KTJ
10-30-2004, 09:48 PM
34-35

PhiI C
10-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Incredible!

BU97
10-30-2004, 09:50 PM
SIC 'EM BEARS! 1st time in 17 years. I can't believe that I decided to stay home!

3afan
10-30-2004, 09:50 PM
looks like Baylor BTHO the Ags !

gobbler grad
10-30-2004, 09:51 PM
A&M just shot their self in the foot---totally disappointed

Bulldog_12
I don't freaking believe it. We win against Clemson, K-state,OSU and then we go to BAYLOR and lose. Well, it's been a fun ride, too bad it had to end this way. How bout those Aggies?:mad:

PhiI C
How did it happen. Did the Aggies miss an extra point try.

KTJ
10-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Baylor went for 2 in overtime to seal the victory. Gutsy call by Guy Morriss.

wildstangs
Baylor went for two in OT!

TMer25
Baylor went for 2 in the first overtime and converted.

gobbler grad
10-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Defense couldn't stick tonight. Must move on.
Get ready for the Sooners.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-30-2004, 09:56 PM
So is all hopes lost for? A&M?

gobbler grad
10-30-2004, 09:58 PM
just beat OU and it will be alright!

anything can happen(ask Miami)

Bulldog_12
10-30-2004, 10:01 PM
I don't know if ALL hope is lost. But a good bit is gone. But as Gobbler said, Anything can happen which is exactly true. I really hope we can pull ourselves together.

stangs4life
10-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know if Kerry Franks (K.J.) got in for the Aggies?

Hupernikomen
10-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Baylor killed two birds with one stone...Knocked off A&M and spoiled UT outside shot at a Big XII CHAMPIONSHIP! :(

PhiI C
10-30-2004, 10:27 PM
How did that spoil Texas faint outside shot? I thought Oklahoma took care of that.

footballfan93
10-30-2004, 10:29 PM
baylor......... LOL!!! i knew the Aggies were frauds.

PPHSfan
10-30-2004, 10:42 PM
where is explayer?

KTJ
10-30-2004, 10:48 PM
He probably went to the game.

We will hear his spin soon enough.

sahen
10-30-2004, 10:51 PM
VICTORY!!!!! hehe tearin the goal post down was awesome....That a way! AHHHHHHHHH Sic'em Bears!!!!!!

PhiI C
10-30-2004, 11:09 PM
I wonder if sahen is happy tonight. :D

sahen
10-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I wonder if sahen is happy tonight. :D

my voice is gone and my nails are gone...heck yah im happy...all of baylor is rockin tonight...

on another note, i dont know what aTm is gonna do against Tech, we threw the ball all over them today...aTm's run defense is awesome as they have proven in past games but they r gonna have to sharpen up in the 2ndary or Tech is gonna have more fun than we did....

Sic'em!

ILS1
10-30-2004, 11:34 PM
WACO, Texas (AP)

Shawn Bell threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to Dominique Ziegler in overtime and they connected again for the game-winning 2-point conversion, lifting Baylor to a 35-34 upset of No. 16 Texas A&M on Saturday night.

After Texas A&M's Keith Joseph scored on a 16-yard touchdown run on the first possession of overtime, Bell and Ziegler led the Bears to the stunning finish.

Bell completed a pass for no gain on the Bears' first play, Anthony Krieg rushed for 13 yards on second down and then Bell rolled out to his right before finding Ziegler just inside the goal line.

Baylor coach Guy Morriss (3-5, 1-4 Big 12) boldly decided to go for the two, hoping to catch the Aggies by surprise.

In a huddle on the raucous sideline, Morriss told the players ``Guys, we're going to go for it, is that what you want?,'' Bell said. ``Everybody said, 'yes sir.'''

It worked to perfection.

Baylor ran the same play again, with Bell scrambling around to his right looking for anyone in a green jersey. He zipped a pass to Ziegler just in front of A&M defensive back Melvin Bullitt for the score, setting off a wild celebration at a school that's had few things to party about in recent years.

Gold and green-clad students stormed the field, quickly taking down the goal posts in the south end zone and carrying them up and out of Floyd Casey Stadium. Loud music blared over the stadium speakers -- oddly fitting at a Baptist university that didn't allow dances on campus until eight years ago -- and a mosh pit formed on the field.

A&M players and fans watched the improbable scene in utter disbelief: the Aggies had won the last 13 games against their overmatched rival, including a 73-10 rout at College Station last year.

Baylor also ended an 11-game skid in the Big 12 and beat a ranked opponent for the first time since 1998, a 33-30 victory over 20th-ranked North Carolina State. The Bears are 38-143-5 against Top 25 teams.

