bridge City), I am going out on a limb and going with Silsbee. I think Jasper has more weapons, yet more ways to beat themselves. Silsbee believes they can win. Whoever gets either one of these teams in the playoffs better bring their lunch......and supper!:D

X Man
11-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Jasper will win this one hands down.

Wildcat81
11-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Silsbee is a tough and fast team!Jasper is going to have to play aggressive.

Old Cardinal
11-01-2004, 07:05 AM
This may well be one of the best games in Texas this year! I have seen them both play a common opponent this year in Bridge City and for me it's nearly a tossup. In fact, I will predict a mild upset and say Silsbee has the passing game to win it. Jasper does not pay attention to the number of infractions that they mount up and I definately think that Silsbee has better offensive coaching. At least they don't wave their arms till they get too-much-time-penalties-- LOL
Jasper has the capability and can probably win Division II in state. Silsbee will meet WO-S and that winner will most probably win Division I State.

southern_thunder
11-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
This may well be one of the best games in Texas this year! I have seen them both play a common opponent this year in Bridge City and for me it's nearly a tossup. In fact, I will predict a mild upset and say Silsbee has the passing game to win it. Jasper does not pay attention to the number of infractions that they mount up and I definately think that Silsbee has better offensive coaching. At least they don't wave their arms till they get too-much-time-penalties-- LOL
Jasper has the capability and can probably win Division II in state. Silsbee will meet WO-S and that winner will most probably win Division I State.

Old Card your hatred for Jasper runs deep doesnt it?

spiveyrat
11-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Old Card your hatred for Jasper runs deep doesnt it?

Thunder, I don't think OC harbors any hatred for Jasper. I've seen him to be a supporter year after year... except, of course, when they play BC. I think this is just his honest synopsis. You have to remember that when OC saw both of these teams play, it was still early in the season and the early mistakes were still rearing their ugly head. Jasper is a much different team now. I don't think the penalties and fumbles are as big a problem as they were back then. And our passing game appears to be taking off!!! :)

southern_thunder
11-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Well our opnions of him differ he puts down Jasper every chance he gets and I will cut him no slack!!:D

sphinx-1906
11-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Jasper by 13. I don't know why I just believe they can do it.

Reveille
11-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Thunder, I don't think OC harbors any hatred for Jasper. I've seen him to be a supporter year after year... except, of course, when they play BC. I think this is just his honest synopsis. You have to remember that when OC saw both of these teams play, it was still early in the season and the early mistakes were still rearing their ugly head. Jasper is a much different team now. I don't think the penalties and fumbles are as big a problem as they were back then. And our passing game appears to be taking off!!! :)

Thunder, I have to agree with Spiveyrat on this one. Over the the time I have been on this board, OC has shown support toward Jasper. Granted, he has been critical at times, but I don't think he has been overly critical.

j_dog
11-01-2004, 12:13 PM
..... Jasper does not pay attention to the number of infractions that they mount up and I definately think that Silsbee has better offensive coaching. At least they don't wave their arms till they get too-much-time-penalties-- LOL
Old Card, Jasper can handle the arm waving and 5 yard time penalties because they probably will make 20 or 30 yards on the next play. :D It is the fumbles that have killed Jasper and I am happy to say that I did not see that to be much of a problem in the last two games.

I agree, OC has been very supportive of the Jasper team in the past and I don't think he hates on us. I think he just calls it like he sees it, and sometimes he doesn't agree with us. That is OK, I don't agree with him all the time either! :D

southern_thunder
11-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Old Card has said some good things in the past but he also takes jabs at Jasper every chance he gets too. Like the comment about how Jasper doesnt care how many infractions they mount up or the arm waving thing. He will never pass up that opportunity and I will never pass up an opportunty to jab at him either.

