PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 56 Hempstead 12

Bull's-eye
10-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Bellville cruised to an easy win over the Bobcats. Bellville gained 329 yds rushing and 122 yds passing. Bellville was led by Benjamin, Bryant, Harris, Cooper and Pope. Bellville's defense held Hempstead to 156 total yards, with most of that coming on 2 plays and against back-ups. Bellville did have some trouble with penalties, being called 9 times for 110 yds.

Bellville's play-offs options are still wide open. They can win district with a victory over Rice and a Sealy win over Navasota. They can tie for first (3-way tie) with a win over Rice and a Navasota win. A loss to Rice and a Navasota win would put them in at the 3rd spot or a loss and a Sealy win would cause a 3 way tie for second. There may be a coin flip to decide the last 2 play-off spots.

BrahmaMom
10-31-2004, 08:17 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas. Where was Sanders? Nice win to head into the Rice game with. I hope there were no injuries. I'm very proud of a young Brahma team who has had to grow up under the scrutiny and lights of a community who had forgotten how it felt to lose. They never gave up, they kept getting better, they kept the faith, and kept the Bellville tradition alive--we couldn't ask for more. These young men have learned as much on the field this year as they have in the classroom, no criticism intended for the school system. Life lessons are not learned in an academic setting, but on fields of battle where there is a lot at stake and someone wins and someone loses and you may not have the tools you want to have, but you have to find a way to do it. And the 2004 Brahmas have done just that! Congrats, Bulls, I am so very proud to be BrahmaMom, love you all!

HornetMom
10-31-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Congrats to the Brahmas. Where was Sanders? Nice win to head into the Rice game with. I hope there were no injuries. I'm very proud of a young Brahma team who has had to grow up under the scrutiny and lights of a community who had forgotten how it felt to lose. They never gave up, they kept getting better, they kept the faith, and kept the Bellville tradition alive--we couldn't ask for more. These young men have learned as much on the field this year as they have in the classroom, no criticism intended for the school system. Life lessons are not learned in an academic setting, but on fields of battle where there is a lot at stake and someone wins and someone loses and you may not have the tools you want to have, but you have to find a way to do it. And the 2004 Brahmas have done just that! Congrats, Bulls, I am so very proud to be BrahmaMom, love you all!

I have been watching(reading) from afar all season. The Brahmas playing today are definitely not the same team we played in week 0. What a great season you all are having.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Sanders did play on offense, but did not score. I only watched the first half and then left to watch the Rice/Sealy game. Rice is a very good team, with plenty of size. They have a great running attack with Huffman leading the way. They have a #2 that is also very good. Rice doesn't seem to throw very much and they play great defense.

CheerMom
10-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Great job, Brahmas!! See you this week at "The Swamp"!!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

rhs78
10-31-2004, 04:35 PM
goog job bellville,i knew it would be easy against the bobcats. the best of luck this friday,it should be a great game for district championship..

punt
10-31-2004, 07:46 PM
The Bellville players will have to clean up their act if they are going to win big games. Personal foul penalties can cost you the game against good teams and I think they had at least 4, mostly hitting after the ball carrier was out of bounds. Most coaches won't tolerate that stuff and I imagine they will hear about it this coming week. Should be a great game with Rice. Will be interesting to see what Bellville does to stop Huffman.