This was an especially sweet night for Baylor after allowing a touchdown in the final minute of a 26-25 loss to Iowa State last week. Not to mention the years of futility against Texas A&M and nearly every other team in the Big 12 since the league formed in 1996.

Playing in relief of injured starter Dane King, Bell came through with a remarkable performance in his first start since the final two games of last season, both lopsided loss to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

The sophomore from nearby China Spring completed 32 of 50 passes for 262 yards and four touchdowns, two to Ziegler, who caught 12 passes for 121 yards.

The loss takes much of the steam out of the Aggies' matchup with No. 2 Oklahoma in College Station next Saturday. It would have been a showdown of unbeaten teams in the Big 12 South.

Not anymore. Baylor put an end to all the Aggies' big plans.

A&M quarterback Reggie McNeal committed his first two turnovers of the season in the loss, throwing an interception and losing a fumble. He had been the only starting quarterback in Division I-A without an interception thrown this season.

McNeal finished 20-of-31 for 268 yards with two touchdowns. He was sacked a season-high four times -- he'd only been dropped five times coming into the game.

``We made too many mistakes tonight and they capitalized on those mistakes,'' McNeal said. ``We remembered what happened last year and we knew they were going to be out to beat us tonight.''

Baylor rallied from a 10-point deficit at halftime, and came back to tie the game four times in the second half.

Ziegler hauled in a 32-yard catch with just under six minutes left, streaking down the sideline for a touchdown that tied the game at 20.

McNeal responded quickly, finding Chad Schroeder way behind the Baylor defense for a 49-yard touchdown pass just four plays and 58 seconds later.

But Willie Andrews returned the ensuing kickoff 59 yards to give the Bears excellent field position.

Bell and Co. took over from there.

The Bears went 41 yards in eight plays, with Bell capping the drive with a 6-yard touchdown pass to Trent Shelton to tie the game at 27 and send the game into an extra period.

Baylor WINS!!! (sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200410300079&prov=ap)

bigpimpin
10-31-2004, 12:14 AM
I had to check 3 different websites and I still don't believe it....how...why....but.....they were doing sooo good....Reggie for Heisman?...I think I'm gonna be sick...:confused:

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2004, 01:26 AM
Way to go Bears!

BrahmaMom
10-31-2004, 08:08 AM
To all my beloved Aggie friends, I feel your pain (Rice lost again). To the Baylor Bears nation, I say, Congrats and WHOOP!!! I love a win by an underdog (the social worker in me showing again!).

Hupernikomen
10-31-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
How did that spoil Texas faint outside shot? I thought Oklahoma took care of that.

Well I was hoping A&M could beat Oklahoma and be undefeated in conference play when they met up with Texas..I don't know what woulda happened if a 3-way tie exsisted.

jason
10-31-2004, 09:32 AM
HA, i just saw the score for the first time....thats great...A&M sucks lol...they can beat the sorry teams like wyoming, but not baylor?? lol thats embarrassing.....

GOFOR2
10-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I don't freaking believe it. We win against Clemson, K-state,OSU and then we go to BAYLOR and lose. Well, it's been a fun ride, too bad it had to end this way. How bout those Aggies?:mad:

Go take it out on the Oklahoma Hillbillies!!

KTJ
10-31-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Well I was hoping A&M could beat Oklahoma and be undefeated in conference play when they met up with Texas..I don't know what woulda happened if a 3-way tie exsisted.

We would then go to BCS Standings to decide should a 3-way tie came about, I do believe.

I could be wrong though, but I remember reading that somewhere.

turbostud
10-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
HA, i just saw the score for the first time....thats great...A&M sucks lol...they can beat the sorry teams like wyoming, but not baylor?? lol thats embarrassing.....
I cant wait to hear what explayer2001 has to say. A&M wins a few games and they think they are the best team in the nation. Now look at them. Cant even beat the Mighty Baylor Bears. :D GO OU!

District303aPastPlayer
10-31-2004, 12:09 PM
bwuahahaha :D

Port_town_texas
10-31-2004, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't laugh too soon. Reggie beat OU the last time they stepped foot on Kyle Field... He just might do it again. it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

District303aPastPlayer
10-31-2004, 12:15 PM
OU, Tech, and UT. . . i see 3 straight aggie losses

District303aPastPlayer
and oh yeah, if he cant beat a mediocre baylor team. . . whats he going to do with the #2/3 team in the nation?

