PDA

View Full Version : What reciever had 9 catches for 310 yards and 6 TD's in 3 Qtrs?

Chief Woodman
10-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Brian Christian of Decatur in tonights 62-16 win over Little Elm. They tried to play him man for man. What were they thinking?

gobbler grad
10-29-2004, 11:08 PM
how many yards did the qb throw for?

wildstangs
10-29-2004, 11:12 PM
What colleges are looking at him Chief?

Chief Woodman
10-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah! He is now #5 all-time yardage reciever in Texas HS football history (All clasifications). I know there are some looking at him, but I will not say who until I get permission to do that as a favor to my good friend Monster Mel.

wildstangs
10-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Cool....I have tried to keep up with the Eagles since our meeting a few years ago. Might have to catch a game this year. Just glad they arent D2.

Chief Woodman
10-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Cool....I have tried to keep up with the Eagles since our meeting a few years ago. Might have to catch a game this year. Just glad they arent D2.

Actually it is too bad they are not D2. Both Dane and Christian would like to show the 'Stangs what they can do when Dane isn't playing with a broken foot and sprained ankle.

wildstangs
10-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Actually it is too bad they are not D2. Both Dane and Christian would like to show the 'Stangs what they can do when Dane isn't playing with a broken foot and sprained ankle.

Nah, we dont mind not seeing them again! :)

Chief Woodman
10-30-2004, 09:29 AM
hehehehehe

creditcard
10-30-2004, 10:43 AM
so he really had that many yards and td's in 3 quarters???.......all i can say is holy mess....thats freakin awesome

neck_06
10-30-2004, 12:00 PM

Keith7
10-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by neck_06

Chandler Dane 13-25-0-350

Which raises a question Chief, what does thier 2nd reciever's stats look like???

would Decatur be able to function if Christian went down (knock on wood) or some how held in check????

huarache18
10-30-2004, 12:52 PM
He was awesome last night in the 1st quarter he had the same grab twice nearly in the same place on the field..

Leopards,class of 75
10-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Wow, that is really amazing! The Eagles look like the team to beat this year. I had a cousin played on the Eagles last year as a r.b. and now is at S.M.U. Good luck to the Decatuer Eagles in 2004!!!

Bigbuck
10-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Little Elm played man on man coverage on Christian, Don't know what they were thinking. Christian just made the great catches and Dane put the ball where he needed to.

Decatur has other great receivers, Jones big and strong, tough to bring down and Brandon Cobb which is another good receiver. Also RB Devin Godboldt had 11 carries for 185 yards. Alot of weapons on offense. :thinking:

Keith7
10-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bigbuck
Little Elm played man on man coverage on Christian, Don't know what they were thinking. Christian just made the great catches and Dane put the ball where he needed to.

Decatur has other great receivers, Jones big and strong, tough to bring down and Brandon Cobb which is another good receiver. Also RB Devin Godboldt had 11 carries for 185 yards. Alot of weapons on offense. :thinking:

any team that has a 300 yard passer could have a little girl run for 100 yards for them.. if someone can stop Christian, then they can be beat

Bigbuck
10-30-2004, 01:36 PM
True a good passing games does open up the running game. But this kid can truly is a good runner has great moves and quick speed. Just giving credit to a kid that doesn't get much attention.

tmac
10-30-2004, 07:30 PM
bc is the man at wr

tmac
10-30-2004, 07:35 PM
i wouldnt underestimate the runnin back of decatur D money million(godboldt) has tore all his oppostion as well

wildstangs
10-30-2004, 07:57 PM
I dont know if anyone can stop Decatur. However they ran into trouble on a very windy night (correct me if I am wrong Decatur fans) last year against Vernon. Seems like the wind was a huge factor, and the Eagles were picked off something like 3 or 4 times.

Bigbuck
10-30-2004, 10:28 PM
yeah wind played a part in that game, but you have to deal with conditions on the field.

Thanks Tmac, Godboldt is the real deal, I hope they can pull it off this year. This group of seniors has only lost one regular season game since 7th grade. Go Eagles:devil:

Chief Woodman
10-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Lets remember...ANY team can be beat.

Every team that goes deep into the playoffs has to have a little luck as well. Decatur has had some bad luck the last two years in the playoffs. But give credit where credit is due....sweetwater 02 and Vernon 03 were both VERY good teams. Yet both of those games were not decided until in the final minute of play.

Decatur could fall again this year. They have good talent, coaching and hustle. It will still take a little luck to go all the way.

There have already been a couple of games where Christians numbers were not all that outstanding this year when teams doubled and tripled himn. Those nights Dane just went to someone else and the wheels just kept grinding. Godboldt can get as many yards as any other back. If you see him play in person you will never say he is just average.

Dane, Christian and Godbolt are legit all-state players.

Underwater Basketweaver
10-31-2004, 11:36 AM
I would have to agree with what most are saying on here. If Christian were stopped, it would be more difficult for Decatur, but Dane has shown the ability to hit any receiver he wants when Christian is being covered. Dane is very intelligent and understands the game. He won't let himself get beat because he is throwing into double coverage. This should be obvious by the fact that he has only 1 interception all year. That is still his most amazing stat.

If you haven't seen Godboldt play in person, you are missing out on one of the greatest shows in 3A football. He may be the hardest kid to tackle in the whole state. He isn't very big, but he makes up for it and more with speed and moves like you have never seen. By the way his numbers in the paper for this week were off. He actually had 202 rushing yards in the game, as well as a 65 yard kickoff return.

