PDA

View Full Version : The Howling Bear Scares the Hawks

PhiI C
10-30-2004, 12:18 AM
West Oso lost a close one to Zapata tonight 24 to 21. A great game by the Bears against the undefeated Hawks.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2004, 12:20 AM
yep and Goliad just got by Mathis 28-27. That means Goliad and Ingleside are in the playoffs

44INAROW
10-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
yep and Goliad just got by Mathis 28-27. That means Goliad and Ingleside are in the playoffs

way to go Goliad

GOFOR2
10-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
West Oso lost a close one to Zapata tonight 24 to 21. A great game by the Bears against the undefeated Hawks.
Give it up, both teams are not very good.

Hawk Fan Izzy
10-30-2004, 03:23 AM
That was an awesome game. First play of the game, West Oso runs it in for a touchdown.

After that, Orlando Martinez (Hawk QB) leads a several minute drive in for a touchdown.

Next drive for West Oso, they score again on the run.

Hawks are driving back and Rene Chapa (#88) catches the ball and he was close to a TD when he fumbles it.

W.O picks it up and a couple of plays later, TD.

What changed the game was the following: Zapata had the ball and the QB and #50 from West Oso got into a fight, both got ejected.

Hawks went into halftime down 21-7 without their first-string quarterback.

Hugo Sanchez, #3 for the Hawks, stepped it up big time. I have to admire him, he's pretty shy and all of Z-town was there to witness it.

Well, the game went on for two more quarters, ending with two more TD's and a FG for a Hawk victory.

I have to say, even though it was kind of sloppy, I think this game was probably the wake-up call the Hawks needed. After the Rio Grande City game, they've been playing apathy ball. If you were at the game, you saw it in their faces. They finally played with some heart.

Good job Hawks and Good job especially to Hugo, you managed to lead a team when it needed it most.

Phil C
10-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Also Hawk beware of the Howling Bear when he is awakened like last night. :)

HAWKS
10-31-2004, 02:24 PM
IT'S BEEN ONE OF THE WORST GAMES THAT I'VE BEEN TO, IT WASN'T THE BEARS THAT GAVE US A SCARE, IT WAS THE REF'S.
FOR EX: WHEN TWO OF THE PLAYERS GOT PERSONAL , ONLY OUR QUARTER BACK GOT KICKED OFF FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE GAMEAND THE WEST OSO PLAYER KEPT PLAYING.WHAT HAPPEND THERE??? THEY WERE ALSO PLAYING KIND OF DIRTY AND THE REF'S WOULN'T PENALIZE THEM. IT SEEMED LIKE THE REF'S WERE OUT TO GET THE HAWKS. BUT WHAT COUNTS IS THAT WE TOOK THE GAME OUT OF THEIR HANDS. GREAT JOB HAWKS,ESPECIALLY HUGO SANCHEZ, HE PLAYED A HELL OF A GAME!!!!!!!

Ranger05
10-31-2004, 02:43 PM
a lot of the time the refs dont see things none of them are out to get anybody. They cant see everything all at once.

Old Green
10-31-2004, 02:46 PM
I think it was just a bad night for Ref's every where. The Cuero - Yoakum game was poorly officiated also.

GOFOR2
10-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
a lot of the time the refs dont see things none of them are out to get anybody. They cant see everything all at once.

I think the problem is that rather than watch the area they are responsible for they actually become spectators and start watching the whole game rather than small area they are responsible for. Just my opinion.

HAWKS
10-31-2004, 03:29 PM
HEY RANGER, THATS WHY THEY HAVE FOUR REFS AND IT WAS SO OBVIOUS THAT ALL EIGHT EYES WERE LOCKED AT THE HAWKS. THE HAWKS WERE PLAYING TWO GAMES AT ONCE.

JUST ANOTHER YEAR FOR THEM TO FEAR!!!
GO HAWKS!