PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny @ Stafford for third place

neck_06
10-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Game for third place in district 25-3A.

Neither team really gave either W.C. or Wharton much of a game.

Any thoughts?

Necked
10-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't know what Staffords problem is, but come on!!! You hold Needville to 66 total yrds through an entire game AND two overtimes, and STILL lost the game! Terrible!!!
If Sweeny even comes close to losing this game they need to throw away their equipment, pave over their football field and erect a 50 ft statue in honor of the Roughnecks!

BU97
10-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Tough to tell how this will come out. My gut says Sweeny, but they didn't show too much last night. Both are coming off tough games last night.

g$$
10-31-2004, 01:39 AM
Both are bad football teams, period. I have told you repeatedly & will tell you again: changes are coming in Sweeny after the season ends. Treybig is done there for his actions on & off the field. Scapegoating & berating kids because of your inadequacies does not win over a community, esp. one in a 6 year decline that is accustomed to winning. They are poorly coached & less prepared, & it is not just Friday nights (i.e. 7-12 program). Watch their game films & it is evident. Any coach worth his salt maximizes what he has to be competitive. That does not mean you always win, but you are in the mix. You will see immediate improvement over the coming months once it goes down. If you don't believe my sources, then just sit back & watch. No need to argue about it. As for a WC statue, what in God's name would that prove? Sounds like an inferiority complex to me. Their series is tied 26-26-1 all time, so that feeble attempt at humor holds no credence. WC won their 1st district title since 1987 - good job, now build on it & sustain something. Sweeny will be back, so enjoy the ride & good luck in the playoffs (#1 Cuero is looming). That town & those kids are hungry to win again. Sweeny sneaks into the playoffs as the 3rd team & bows out quickly in the watered down UIL system. Then the overhaul begins. Book it....

LogieJoeBean001
10-31-2004, 08:44 AM
The statue part sounds a whole lot like a mighty big ego with a great big dose of arrogance. I wouldn't get too cocky if I were you, WC. That's what'll kick you in the butt real fast!!!

Necked
10-31-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
The statue part sounds a whole lot like a mighty big ego with a great big dose of arrogance.

Nah, It's just part of our long standing rivalry. Long time Neck/Dog fans know what I'm refering to.......

scrub c
10-31-2004, 01:08 PM
g, who's prostate are you swinging from in sweeny? If you know so much, why dont you drop us a few names. I suppose one of them would be T.Z. or maybe another would be J.S.

btw... I didnt expect to hear from you again till baseball season.

g$$
10-31-2004, 08:33 PM
I am not a name dropper, & you're still not Jim Rome. Those men have jobs currently last time I checked. Anyone who uses the derogatory nickname of his hometown for his post name deserves all the ridicule he can stand (Dub C = Scrub C). Not too clever buddy. If you want to swing from something, we can work that out. That might require you to quit hiding behind a computer screen. I talk to people who are in the know & make decisions. I don't live there but have watched some films. And I do know what happened Friday before the game that has set off a firestorm in Sweeny. That will come out soon enough. So just hold your water & prepare for that Gobbler kick in the teeth on the horizon. Meeting you during baseball season will be a treat.

neck_06
10-31-2004, 11:55 PM
why don't yall meet at the game where sweeny's "clear cut ace" is shelled by the necks, then maybe you (g$$) can start hanging from someone elses "stuff" instead of this so called "ace"

scrub c
11-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Anyone who uses the derogatory nickname of his hometown for his post name deserves all the ridicule he can stand (Dub C = Scrub C). Not too clever buddy.

So just hold your water & prepare for that Gobbler kick in the teeth on the horizon

A. Not much gets by you....I cant believe you figured that one out. scrub c and all. I gotta suggestion, Why dont you go get the job in sweeny and quit coaching little league. (or select as you like to call it)Im sure you could do a better job...... And as far as clever, I figured it was very clever, turing a derogatory nickname (given to us by sweeny) of my hometown into my username.