Bulldog_12
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Im going to take jasper by 16 just because I would like to see them take the first seed.:D

Old Cardinal
11-01-2004, 05:57 PM
I have nothing against Jasper. In fact , I follow them when they make the playoffs. Many of my Golden Triangle friends move to the lake area and it's a chance to get together and watch good playoff football. I assure you that when you get my age you too might be more apt to state both positive and negative things about my team or your team.
For a while I liked to have driven ole RBARKER nuts over at Barbers Hill. I would both express my thoughts on strong points and also weak points of his Eagle's program.
Make the playoffs and I will try to follow you to state! I think the most dominating game that I have ever seen was up at Jasper against Mexia that first year in 3A.
This board has a lot of folks that go bazookas when you critize an apparent or preceived weakness, even though you have said many complimentary statements about their team at other times.

I agree on the fumble issue also. Infractions and fumbles are no biggey when your skill level can get you 20 yards on a weak team. It's the playoff caliber team that can rub your nose in it on these seemingly minor issues. I think that Jasper has had a tendency to lose in the playoffs because they were able to get easy yardage against lesser skilled opponents and that just may have been their achilles heel as to why they have never made the final playoff game even though they are a very large and proud program. Some of these teams from here on out with make you pay big-time if you fumble or lose your discipline!

Tiger90
11-01-2004, 06:56 PM
First lemme say, nice board.:thumbsup: I have been awaiting activation since Friday.

This week's game will be quite interesting. Jasper has been a thorn in Silsbee's side for years and always seems to pull it out. I hope last week's emotional game with K'ville doesn't leave the Tigers flat this week. The Tigers really have a tough time handling spread offenses. I believe the game comes down to the lines. Can Silsbee get enough rush to disrupt the Bulldog timing and can Jasper's def handle the size and speed of the veer? The one asset that will be hard for Jasper to handle is Desmond Doss. Do you commit to stoping the option or double up Doss? When he is on he is on. Nearly everything thrown to him is caught. Anyways it should be a good game. I hope to see WOS in 3 weeks. It is always fun to play those guys and watch Hooks squeal.

BuckW
11-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Silsbee by 2 tds
they will control the line on scrimage

j_dog
11-01-2004, 07:29 PM
I agree on the fumble issue also. Infractions and fumbles are no biggey when your skill level can get you 20 yards on a weak team. It's the playoff caliber team that can rub your nose in it on these seemingly minor issues. I think that Jasper has had a tendency to lose in the playoffs because they were able to get easy yardage against lesser skilled opponents and that just may have been their achilles heel as to why they have never made the final playoff game ......

LOL. That is funny OC. Are you saying WOS was a weak opponent? Jasper did all those very things, had 12 fumbles and still gained something like 448 total yards, and managed to hold on for the win. Yes you might say they made gaining the 10, 15 and 20 yards a pop look easy. And that was before they had their passing game in gear like they do now. Jasper did not build their almost 400 yards a game average playing "lesser skilled opponents". They did it against WOS, PNG, Central (ok, doubtful, but still 4a and a playoff team last year), Newton and Bridge City. This is one of those times I do not agree with you Old Card. :)

WOS1
11-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
First lemme say, nice board.:thumbsup: I have been awaiting activation since Friday.

This week's game will be quite interesting. Jasper has been a thorn in Silsbee's side for years and always seems to pull it out. I hope last week's emotional game with K'ville doesn't leave the Tigers flat this week. The Tigers really have a tough time handling spread offenses. I believe the game comes down to the lines. Can Silsbee get enough rush to disrupt the Bulldog timing and can Jasper's def handle the size and speed of the veer? The one asset that will be hard for Jasper to handle is Desmond Doss. Do you commit to stoping the option or double up Doss? When he is on he is on. Nearly everything thrown to him is caught. Anyways it should be a good game. I hope to see WOS in 3 weeks. It is always fun to play those guys and watch Hooks squeal.

You think Silsbee has got what it takes to make him squeal???