Bullaholic
10-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
I would have to agree with what most are saying on here. If Christian were stopped, it would be more difficult for Decatur, but Dane has shown the ability to hit any receiver he wants when Christian is being covered. Dane is very intelligent and understands the game. He won't let himself get beat because he is throwing into double coverage. This should be obvious by the fact that he has only 1 interception all year. That is still his most amazing stat.

If you haven't seen Godboldt play in person, you are missing out on one of the greatest shows in 3A football. He may be the hardest kid to tackle in the whole state. He isn't very big, but he makes up for it and more with speed and moves like you have never seen. By the way his numbers in the paper for this week were off. He actually had 202 rushing yards in the game, as well as a 65 yard kickoff return.

It's going to be a lot of fun watching Godboldt and Colin Jones compete for the rushing title next year. I think Godboldt is stronger, but I think Jones is faster. Next year's Bull-Eagle game should be a 2-half affair. By the way, I am betting, and hoping the Eagles win the D1 title---another feather in the N.Texas football cap. Best of Luck, and I will probably be at some of the Eagle's playoff games, if the Bulls drop out. Right now, the Bulls have to beat Ranchview this week to be able to slip into the playoffs. 3-7 ain't going to impress anybody in the playoffs, but you guys know we have our moments and maybe we'll get enough good quarters put together to get a couple deep in the playoffs.

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2004, 04:32 PM
Heck, I want to see Godbolt vs. Jones at the 7-3A track meet in the spring... should be a great race!

Chief Woodman
10-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Heck, I want to see Godbolt vs. Jones at the 7-3A track meet in the spring... should be a great race!

The problem is that Godboldt is at full speed in 2-3 steps. Pulls away with that burst, but true 100 meter guys can catch him after they hit stride at about 65-70 yards. Does Jones start off at full speed or does he sort of build up?

Bullaholic
11-01-2004, 10:51 AM
The problem is that Godboldt is at full speed in 2-3 steps. Pulls away with that burst, but true 100 meter guys can catch him after they hit stride at about 65-70 yards. Does Jones start off at full speed or does he sort of build up?

Chief.....Colin is pretty quick to the hole, but his speed is very deceptive. It looks like he is not moving that fast, but he is. One Castleberry player called him a "gazelle". I'd say his style is more like a Gayle Sayers rather than a Walter Payton (I certainly am not saying he is in that league yet). Colin makes smooth moves at blinding speed, and justs runs away from defenders.

tmac
11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Next year godboldt should be the centerpiece of another high powered offense

huarache18
11-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Chief.....Colin is pretty quick to the hole, but his speed is very deceptive. It looks like he is not moving that fast, but he is. One Castleberry player called him a "gazelle". I'd say his style is more like a Gayle Sayers rather than a Walter Payton (I certainly am not saying he is in that league yet). Colin makes smooth moves at blinding speed, and justs runs away from defenders.

Ya, he is quick to the hole, but he didn't look that fast running through the line, I guess he looks for blocking?

gbizzle_9lion
11-01-2004, 11:23 AM
we(castleberry) held christian to only one catch for 22 yards and a td(over me) but dane only threw for 165 yards that game i dont remember who other than godboldt that caught passes but there other recievers are pretty good also

gbizzle_9lion
11-01-2004, 11:28 AM
and godboldt is a hard fast runner who is very illusive and wont hesitate to lower his shoulder he didn't those yards just cuz dane passed for a million yards he is truly an awesome back

tmac
11-01-2004, 11:29 AM
not sayin yall arent good but we had an off game and shouldve won by alot more

Keith7
11-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by tmac

uh oh, there is that cocky attitude that Burnet had last year maybe i was wrong :eek:

black&blue
11-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by tmac
tmac, im sure all the decatur players appreciate you backing them up but a win is a win and Castleberry is probably better than you give them credit for

gbizzle_9lion
11-01-2004, 09:35 PM
thank you black&blue finally somebody realizes that wa are better than they think yeah maybe they didn't play their best game ever against us but thats not the only reason we held christian to one catch we work our tails off to attempt to contain him and dane and only if we could of contained godboldt and finish off drives in the first half it would of been a little closer not much though we came out the second half and were shut down by decatur's under rated defense but that was like a month ago who cares now

Underwater Basketweaver
11-02-2004, 08:05 AM
I'd really like to see you guys over at Castleberry show us how underrated you are, and go beat Little Elm and get in the playoffs. I don't have a lot of love for the Lobos. They are a good team, Castleberry will have to be at the top of their game this week. You guys did a good job of containing Christian and Dane. Again I think it is a good example of Decatur's versatility. Everyone keeps saying that if you stop Christian you can beat us, but maybe people should ask Castleberry about that.

Anyway, Good Luck Castleberry. Beat Little Elm this week and prove it to everybody.

tmac
11-02-2004, 11:44 AM
i hope they appreciate it but im not tryin to please any1,and i never said castleberry was a bad team or anything of that nature i said this and quote me decatur had an off game and i even said not sayin yall arent good,so sorry if in someway that is offensive which it in no way is, but i was there and i know that decatur couldve played better.....meaning they had an off night passing wise.thanks basketweaver

mustang04
11-02-2004, 05:50 PM

i wish they could play again...in fact..i wish i could go back to my junior year when we beat yall, maybe then have our runnin-back who quit at the beginning of the season play, the score woulda been alot different i think...but i still dont think the mustangs would back down from the eagles IF they got to play