B. I bet there is nothing more you would like to see than cuero beating them NECKS (DISTRICT CHAMPION NECKS). Well as far as that goes, we will see. The only thing I know about cuero is that they are the AP #1 team in the state. The DUB is having a great start to what is going to be a great year in the big 3. (football/basketball/baseball) Looking for district championships in all three.

C. All you DUB-C haters keep on keeping on, that is what gives us our ultimate satisfaction. Because like I said, no one like getting their teeth kicked in by a team you feel the need to name call.. lol

pancho villa
11-01-2004, 09:43 AM
g$$ are you a tough guy?
Or just a little league wana be coach.

I don't think you know what you are saying, the necks are dist. champs in football, and will be in hoops and that boaring sport baseball. mark it down.

FbCoachB40
11-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey Scrub C,

Is it just me or does g$$ sound like a cheesy spinoff of a gangster movie. "I've got connections." Whatever!! "I even know what happened Friday night before the game, but SHHHHH it is a secret that only I know." Go tell it to your PawPaw, cuz no one here even cares.

I know what happened Friday night also; it is called a clinic. So, go on and try to sound supperior, the all-knowing ga$$ man! You are a joke.

Let me help you with your ganster spinoffs. In the words of the great Scrub C, "go get your shine box."

Sorry I stole your line, scrub.

pancho villa
11-01-2004, 09:51 AM
g$$ he said "go home and get your shine box"

scrub c
11-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
"go get your shine box."

Sorry I stole your line, scrub.

FbCoach, that quote is community property, feel free to throw it around at any idiot you see fit. Looks like you picked a good one in gboy. I wonder what the g stands for?

pancho villa
11-01-2004, 10:41 AM
The g stands for gay.

FbCoachB40
11-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Don't you know? the g stands for "great one". Just like Fred G. Sanford.

By the way, don't count out those Wharton Tigers in Hoop season. I have seen their new coach in action, and he will get every once of effort out of them.

raider red 2000
11-01-2004, 10:48 AM
ounce

scrub c
11-01-2004, 10:49 AM
yeah I remember back in the day Wharton always had an awesome thump/thump team.

But The DUB looks to be pretty strong as well.

cap76
11-01-2004, 11:01 AM
It would not matter if they brought in Stoops they just don't have any players

pancho villa
11-01-2004, 11:03 AM
I guess g$$ did go get his shinebox.

scrub c
11-01-2004, 11:05 AM
finally, someone who knows what I have been saying all season.

the talent pool has dried up over there. They are good kids and good people, just not athletic.

FbCoachB40
11-02-2004, 10:11 AM
By the way there g$$, you are not the only one that knows what happened before the game on Fri. Your attempts to show your superiority continues to show your inferiority complex. Quit trying to act all knowing, and go ahead and admit that everything that you are saying is based on speculation. Will Treybig be fired? Probably, however, it hasn't happened yet.

scrub c
11-02-2004, 11:05 AM
fbcoach

wharton or palacios ?

FbCoachB40
11-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Scrub C

WC or Needville?

pancho villa
11-03-2004, 10:34 AM
JAYS WIN?

scrub c
11-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Im gonna pull for them Necks
and the Tigers

sonic
11-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Treybig is a good guy and will be missed in Sweeny for one reason that many people overlook. He has helped so many of those kids get college scholarships by all the hard work he has done to help them. You look back at the 99 Sweeny team and all the talent that was playing. How many of those boys do you see playing college football, NONE. If Treybig would have been here some if not alot would have gotten a major college scholarship. I am not defending Treybigs actions that everyone is gossiping about, but come on he is a good guy and truely does care about the kids. He just has so much frustration built up in him he lost it. I hope for the best in Sweeny Athletics. Hey the volleyball team is ranked #8 in the state. Lets be proud of that!