Goldenstick
11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
This is a tough game to call!! Silsbee has been playing very good the past few weeks. Jasper hasn't really been firing on all cylinders as of late. Nevertheless, I still think Jasper has better talent and plays well in big games. I'm gonna take Jasper in a squeaker

j_dog
11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
You think Silsbee has got what it takes to make him squeal???
That is a good question. :D

Tiger90
11-01-2004, 07:45 PM
The last couple of times we met in the playoffs Hooks got a little animated.:D I am not saying Silsbee is going to do anything against WOS this year, but you have to admit the past couple of times in the playoffs have made for some good games. That game a few years back when Silsbee downed WOS something like 20-21 was entertaining to watch Hooks. He can get a lil upset. Now in district that is another story.:(

lilt1506
11-01-2004, 08:08 PM
how is Jaspers punter
I want to see what #3 on Silsbee can do when he has running room

JHS_c/o_06'
11-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Jasper hasn't really been firing on all cylinders as of late. Nevertheless, I still think Jasper has better talent and plays well in big games. I'm gonna take Jasper in a squeaker

I thank you for your faith in us, but as for the other statement...you didnt see/hear about the Shepherd game did you. I still dont know our passing stats yet, but we scored 34 points on a team that only allowed an average of about 12 points per game. Thats not too bad...and plus....we've stepped it up a notch or two for every game....we'll be ready. And thank you for your support.

lilt1506
11-01-2004, 08:37 PM

thats hard to choose from double Doss or watch for the option i'm glad I dont have to choose and there are other WR to watch out for to

whatusay2
11-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
This is a tough game to call!! Silsbee has been playing very good the past few weeks. Jasper hasn't really been firing on all cylinders as of late. Nevertheless, I still think Jasper has better talent and plays well in big games. I'm gonna take Jasper in a squeaker

In my opinion, we still haven't put together a "complete" game. We've had flashes of brilliance, but nothing near what we are capable of...here's hoping that we put all the pieces together this Friday...it's going to be tough...who ever wins will have a lot of momentum going into the playoffs...who ever loses is going to have to get over it quickly...this is the stuff rivalries are made of...Go Dogs!!!!!!!!

tiger faithful
11-01-2004, 09:27 PM
slisbee still hasnt played up to their potential either last week the o-line had one of their worst games of the year and we still had one back go for over 200 yards and another go for 150 so it is going to be a great game

BALLER69
11-01-2004, 09:28 PM

lilt1506
11-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by tiger faithful
slisbee still hasnt played up to their potential either last week the o-line had one of their worst games of the year and we still had one back go for over 200 yards and another go for 150 so it is going to be a great game
there not near there best but I think they will against Jasper on Friday

Hupernikomen
11-01-2004, 10:36 PM
With the Weatherspoon back Jasper run defense looked very solid last week. Shepherd had a nice running back that made some good runs, might of had 50 yards on the night. Coldspring didn't get a first down until the 4th quarter...the heart of our defense against the might of the Tiger offense either something has to give or it will be a nail-biter...of course Jasper has a few weapons that Silsbee might have a challenge to stop as well.

Still hurts us not to have Patton but I think it can only make us better going into the playoffs to continue to develop more weapons.

BuckW
11-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Silsbee seemed to have an explosive running game agaisnt K-ville last week. Coming out with about 400 or so rushing yards. What do yall think about jasper d-line/linebackers. Think they can stop the run?

Bulldog_12
11-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Oh yeah, with everyone healthy in the box, they are a definate force to be reckoned with.

tigerettedad
11-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Oh yeah, with everyone healthy in the box, they are a definate force to be reckoned with. HOW MANY PLAYERS DOES JASPER STILL HAVE OUT???FROM GRADES OR HURT OR WHATEVER???

tigerettedad
11-01-2004, 11:31 PM
I HAVE BEEN TO EVERY GAME ( HOME AND AWAY GAMES) THAT SILSBEE HAS PLAYED THIS YEAR AND FRIDAY AGAINST KIRBYVILLE WAS THE BEST I'VE SEEN OUR D-FENCE PLAY!!!!IF THEY PLAY LIKE THAT AGAINST JASPER I THINK THE BLOW THE DOOR OFF THE DOG POUND!!!!SHOULD BE A HELL OF A GAME!!! ALL WAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!