LH Panther Mom
Now wouldn't that look good for Oklahoma! Aggies lose to Baylor, but beat the Sooners. lol :D

Port_town_texas
10-31-2004, 12:17 PM
He did the last time they were at kyle field.

KTJ
10-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
He did the last time they were at kyle field.

So what's your point.

Port_town_texas
10-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
So what's your point.

I'm pretty sure he's not the least bit intimidated by OU at home. So, I think he'll do it again and ruin the NOW clear (Miami loss) championship hopes of OU.;)

sinton66
10-31-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't know about that, the Naggies are looking pretty silly right now. I see a real chance they could lose the next three in a row. OU could be figuring on revenge.

KTJ
10-31-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
I'm pretty sure he's not the least bit intimidated by OU at home. So, I think he'll do it again and ruin the NOW clear (Miami loss) championship hopes of OU.;)

Here's what I don't get. Aggy BARELY beat CU, and technically should have lost that game. You play like crap and get beat by Baylor--freakin' Baylor. So now you automatically have a shot at winning against OU, the #2 team the country?

Unbelievable.

Keith7
10-31-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Here's what I don't get. Aggy BARELY beat CU, and technically should have lost that game. You play like crap and get beat by Baylor--freakin' Baylor. So now you automatically have a shot at winning against OU, the #2 team the country?

Unbelievable.

if the atm's could play the Patriots they would still believe they would win..

They don't have "Aggy" jokes for nothing

turbostud
10-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
if the atm's could play the Patriots they would still believe they would win..

They don't have "Aggy" jokes for nothing

True.

texasjeremy
10-31-2004, 01:03 PM
great night last night, I celebrated on the field after the game, then at Crickets later on last night. It was awesome to see all the annoying aggies so sad.

CHSBaseball07
10-31-2004, 01:13 PM
this was ugly

sahen
10-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
great night last night, I celebrated on the field after the game, then at Crickets later on last night. It was awesome to see all the annoying aggies so sad.

amen, it was great...now to try to win another one...lol who knows, maybe another miracle in the next 3 games? i wont hold my breath but it'd be nice

Bulldog_12
10-31-2004, 05:47 PM
So here it is, Aggie bashing time. Yeah we bragged about beating some teams, who wouldn't after having a season like last year? We didn't do anymore bragging than UT fans do. Can we not be excited that we have had a great turn around? Can we not hope for a win against Texas? We have opinions too. What everyone is saying is that we should just give up on our team and have no confidence in them just because a few of you guys have different opinions. I have supreme confidence in the Aggies and feel like they have the talent to WIN the next three. You can say I am bragging, annoying, whatever the crap you want, but I will always stand up for my team. Yes, I am VERY disappointed with the way they played yesterday. I know they went out expecting to cream Baylor. This is only a minor set back. The next three weeks should be a wild and exciting ride. I expect some huge surprises. GIG'EM AGGIES!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
10-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Sure you can be proud of your team. What turns most people off about the Naggies is their pure jealousy of UT, their childish reversal of the letters and such. Yall talk about your tradition, but it's one based on jealousy of Texas. Sorry, but it gets annoying after a while.

Bulldog_12
10-31-2004, 05:56 PM
Thats not OUR fault. It just gets carried on. Thats what makes a rivalry soo much fun. Sorry that it is annoying to you, but it has been going on since the opening of the school. I think something that has been going on that long shouldnt just die. UT has us in their song too. So its not just us that take shots.

sahen
10-31-2004, 06:24 PM
actually i was tryin to not to brag, but i was just being happy....i mean come on i dont get this very often at baylor u really cant blame me for that can u?....as far as yall playing crappy, yah yall had 3 turnovers, but look at ur own players remarks about looking ahead and such....if they wouldve looked ahead maybe, just maybe they wouldve snapped outa their OU trance and tried to put baylor away one of the 5 times they were ahead of them....baylor tied the game 3 times in the 4th and had to come back in OT, aTm got outplayed...yah now that was bragging, but maybe i should brag some...

lepfan
10-31-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sure you can be proud of your team. What turns most people off about the Naggies is their pure jealousy of UT, their childish reversal of the letters and such. Yall talk about your tradition, but it's one based on jealousy of Texas. Sorry, but it gets annoying after a while.

/AMEN I do not like UT, but that is the biggest pet peeve I have against the Aggies...