Sweeny 28 Stafford 7

scrub c
11-03-2004, 02:13 PM
so how did c. woodard, the washington kid, g lange(sp) among many others get to college?

this is the only time g$$ would have valuable input.

rhs78
11-03-2004, 03:01 PM
sweeny-21 stafford-10, neither team is very good. soft third place team

LogieJoeBean001
11-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sonic
I am not defending Treybigs actions that everyone is gossiping about

I must be way out of the loop because other than hearing that "something" happened before the game last Friday, I haven't heard or seen anything else. I don't think I wanna either...better to let sleeping dogs lay!

nexfan
11-04-2004, 12:56 PM
george lane went to alvin but he was from sweeny

g$$
11-04-2004, 04:37 PM
That "g" does not stand for track coach at WC, or is that you Coach Ger....?? Now there's a boring sport. You are dreaming if you think y'all win all 3 big sports. Let the games be played & quit talking about it. By the way, I don't coach little league. Maybe if some of your kids were good enough for select ball then you would understand it. I scout high school. upper select ball, & college ball in this area. Maybe we will cross paths down the line. I doubt it because I don't make many track meets.

g$$
11-04-2004, 04:38 PM
George Lane grew up in Sweeny & only finished at Alvin for family reasons his senior year. He is a Sweeny boy all the way. Played & lettered 4 years at TCU blocking for LT & 4 more years in the league. Currently trying to catch on with another team to make 5 for his pension.

g$$
11-04-2004, 04:46 PM
This is Treybig's 6th year in Sweeny, so he should have been around in '99. I am not familiar with the team you are talking about or the kids, just doing the math. Kids earn scholarships & certainly coaches can help get them noticed. Treybig is great with the media & recruiters. I know that personally. As for Neck & Scrub C, those kids you mentioned were blue chippers. Lane, Woodard, Garrett, Simien, Washington, & many others deserved their scholarships. Those are not just given away.

g$$
11-04-2004, 04:55 PM
I have never said I was the only one who knew what happened in Sweeny last Friday. I wasn't even at the game but got a solid report on what transpired. I am sure you know because you coach in Wharton. Ask Russell R. your AD & HC what he thinks - everyone knows it is a done deal. He crossed all lines & now he will pay the piper. I sure don't know it all. The only question is when & how it will be handled. How about if everyone just holds their water & lets the administration do their job.

g$$
11-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Some of you guys are just laughable. This site was created for interaction among coaches, not idle chatter. FB Coach B40, Neck 06, & Scrub C try to make stuff personal. I could care less if you like me or not. I am secure in who I am & what I do. We can talk ball any day, but I don't care for this childish nonsense back & forth. You be you & I will be me. See ya.

scrub c
11-04-2004, 10:14 PM
ok pat

FbCoachB40
11-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Hey g-dawg, if you are so offended why do you keep coming back? "You are dreaming if you think y'all win all 3 big sports. Let the games be played & quit talking about it," these are your words, right? Well, you are the one that started talking about baseball, and YOU said, "who's playing for second?" So, you brought all this on yourself. YOU started the trash talking. I saw that somebody put on here, "ok pat." That wouldn't be Pat Par.... would it?

FbCoachB40
11-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Hey scrub, check your pm

scrub c
11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
ok

reply waiting

g$$
11-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Never been known by that name, so nice try. Don't know that person either. I am not here to argue. Baseball will play itself out on the field. Yes I will be following some kids like usual, but they determine outcomes not me. My eligibility is gone. Just like the Sweeny coaching situation - it has reached a crossroads obviously. Not good for anyone involved right now. Some of you refused to listen, & now even you see it. Good coaching & being prepared goes a long way. I am not into your "shinebox" chatter & all that nonsense. I am a bottom line guy & results only matter. Remember that when you read the boxscores & follow what is going on. The cream always rises to the top - always. Just see what happens & compare it to what I said. I'll take my chances with that any day.

scrub c
11-07-2004, 10:51 AM
go get your shinebox.........pat

Johnnypaycheck
11-07-2004, 11:08 AM
scrub said shinebox...
what time you headed to the plant scrub?

scrub c
11-07-2004, 11:18 AM
normal time

Necked
11-07-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm still stunned by this. I just can't believe Sweeny would lose like that to Stafford on their own field. I reluctantly have to agree with g$$ on one point, this shouldn't have happened again, not in this weak district...
Another sad thing is only one team from Brazoria county made the playoffs this year...:(

Johnnypaycheck
11-07-2004, 12:26 PM
pearland made the playoffs