Old Cardinal
11-01-2004, 11:52 PM
To J_Dog, I certainly have no problem with you not agreeing with my opinions. What I am talking about spans your teams whole tenure in 3A. Burnet was within reach at one point and a couple of delay of games and fumbles let them win the ball games both years that you played them. Jasper is a big play team and that is their strong suite. If they can eliminate the pentalties and fumbles the skill level on offense will give them a shot at the crown. I saw the WO-S game and it was a typical first game of the season with both teams making mistakes that neither would make nearing the post season. By the way you did play some weaker teams that can give you a false sense of easy recovery when you can take infractions in stride and still get easy first downs. Like I said, I think from here on out you have to have a cut better discipline or one of these teams will eliminate you. If you disagree that is perfectly fine with me.

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Jasper will take this one. I think they are going to show Silsbee something they havent seen yet.......a loss.:D

lilt1506
11-02-2004, 12:26 AM
and if they dont will you admit Silsbee is a good team

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Yup, ill be here just like I was after the Kirbyville game.

lilt1506
11-02-2004, 12:28 AM
but will you say Silsbee was the better team or it was a fluk

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Answered that on the other one.

j_dog
11-02-2004, 12:42 AM
OC, thank you for your response. Now I see where you are coming from I think. Regarding the first Burnet game, my take is that the defense lost that game, not the offense. Waving hands to the offense had nothing to do with Burnet scoring 47 points. Jasper scored enough points to win most games so I really don't see your point there. As for last year, my feeling is that key injuries to offensive players did them in. To start with, big RB Cook was out for the whole game and he would have been key to the ball control they set out to run. Even without him, Jasper still took and maintained the lead through the 3rd quarter and until QB Moye suffered an injury that knocked him out of the game. From that point on, the momentum shifted. For sure, Jasper lost the game but I think losing Moye had a lot more to do with it than waving of hands. As far as the "weak" teams Jasper played I only know of two teams that could fairly be considered weak unless you are considering BC in that list. :) That is just my take.

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Hey j, Moye wasn't the QB last year, it was Patton. He played the whole game too. And really it was a bad call that brought back a 50 yard run that shifted the momentum. That hurt us really bad. But, thats the past. Looking forward to this weekend and playoffs. Hope the Dawgs play somewhere close to me.

Hupernikomen
11-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by lilt1506
but will you say Silsbee was the better team or it was a fluk

layoff already. of course if silsbee wins they are the better team. what happened with kirbyville happened. the vast majority of all posters gave kirbyville all the credit in the world for beating us. we don't have to apologize for having some people banged up..people asked why it might have happened that we lost to them and some people listed some possible causes. bottom line is the whooped our butts. you ask people who have seen both kirbyville and jasper play and they will tell you it "wasn't suppose to happen" but that is why we play the game. come friday night both teams will bring all they have and I suspect the best team will win. good enough?

j_dog
11-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Hey j, Moye wasn't the QB last year, it was Patton. He played the whole game too. And really it was a bad call that brought back a 50 yard run that shifted the momentum. That hurt us really bad. But, thats the past. Looking forward to this weekend and playoffs. Hope the Dawgs play somewhere close to me.
I guess I listened to the wrong game then! I remember Patton being shifted to running back, with Gilder also at RB in the first half and Moye at QB. :confused: They say the memory is the first thing to go! :D

Port_town_texas
11-02-2004, 11:44 AM
layoff already. of course if silsbee wins they are the better team. what happened with kirbyville happened. the vast majority of all posters gave kirbyville all the credit in the world for beating us. we don't have to apologize for having some people banged up..people asked why it might have happened that we lost to them and some people listed some possible causes. bottom line is the whooped our butts. you ask people who have seen both kirbyville and jasper play and they will tell you it "wasn't suppose to happen" but that is why we play the game. come friday night both teams will bring all they have and I suspect the best team will win. good enough?