Bulldog_12
10-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Ok, sahen, wasnt talking to you or the bears. Glad you support your team and are happy. I was talking about all of the people that down the aggie fans ALL THE TIME just because we get happy and build conifdence for our team. I wasn't complaining about the game either. I know we got outplayed and im fine with that. A little disappointed, but its alright.

sahen
10-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Ok, sahen, wasnt talking to you or the bears. Glad you support your team and are happy. I was talking about all of the people that down the aggie fans ALL THE TIME just because we get happy and build conifdence for our team. I wasn't complaining about the game either. I know we got outplayed and im fine with that. A little disappointed, but its alright.

oh ok....thats cool...best of luck against OU next week

Keith7
10-31-2004, 07:06 PM
i'm neither a UT fan or a ATM fan but have gotten tired of seeing aTm fans on this site constantly dissing UT while UT fans just took it, I guess UT fans knew how things would pan out in the end and aTm fans were just excited about how thier season was going at the time

Bulldog_12
10-31-2004, 07:14 PM
UT fans just took it Keith?????? I don't think so. Go check back in some of the other threads. Ill link one.

Keith7
10-31-2004, 07:16 PM
UT fans just took it Keith?????? I don't think so. Go check back in some of the other threads. Ill link one.

go for it.. i dont care.. i dont like either team

Bulldog_12
10-31-2004, 07:18 PM
I know, but Im just saying that they dont just take it. They dish back just as bad as we do. UT and A&M (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20567&highlight=Longhorns)

Keith7
10-31-2004, 07:24 PM
I know, but Im just saying that they dont just take it. They dish back just as bad as we do. UT and A&M (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20567&highlight=Longhorns)

i'll trust you.. i need a nap too bad to go thru all that

Ag04
10-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

"Naggies"
Not too sure.....but this seems a bit CHILDISH to me. Better take a good look at yourself when you start to dish out insults!!!

sinton66
10-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Ag04
"Naggies"
Not too sure.....but this seems a bit CHILDISH to me. Better take a good look at yourself when you start to dish out insults!!!

http://img86.exs.cx/img86/5779/bmoon.gif

KTJ
10-31-2004, 10:43 PM
So here it is, Aggie bashing time. Yeah we bragged about beating some teams, who wouldn't after having a season like last year? We didn't do anymore bragging than UT fans do. Can we not be excited that we have had a great turn around? Can we not hope for a win against Texas? We have opinions too. What everyone is saying is that we should just give up on our team and have no confidence in them just because a few of you guys have different opinions. I have supreme confidence in the Aggies and feel like they have the talent to WIN the next three. You can say I am bragging, annoying, whatever the crap you want, but I will always stand up for my team. Yes, I am VERY disappointed with the way they played yesterday. I know they went out expecting to cream Baylor. This is only a minor set back. The next three weeks should be a wild and exciting ride. I expect some huge surprises. GIG'EM AGGIES!!!!!!!!!

No one is bashing you, from what I've read. But what did happen was how you and other A&M posters on this BBS got over excited about the play of your team and kept stating how "TU sucks" and how yall are gonna kick our butts at DKR. You all kept bashing the UT program but never gave any commentary whatsoever to back it up with. Now that you've lost to Baylor, it just seems funny to us. (oh, and I'll bet anyone that an A&M poster will take this reply out of context and think I'm dogging them and their program, when clearly I'm making a well thoughtout reply.)

UT has us in their song too. So its not just us that take shots.

I don't think that is a "shot" at A&M. More like it's one line, compared to the entire song dedicated to UT that is sung by you guys. That fight song was made a long time ago. No one on campus, or even the alumni for that matter, make it a point to always scream or yell "goodbye to A&M" when that part comes up. Frankly, we don't care. As I've said numerous times before and I'll always say it--Our main rival is OU--PERIOD.

So A&m losing to Baylor has nothing to do with UT. Us Longhorns are just laughing because you always look at thing through your maroon colored glasses...and now look where that got you--a loss to BU.

Bottom Line - Stop thinking your all high and mighty all the time.

Oh, and Hook 'Em!

PhiI C
10-31-2004, 11:31 PM
I am a UT fan first but when it comes to playing out of state schools then I support the ones in state. I plan to be at the Big 12 soccer tournament on Wednesday and I will be cheering the Lady Horns when they play Nebraska and after that game I will be cheering the Lady Aggies when they play Oklahoma State. I would love for both teams to win and keep winning and play in the championship game on Sunday and if so I would have to cheer for the Lady Horns there. Either way I hope both teams do well and get invited to the playoffs by the NCAA.

Bulldog_12
11-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Whats wrong with getting over-excited??? I think that we have a great chance to win this year against UT still, and I will voice it. Only a few have said UT sucks, not all of us. And how do you get that we act all high and mighty?? Because we have confidence in our team and show it? Because we feel like we can hang with anyone and beat them? If I am mistaken, correct me, but isn't that the way you are supposed to be if your a true fan? Aren't you supposed to be behind your team 100% and be fully confident that your team can wion anytime? Maybe thats just my perspective on a fan.

