PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 26 Huffman 15

pantherpop
10-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Very good ballgame. I don't have any idea what this does to the playoff picture.

Goldenstick
10-29-2004, 10:35 PM
If Liberty makes the playoffs, they will be the big school rep!

pantherpop
10-29-2004, 10:39 PM
No way. Liberty has the second smallest school in this district. Huffman, Barbers Hill , Cleveland, and Splendora all have higher enrollments.

Goldenstick
10-29-2004, 10:40 PM
You're right, I thought I saw where they were the biggest!!

eagle08
10-29-2004, 11:14 PM
This sets the stage for a big game between Liberty and Barbers Hill next Friday. The district champ will be determined. If Liberty wins they are the district champs outright, quite an accomplishment with a 4-6 record ( if they beat BH ). If BH wins there will be a tie for the district champion between BH and Huffman. Huffman would still be the D1 representative and BH and Liberty would be the D2 reps. If BH wins it looks like they will probably play Hamshire Fannett ( 3rd place team from district 24-3A )and Liberty will probably play Bridge City ( 2nd place team from district 24-3A ). If Liberty wins then Liberty will play H-F and BH will play Bridge City. Huffman will still play WOS. This is what it is looking like anyway.

sahen
10-30-2004, 12:17 AM
well....since Cleveland lost 12-13 to Splendora tonight (talk about an inconsistant team, loose to Tarkington, beat Liberty and then loose to Splendora) Huffman, Liberty, and Barber's Hill all will go to the playoffs, with Huffman going D1..Liberty's streak will stay alive even with what could end up being a 3 win season, amazing...

Eagles52
10-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Congrats Liberty on a huge win setting up a showdown at The Hill this next Friday. I look forward to the challenge of a tough team that will of course step it up even more to play BH. Great win and thanks for at least the shot now to regain at least a share of the District Championship if we are able to win next week.

RBARKER
10-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Well I was at the game tonight and saw a very fast Liberty Team. Huffman just could not contain Liberty tonight. Huffmans QB killed them tonight just could get the ball to his target. Next week should be a good one at BH I can't wait.

falcons79
11-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Congrats Liberty, you won this one fair and square, you guys were ready for us and it showed. Good luck this week at BH.

Panther Ross
11-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Do you play ball for huffman or are you a parent or something.

falcons79
11-01-2004, 11:52 AM
I am a parent of a player....

Panther Ross
11-01-2004, 11:56 AM
What number and position did he play.

falcons79
11-01-2004, 12:21 PM
He is number 79, he played right tackle and in the second half went in on defense also. He is the big one that came out at the first of the game for the coin toss. Are you a player and what number are you?

Jody
11-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Falcon79 sorry missed you at the game. We drew quite an interest wearing our BH shirts and hats....LOL

You all have a great fan base........really supportive of your team. I was also impressed by the support for BH when the Liberty Announcer stated "Liberty vs. BH next Week". There were a lot of people yelling that Liberty was going to get killed......too funny considering our rivalry.......:D

I am not sure why, but Liberty just seams to have Huffman's number.......our's too sometimes. Hopefully we can stop their run next week and beat them really bad to avenge your loss.

Good luck in the playoffs! I am certainly glad we don't draw WOS first round. We are rooting for you in that one....trust me!

falcons79
11-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by eagle08
This sets the stage for a big game between Liberty and Barbers Hill next Friday. The district champ will be determined. If Liberty wins they are the district champs outright, quite an accomplishment with a 4-6 record ( if they beat BH ). If BH wins there will be a tie for the district champion between BH and Huffman. Huffman would still be the D1 representative and BH and Liberty would be the D2 reps. If BH wins it looks like they will probably play Hamshire Fannett ( 3rd place team from district 24-3A )and Liberty will probably play Bridge City ( 2nd place team from district 24-3A ). If Liberty wins then Liberty will play H-F and BH will play Bridge City. Huffman will still play WOS. This is what it is looking like anyway.

Please explain how liberty would be district champs outright, if they win wouldn't huffman and liberty be co-champs since we will have the same district record?

Hupernikomen
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
you are right falcon. it would be shared with all those with the same record.

RBARKER
11-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by falcons79
Please explain how liberty would be district champs outright, if they win wouldn't huffman and liberty be co-champs since we will have the same district record? If Huffman beats Cleveland then Huffman will share the district title regardless who wins the BH/ Liberty game. But if Huffman gets upset the district title will go to BH or Liberty out right.

Panther Ross
11-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by falcons79
He is number 79, he played right tackle and in the second half went in on defense also. He is the big one that came out at the first of the game for the coin toss. Are you a player and what number are you?

Awesome.... I was right guard and went against him #56. Strong, strong big boy.

pantherpop
11-01-2004, 07:24 PM
That #79 was awesome. Big ole boy and he could play also. When they put him and that other big boy at the defensive tackle spot it slowed our running down for sure. I work with alot of people from Huffman so there was alot of talk going on at work, even had a couple of them come sit by me at halftime of the game. Good luck against Cleveland this Friday cause for some reason they sure looked good against us. They have some size also.

theonly11
11-01-2004, 08:10 PM
shouldnt liberty get the title outright if they beat BH because they beat huffman head to head or is that not how it works?