Wasn't suppose to happen????:confused:

SHS
11-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Silsbee knows what it takes to win, tigers by 14

Wildcat81
11-02-2004, 07:53 PM
well i don't know who's going to win. i betcha one thing it's going to be a good game.

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Jasper also know what it takes to win. i think they are complete now that their pass game is going and will take this one to end district.

lilt1506
11-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Silsbee has had a good all around offence and defence this season Fridays game will be close but I give it to Silsbee by 7 points

tigerettedad
11-02-2004, 09:30 PM
layoff already. of course if silsbee wins they are the better team. what happened with kirbyville happened. the vast majority of all posters gave kirbyville all the credit in the world for beating us. we don't have to apologize for having some people banged up..people asked why it might have happened that we lost to them and some people listed some possible causes. bottom line is the whooped our butts. you ask people who have seen both kirbyville and jasper play and they will tell you it "wasn't suppose to happen" but that is why we play the game. come friday night both teams will bring all they have and I suspect the best team will win. good enough? I COULD'NT HAVE ANSWERED THAT ANY BETTER!!!!!THESE TWO TEAMS WILL PLAY THERE HEARTS OUT THATS A FACT WHEN I PLAYED IN 87,88,89, THAT WAS THE GAME TO BE AT AND IN 04ITS STILL THAT WAY SHOULD BE A SHOW DOWN !!!!I SAY THE WINNER SHOULD GET ALL THE GLORY THE DESERVE!!!

Tiger90
11-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Some of you guys are getting way too confident. As the old saying goes, "pride before the fall". Whereas I support Silsbee I will not start throwing predictions around. Jasper has had our number too many years now.

tigerettedad
11-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Some of you guys are getting way too confident. As the old saying goes, "pride before the fall". Whereas I support Silsbee I will not start throwing predictions around. Jasper has had our number too many years now. THAT IS VERY TRUE,BUT FOR SOME REASON I GOT A FEELING WE WILL WIN.TRACY HOWARD WILL HAVE THE D-FENSE SO FIRED UP AND Q- PORTER WILL HAVE THE O-FENCE CLICKING!!!NO ONE SAID IT WOULD BE A BLOW-OUT!!!!!

Port_town_texas
11-03-2004, 12:54 AM
Silsbee will not win this game . period. get ready to share the title with Jasper and K'Ville.:)

jet sweep
11-03-2004, 03:27 PM
i just don't see jasper stopping silsbee's strong veer attack....they are loaded on offense and seem to be getting better and better on defense.......just seems as if silsbee is getting better and better each week and jasper is not improving

Hupernikomen
11-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by jet sweep
i just don't see jasper stopping silsbee's strong veer attack....they are loaded on offense and seem to be getting better and better on defense.......just seems as if silsbee is getting better and better each week and jasper is not improving

Jasper is not improving?? They have given up about 2 first downs in the first half in their last two disctrict games combined...
They have stopped the run all year long and that won't change friday night. kirbyville was a bad game granted but other than that the defense has been very salty. however, I haven't seen Jasper against an option package thus far so who knows what might happen.

Bulldog_12
11-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Im agreeing with you Huper. Jasper has improved greatly from the beginning of the year and continue to do so. Not only is the defense now at full strength and everyone healthy, but the offense gets better every weekend. Example: Jasper's passing game was almost non-existant two weeks ago. How is it now? Against Coldspring the tested the water by completing 18 passes for big gains. Last week against Shepard I believe they threw probably 20-30 times and scored a couple touchdowns with it. Fact of the matter is, Jasper is getting better and better. They aren't going to take this week off and let Silsbee be the D-Champ all alone. I expect a good game with the STILL improving Jasper Bulldogs on top.

