lilt1506
10-30-2004, 12:16 AM
what do you think of the change

spiveyrat
10-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Famine to Feast!

whatusay2
10-30-2004, 06:12 AM
I think it's a GREAT story and Silsbee could be this year's Cinderella!

3afan
10-30-2004, 07:16 AM
amazing - good 4 them .........

Bullaholic
10-30-2004, 07:25 AM
The Bulls had a similar season in 93'. They were 0-10 in 92', hired Danny Henson, and went 11-2 in 93'. The whole town was "on fire" and we really had a lot of fun during the playoff run. It is a magical thing to watch and be a part of.....hope Silsbee has all the fun that we have had since 93', and it continues into the making of a "tradition" in that program. Best of Luck in the playoffs.

Port_town_texas
10-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Congrats 2 Silsbee on the win.:clap:

Ranger Mom
10-30-2004, 08:48 AM
What a turn around - congrats and good luck!!

WOS1
10-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Silsbee has always been known locally to have a pretty solid football program. The last few years were sort of an anomaly. In 1998 they went all the way to the quarterfinals losing to eventual state champion LaMarque. I said before the season that all they needed was a little confidence and that they would be a team to watch. I even said they would make the playoffs and I immediately got a bunch of the... "they were 1-9 and 0-10, no way they make it"... and the usual, "just because they drop to 3A don't mean they will be able to win, 3A is tougher than you think", well...

Bullaholic
10-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Silsbee has always been known locally to have a pretty solid football program. The last few years were sort of an anomaly. In 1998 they went all the way to the quarterfinals losing to eventual state champion LaMarque. I said before the season that all they needed was a little confidence and that they would be a team to watch. I even said they would make the playoffs and I immediately got a bunch of the... "they were 1-9 and 0-10, no way they make it"... and the usual, "just because they drop to 3A don't mean they will be able to win, 3A is tougher than you think", well...

It is "cliche" to say that "the tougher teams are yet to come in the playoffs", but that is the case. I understand your frustration with those who doubt because of the earlier poor record, but only after some really good, playoff caliber, 3A teams have been beaten (and you might have beaten some earlier in the season) can you truly lay claim to greatness. I think you can be justifyably proud of Silsbee, and I do not disagree with your statement at this point.

Old Cardinal
10-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Silsbee came out of a very tough 4A District with a boat load of determined Seniors. They like WO-S are at the top end of the 3A enrollment and that enrollment based depth factor counts a lot in the playoffs. I have seen Bridge City lose to both Silsbee and Jasper this season and have a great respect for both of these big school type teams. I hear every year the traditional folks from many long-term 3A teams trash the "losers" dropping down from good 4A Districts at the beginning of the year. The record shows that teams like Silsbee with solid returning Senior laden units tend to surprise 3A teams that have discounted the newcomers in 3A Districts. Turnovers will determine the winner of the Silsbee/Jasper game but they will both do well in the bracket play.

j_dog
10-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
..... I hear every year the traditional folks from many long-term 3A teams trash the "losers" dropping down from good 4A Districts at the beginning of the year. ....
Not just "losers" Old Card. Remember, Jasper was trashed much the same way for having no "defense" even though they were a 4a Q finalist returning almost the entire team. :) You make a very good point about the quality of 4a. True, dropping down to 3a will not make a lousy program good. But, Silsbee has never had a lousy program. They just ran into a bit of hard luck the past two years. This year they are out to make up for it all.

lilt1506
10-31-2004, 02:24 PM
Jasper was droped for no defense and Silsbee was droped for no offense

lilt1506
10-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Jasper was droped for no defense and Silsbee was droped for no offense

has Jasper defence came up

NSUTrumpet08
10-31-2004, 03:35 PM
I think Silsbee has done a great job this year!