Port_town_texas
11-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Unbelievable.

Yeah, I thought it was unbelievable too, 2 years ago. Then look at what happened.............

bmbf_06
11-01-2004, 09:17 AM
that's ok Aggies, beat OU

IHStangFan
11-01-2004, 09:24 AM
i just dont understand how the score was close enough to ALLOW for overtime.....were the Aggies sleeping? MAN that sucks....its alright though....we'll still be alright after we whoop up on OU and UT :D

Bulldog_12
11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I dont wanna sound like im STILL making excuses, but I think Baylor might be turning things around. From the sound of things, that quarterback they used sounded pretty good. Maybe he should be playing instead of the original starter. Im sure we'll be keeping a close eye on the bears next year.

big daddy russ
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Time to gear up for OU, Bulldog. I still think the Ags can pull it off, but I like their chances against Vince Young's arm a lot better than their chances against Jason White's arm.

KTJ
11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Bulldog, thanks for asking those questions and not being an _____ about it. I appreicate it.

What I was getting at is that if you go back and look at the posts over the course of the last few weeks or so, some of your Aggie friends kept bashing VY, the UT program, Mack Brown, and UT itself--hence, the high and mighty attitude. It may not have been you, but you know what I mean.

Of course, I say support your team at all costs. I agree 100%. But when supporting your team requires you to degrade other programs and act like yours is now the best thing since sliced bread, then that's where I have the problem.

Whats wrong with getting over-excited??? I think that we have a great chance to win this year against UT still, and I will voice it. Only a few have said UT sucks, not all of us. And how do you get that we act all high and mighty?? Because we have confidence in our team and show it? Because we feel like we can hang with anyone and beat them? If I am mistaken, correct me, but isn't that the way you are supposed to be if your a true fan? Aren't you supposed to be behind your team 100% and be fully confident that your team can wion anytime? Maybe thats just my perspective on a fan.

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2004, 12:35 PM
hey Big Daddy Pedro, dont forget about the best RB in the Nation this year, true freshman, Mr. I-came-from-mars-not-palestine-im-that-outta-this-world Adrian Peterson. . .

big daddy russ
11-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
hey Big Daddy Pedro, dont forget about the best RB in the Nation this year, true freshman, Mr. I-came-from-mars-not-palestine-im-that-outta-this-world Adrian Peterson. . .
It's not Peterson I'm worried about.

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2004, 12:37 PM
i would be. . .

KTJ
11-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's not Peterson I'm worried about.

Seeing as how no one has been able to stop him, I think you should be.

big daddy russ
11-01-2004, 12:45 PM
A&M's defense could win games for them.... if their secondary didn't suck so bad. A&M has had the best run defense in the Big XII since they inserted the faster LB's and Lee Foliaki and tweaked the D-Line after the Utah game. Peterson may account for three TD's, but the coaches here in College Station are more worried about what White can do to their nonexistant secondary than the matchup between the best RB and the best run D. Justin Warren runs a 4.5, all of the D-Lineman can fly, and the front seven are a giant electromagnet to the ballcarrier. Problem is it's hard to fly to the ballcarrier if he's 35 yards downfield. When White starts airing it out, everything will open up for Peterson. It STARTS with White this Saturday.

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Justin Warren runs a 4.5, all of the D-Lineman can fly, and the front seven are a giant electromagnet to the ballcarrier. Problem is it's hard to fly to the ballcarrier if he's 35 yards downfield. When White starts doing that, everything will open up for Peterson. It's STARTS with White.

point taken

IHStangFan
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
yup...i dont think A&M will have much of a problem containing A.P. but if White goes to the air.....it could be a diff. story. he has proven that he can do so w/ authority.

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup...i dont think A&M will have much of a problem containing A.P. but if White goes to the air.....it could be a diff. story. he has proven that he can do so w/ authority.

AD not AP :) because he will run on ya allllll dayyyy like when he was a lil dude in Palestine

Bulldog_12
11-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Im still worried about AP, but not as much as White. After the way Baylor picked apart our secondary, I don't see how our DBs are going to keep up with their wide receivers. Well, we will see come saturday. I hope the Ags are in a totally different mindset than they were two days ago. I'm sure this is definately a humbling experience. I have a few players in my class this morning and they all expressed hwo ready they were to take some revenge and vent some frustration this weekend. They said that they are determined to win. I hope they can do it. The talent is there, they just have to eliminate the mental mistakes and little things that haunted them this weekend.