Comeaux
11-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Silsbee will beat Jasper if they can bring the officials that they had against Kirbyville last Friday night.

I just got to see the tape - it unbelievable!

It should be shown at every officals meeting in Texas.

lilt1506
11-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Comeaux
Silsbee will beat Jasper if they can bring the officials that they had against Kirbyville last Friday night.

what were some of the bad calls made

SHS
11-03-2004, 09:12 PM

Get over it guy

Tiger90
11-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Bad refs huh? You're darn right they were bad. But saying that they were bad for both sides. I can give 2 examples of bad calls and they were 2 Silsbee tds. What were the supposed K'ville bads calls? If you are implying that you guys were the only ones who were screwed over by the refs then you are merely a poor loser looking for an excuse as to why your team lost to the better squad. Be proud you are in the playoffs and do not dwell in the past. The Silsbee game will not advance you in the playoffs.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-03-2004, 10:41 PM

That has to be one of the most uninformed posts i've seen since i started posting/following this board two years ago.

As for stopping the run, we managed to do a pretty good job against WOS and PNG on the Run. When you compare strenght of schedual between Jasper and Silsbee....Jasper wins by a landslide due two our first 2 games alone not to mention Newton and

As for points being scored against the two defenses, i cant say with 100% accuracy, but from looking at the scores of Silsbee, for teh most part except for about 2, all of silsbees games were fairly close. In Jaspers game, 75-80% of all points scored against us were in the 4th quarter when we had our 2nd and third string in.

So...you wanna bring up Kirbyville game do you....it would be sweet to drop the bomb(truth) on that game, but if it does, it's not gonna come from me, cause im not gonna take the risk of getting in trouble for saying it.

People have said that Jasper is a "big play" team, well, there is some truth to that. But demonstrated at the Burnet game last year (oh...but...JHS...that was last year)...and more recently against WOS. We can control the ball (lol..when we can hold on to it...but we have that under control now) and move the chains and run the clock.

As for the improving part......umm.....our "air game" is magical...lol...to put it bluntly....Gilder is an amazing WR....he IS spiderman...he can catch balls that by the laws of nature have no right being caught. Moye has an unbelievable and not 100% developed arm. We HAVE improved 5x over the last two games. (OH....but JHS....you played Coldspring....they arent a very good team) Well....for those who say that....we also played Shepherd...who had the second best defense in the district....we put more points on the board against them than most of their opponents combined....well....maybe 3....not most.

Some of these things i may be off base on, i dont go to the Silsbee games. All i can do is look at the stats and scores. But thats my Analysis of the game at hand, all things considered, i say Jasper has this by 3 td's. That is my prediction. I await and gladly accept anyones rebuttal.

So good luck, God bless, God watch over all the players tomorrow night and friday night.

j_dog
11-03-2004, 11:12 PM
...........and jasper is not improving
It is good that you believe that. Just keep on believing it! :D Silsbee may win Friday night, ............. but you will know that you have been in a ball game! :)

j_dog
11-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
....we also played Shepherd...who had the second best defense in the district....we put more points on the board against them than most of their opponents combined....well....maybe 3....not most.
Shepherd opponents of interest: Silsbee scored 18 points, Kirbyville scored 14, total of 32 points for those two opponents. Jasper scored 34 points on Shepherd before putting in the reserves last Friday. That won't count for anything Friday night, but I think it does show that Jasper played a quality opponent in Shepherd. As one of the Silsbee fans kept pointing out to us, Shepherd has a very good team. And he is right! :)

Hupernikomen
11-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Gave up 101 yds rushing to WO-S and PNG gained 197 on 44 carries best team we played IMO.

