PDA

View Full Version : Rice Raiders 24 - Sealy 14

elhs
10-29-2004, 10:53 PM
The Raiders came out with a big Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We beat Sealy on their HOME TURF!!!!!

Way to Go Team we are so proud of you.

Go Big Blue!!!!! You played great!!!!!!

They did it Jett!!

elhs
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
ttt

JettJenkins04
10-29-2004, 11:00 PM
One more to go and it will be a done deal. District Champs and 5-0 for the first time in school history.:D

elhs
10-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Thats right Jett !! one more. Check your messages.

Raider4ever
10-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Oh man what a game. I also have a question for anyone who knows anything about the UIL. I was wondering who runs the scoreborad for a game? If it is the home town I think that should be changed no matter where it is (And mabey have an offical keep the time clock that way we have no "ACCIDENTS". I know some time keepers make mistakes, but not like they did tonight in sealy. For example: There was about a 15 yard pass play down field incomplete and only 1 second ran off the clock and this all came during the 4th qt. Also Another example the time keeper didn't start the clock until about 5 seconds into the play then ran off 5 seconds.

Also there are some more things I didn't like to much about Sealy's play. I can understand that kids get so pumped up about the game that sometimes they just can't stop. But when your players start trying to knee the quarter-back that had just finished his run thats really uncalled for. There where many more just really uncalled for plays by Sealy.

But other then that a really good game from what I saw. Both teams left it all out on the field.

GO RAIDERS!!![

rhs78
10-29-2004, 11:25 PM
great win raiders,one more for district champs. keep up the good work

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-29-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure there is an official keeping the scoreboard. Most just do a pretty crappy job. .:rolleyes:

Anyways, good game boys...keep it up and stick it to them brahma's next week!

CheerMom
10-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Great game guys!!! One more and ya'll are District Champs!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bellville22
10-30-2004, 01:03 AM
I expected this game to be pretty close (I predicted 22-14). Sealy has a terrific run defense, and it showed tonight keeping a potent Rice offense in check most of the night.

This sets up a huge week in D20 next week, with Bellville traveling to Rice, and Sealy to Navasota. If Rice and Navasota don't get upset, then there is no playoff controversy, but if Bellville or Sealy were to win, it will create ties either for the championship or for 3rd place, and could get very interesting.

What a week it will be, I can't wait!

fullhouse
10-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Congratulations to the Raiders. It was a heartbreaking loss for the Tigers, but I'm VERY proud of the effort our boys put forth last night. This IS the Raider's year.... alot of talent there. I'm very impressed with the fans as well ~ the stands were full and the crowd was full of energy. I LOVE to see a good crowd that backs their team. As for Charles and Jay ~ all I can say is "WOW". Can those boys run, or what???? Good job boys and best of luck to you down the road.

Raider4Ever ~ it's true that it is an official that runs the clock. We weren't happy at all times either.

Crow22
10-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Great job Swampboys! Proud of ya!

Coach P

CheerMom
10-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

CheerMom
10-30-2004, 04:09 PM

scotty
10-30-2004, 04:15 PM
DIST. 20-3A PLAYOFF SENERIO:
It is my understanding that Rice is in the playoffs no matter the outcome of their match-up with Bellville.
Bellville is in no matter the outcome of their game with Rice…unless Sealy defeats Navasota by exactly three points.
If that happens then Bellville, Sealy and Navasota will all be tied for second place and all will have the same positive points. The playoff teams will then be decided by coin flip with the odd team out.
If Navasota defeats Sealy, the Tigers will be out and Rice, Bellville and Navasota will be in.
If Sealy defeats Navasota by more than three points the Rattlers will be the team left out with Rice, Bellville and Sealy in.
If Rice, Navasota and Bellville represent D-20-3A Navasota will be Division I; If Sealy gets in then Bellville would be D-I.
If Bellville defeats Rice the Brahmas will be the district's top seed.
This is the way I understand it.

Bellville22
10-30-2004, 08:36 PM
If that's right 'scotty', thanks. Everything makes sense to me, I've never been able to figure all the tiebreakers.

Go Bulls!

Raider Nurse
10-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Way to go Raiders!!!! We are proud of you!!! Now take it on to next week against the Brahmas!!! You can do it!!! Go,Rice!!!! Thanks for the great game on Friday night.:clap:

fisher67
10-31-2004, 09:30 AM
This should be a very good ballgame. Fans remember last year's game. Rice will probably come out on top, but had better watch out for the RUNNING OF THE BULLS!