PDA

View Full Version : [Final] Gilmer 22 Pittsburg 18

Buckeyeman
10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
A thriller in Pittsburg. The Buckeyes come back from trailing 12-0 at the half to win.
District champs for the 4th year in a row and 2nd straight undefeated regular season. 23-1 the last two years!

Goldenstick
10-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Gilmer probably needed a close game for once:D

Buckeyeman
10-29-2004, 10:53 PM
True. I think it may help them in the playoffs.

BALLER69
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
MABY GILMER IS NOT AS GOOD AS SOME PEOPLE THINK

Buckeyeman
10-29-2004, 11:00 PM
I guess we'll see how good they are come playoff time. They have next week open. Two weeks to prepare for the Bi-District game.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Pittsburg played their Pirate hearts out tonight.

Gilmer was flat the first half. Pitt was sky-high. Pirates did the only thing that works against the Buckeyes. They controlled the ball and kept it out of Manuel Johnson's hands. It was a brilliant game plan executed brilliantly. Hats off to Coach Terry Waldrep.

Second half Buckeyes came back. Daniel Dodd, probably our best defensive player, was out due to illness. But that doesn't take anything away from Pittsburg. They played well enough to win.

Gilmer put together a 94-yard drive and finally went up 15-12 with about 5 minutes left, but Pitt came right back and made it 18-15. But the Buckeyes answered back and held Pitt on downs. They played like champions when it counted.

I have never been more proud of a team than I am right now. They did what it took to win. This was a high school football classic. Everyone will remember this game for many years to come.

Buckeye80
10-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Gilmer probably needed a close game for once:D

That is an excellent point. I think the benefits of playing a game like this at the end of the season are far-reaching. All of a sudden our kids can say, "Well, I guess we aren't quite as good as we are in the newspaper. Maybe every team we play isn't going to just roll over and play dead." This will be a very valuable experience for the playoffs.

My hats off also to the Pirates; what a whale of a game those kids played!:clap:

If I was Daingerfield, I would not overlook Pitt in the first round of the D2 playoffs. Although the Tigers beat Pitt pretty handily the first time the teams met, the team I saw last night did not look anything like a 3-5 team. They've pulled some things together.

Well, I have to go to work, but we'll talk about this later.