Central 0 TDS 65 yds rushing 14 yds passing
Newton 1 TD 142 yds rushing 15 passing
BC 1 TD no stats but is was pretty tough night for the cards
Buna 1 TD (int. return) no stats it was ugly for the cougs
Kirbyville 6TD (1 KO, 1 fumble) 196 rushing 51 passing
Coldspring 1 TD (late) no first downs till 4th quarter!
Shepherd 1 TD (late) 45 rushing 125 passing

So Jasper gives up maybe 175 yds per game total offense and Silsbee averages 350-375 offense..something gotta give.

whatusay2
11-04-2004, 12:08 AM

So good luck, God bless, God watch over all the players tomorrow night and friday night, and Thank GOD that Kerry is not our next president.

This is one of the few havens where we don't have to be concerned about politics. We don't discuss them here. (It's one of the 3ADL rules.) So, let's not get people started. Other than that, I could appreciate your post. :) Play hard on Friday!

Tiger90
11-04-2004, 12:09 AM
We can debate scores, stats, etc but it will not matter when these 2 teams face. Each team lines up differently to each opponent so it is hard to compare scores and make a valid argument. The toughest team in-game was Livingston. It was a see-saw til Silsbee took over late.

I am just glad we have a meaningful game to end the regular season. It is going to be huge. I suspect next year's will be as well. It brings back the olden days and gets our rivalry back on track after years of nonexcitement. Hopefully K'ville will continue beyond this season. It makes the season fun no doubt.

tigerettedad
11-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Shepherd opponents of interest: Silsbee scored 18 points, Kirbyville scored 14, total of 32 points for those two opponents. Jasper scored 34 points on Shepherd before putting in the reserves last Friday. That won't count for anything Friday night, but I think it does show that Jasper played a quality opponent in Shepherd. As one of the Silsbee fans kept pointing out to us, Shepherd has a very good team. And he is right! :) the silsbee v/s shepherd game was a very wet and sloppy game and the jasper v/s shepherd game was a dry one so we ain't coparing apples to apples,i think friday nights gave will be the best game of the season in the golden triangle, i think both teams ( silbee& jasper ) have alredy proven themselves no matter who wins!!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by whatusay2
This is one of the few havens where we don't have to be concerned about politics. We don't discuss them here. (It's one of the 3ADL rules.) So, let's not get people started. Other than that, I could appreciate your post. :) Play hard on Friday!

My mistake, i didn't know that it was one of the rules. I fixed it. I wondered why there were no threads on the election. Guess it makes sense now. And thanks.

j_dog
11-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by tigerettedad
the silsbee v/s shepherd game was a very wet and sloppy game and the jasper v/s shepherd game was a dry one so we ain't coparing apples to apples,i think friday nights gave will be the best game of the season in the golden triangle, i think both teams ( silbee& jasper ) have alredy proven themselves no matter who wins!!!!
I agree, the game Friday night in Jasper will be SUPER regardless who wins it. I also agree what teams did earlier is useful only for conversation. I was just responding to the assertion that Jasper has not been improving.

Of course, I was not actually on the field when Jasper and Shepherd played, but viewing from the stands I can assure you they did not play on a DRY field. It had rained that afternoon, heavily from what I could see. In fact the seats in the stands were still wet at the time the game began. For sure there were runners slipping and losing their footing out on the field. So maybe comparing the two games may not be apples and apples, but it surely is also not apples and oranges! Maybe tangerines and oranges! :) It still does not change the fact that Jasper scored almost as many points against Shepherd in two quarters (28) as Kirbyville and Silsbee were able to score against them in 8 quarters. :) And Friday night, that won't mean anything. Good luck to the Silsbee Tigers! Jasper fans are looking forward to the game! :)

lilt1506
11-04-2004, 10:35 PM
one day left

Comeaux
11-04-2004, 11:28 PM

One of the biggest laughs was the running of the clock. Silsbee has speed but a back taking the hand off and running 50+yards in 2 seconds.....come on now. The same offical made all of the calls that went against Kirbyville. Another couldn't make any calls because he was to busy saying inapporiate things to the Kirbyville players.

