PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give a summary of LH & Wimberley??

Bandera YaYa
10-29-2004, 11:36 PM
It was really close........thanks.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2004, 12:37 AM
I just got home a little while ago. That drive sure seemed longer tonight than last.

Our boys were ready for this game; unfortunately they couldn't consistently overcome the Wimberley defense. Whoever gets to play Wimberley in the playoffs is in for a game, if they continue to play like they did tonight. Good game by both teams.

We came out fired up, recovering the fumble on opening kickoff. What a way to start! Score was 6-0, Wimberley at the half - blocked PAT.

After half, receiving kickoff, we came in strong & scored fairly quickly, 7-6. Wimberley came back & scored back-to-back TD's, the first of two, defense stopped the 2-pt conversion - 19-7. We were able to come back & score a second time, to make it 19-14.

Our boys never gave up until the clock ran out - they fought hard all the way. Great job, team! One person that I would like to mention is Tony Haberer, #21, LB. It's Tony's Sr. year - he was a starter on the team as a freshman & has made All-District all 3 years prior to this. He's the only player on our team to start all 4 years. Tony, great job!

Sorry that I don't have better details - my mind's a little shot after the drive.

pirate4state
10-30-2004, 02:39 AM
LHPM - Sorry to hear about the loss. :( Go get 'em in the playoffs!! Good Luck!

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks. You know, a loss like this is always tough for the players. It sure brought back memories of my oldest son's Sr. year, two years ago, & the final game with Burnet. They'll rebound & should do well in the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2004, 04:08 PM
ttt for you YaYa!

Bandera YaYa
10-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info.....sure sounds like a hard fought game.....sorry you came up a little short, but hey, the playoffs are just around the corner and the slat is wiped clean....