I was suprised to see the Silsbee coaches in the middle of the field talking smack to the Kirbyville players before the game. What class!

Not makeing excuses because I didn't have a dog in the fight but it was bad. I don't have anything to get over- I just call them the way I see them.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-04-2004, 11:29 PM
I could hear #4 from silsbee on the sidelines tonight at the JV game ( he was running the chains) and he talked alot of noise. To the players and coaches, i found it very disrespectful. We'll see if his prediction of 400+ yards will go through or not. As for the results from tonight, Jasper's Freshmen tore up Silsbee...i think it was like 46-12, and Jasper's JV got beat by about 10. Im so ready for tomorrow night, Good Luck and God keep all of us safe.

Tiger90
11-04-2004, 11:41 PM
One of the biggest laughs was the running of the clock. Silsbee has speed but a back taking the hand off and running 50+yards in 2 seconds.....come on now. The same offical made all of the calls that went against Kirbyville. Another couldn't make any calls because he was to busy saying inapporiate things to the Kirbyville players.

I was suprised to see the Silsbee coaches in the middle of the field talking smack to the Kirbyville players before the game. What class!

Not makeing excuses because I didn't have a dog in the fight but it was bad. I don't have anything to get over- I just call them the way I see them.

Curious as to what was said by the refs. Did you personally hear it? I agree they were poor but they were poor for BOTH teams. As far as the Silsbee coaches they only went to get their players to their sideline after K'ville tried to come out to the middle of the field ala' Miami Hurricanes disrespect of the past. Before you cast any stones your coach was a total idiot with is behavior in the 3rd and should be reprimanded by the UIL.

lilt1506
11-04-2004, 11:43 PM

were you on the field did you here the coachs talking smack

Comeaux
11-04-2004, 11:55 PM
I could hear #4 from silsbee on the sidelines tonight at the JV game ( he was running the chains) and he talked alot of noise. To the players and coaches, i found it very disrespectful. We'll see if his prediction of 400+ yards will go through or not. As for the results from tonight, Jasper's Freshmen tore up Silsbee...i think it was like 46-12, and Jasper's JV got beat by about 10. Im so ready for tomorrow night, Good Luck and God keep all of us safe.

I guess the Silsbee coaches could have been inviting the Kirbyville player to church on Sunday but on the tape it was very intense and lots of finger pointing going on.
Alvarez should have been flagged but the officals must have knew that they were doing a terrible job, they didn't take any actions.

Is it common in your area for the officals to be giving high fives to the players?

I didn't hear anything I was just lucky enough to get to see the tape-It was much better than "Blue Collar Comedy."

Tiger90
11-05-2004, 12:01 AM
The refs Silsbee use are from the Lufkin chapter. I know for a fact the issue of a visiting team going to the home team's 50 yard line in a disrespecting manner will be addressed for next year's season.

SHS
11-05-2004, 01:17 AM

What an IDIOT...........you saw a tape of the game, you weren't there.........if you knew anything you would know that alvarez was the only one talking smack and made a fool of himself. As far as the coaches in the middle of the field they knew our players were going to get in the middle of the field and they weren't going to let kirbyville players do what they did to jasper.

shspiratefan
11-05-2004, 03:30 PM
the silsbee v/s shepherd game was a very wet and sloppy game and the jasper v/s shepherd game was a dry one
i was on the field friday night and it wasnt wet but it was slippery

JHS_c/o_06'
11-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Well, im off to the field house. Its game time baby.

shspiratefan
11-05-2004, 05:34 PM
I normally do not like to make predictions, but for someone who has been on the other side of the ball against both teams....I think Jasper will win. Silsbee is very good, but Jasper seems to be getting it together at the right time. The Kirbyville game woke up a sleeping giant. They are the most physical team and talented team we have seen all year. Good luck to both in the playoffs! Represent our district well.

lilt1506
11-06-2004, 02:15 AM
Silsbee won 29-28