Cuero 21 Yoakum 14 FINAL

Goldenstick
10-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Looks like this was a good one!!!

44INAROW
10-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Looks like this was a good one!!!

Wow, it was a good one. Yoakum is a really good team..and their coach Jesse Crow is one animated individual and remembering what Phil posted earlier, that's all I am going to say about that subject:D

creditcard
10-29-2004, 10:45 PM
it was 14-0 at halftime and then cuero stunk it up in the 3rd quarter and finally put it away in the 4th

Goldenstick
10-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I said it on the WO-S message board weeks ago that Cuero would end up regular season #1 if they could get by Yoakum

gobbler grad
10-29-2004, 11:03 PM
It was really a great game, even though Crow had the refs intimidated from the get go. When he stuck that finger in his face I would have thrown a flag, but they didn't. Oh well!! 9 AND 0 with Edna left and it's playoff time.

WAY TO GO MEAN GREEN:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

rhs78
10-29-2004, 11:35 PM
goog job CUERO,goog luck in playoffs against W_C

creditcard
10-29-2004, 11:50 PM
I HOPE CUERO DOSE NOT HAVE TO PLAY AT MEMERIOL STAIDIUM ITS A CURSED STAIDIUM:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bd62
10-30-2004, 12:07 AM
creditcard give yoakum some credit. they made some adjustments and played a damn good 3rd. qt. . yoakum shot themselves in the foot the entire 1st. half and a good team like cuero took advantage. that was difference in game.

CheerMom
10-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Great job, Gobblers!!! Good Luck and make some noise in the playoffs!!! Play safe and injury free!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

44INAROW
10-30-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Great job, Gobblers!!! Good Luck and make some noise in the playoffs!!! Play safe and injury free!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Thanks, you too Cheermom.... nice win tonight

creditcard
10-30-2004, 09:56 AM
OK yoakum played a good 3qtr :clap: ::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

creditcard
10-30-2004, 10:39 AM
sorry that was my freakin queer friend flourhead posting on my name which is at my house.....this is the real creditcard now.......i do give yoakum credit they fought back like we knew they would in the 2nd half

CuErO's BiG "O"
10-31-2004, 03:51 AM
i have to admit yoakum is a good team. they just werent ready to play the best team in 3a. they had good plays especially their passing ones but they couldnt handle our boy larvell roy. now that hes broken a thousand hes goin for two maybe even more.

bd62
10-31-2004, 09:59 AM
i think the difference in the game was cuero passing game. the q.b. is an excellent passer. by far the best q.b. i have seen this year. he makes big plays when he need to. also it helps to have that very good offensive line protecting him.
i have seen columbia and cuero play and if possible(yoakum not playing at same time) i plan on seeing that one. going to be a awesome game to watch.

underware
11-01-2004, 08:19 AM
I was very dissappointed in Cuero Coach Reeves. In the Victoria Advocate he was quoted as saying Yoakum has " a 1000 trick plays." I think Yoakum did one "half back pass? He can't even give any credit to a good team. I personally don't think Cuero is a No. 1 team in the State. They DO have some great players. I don't see them getting passed the Region.

IHStangFan
11-01-2004, 08:20 AM
WOW.....i knew that one would be good!! anyone know how the Yorktown-Refugio game turned out??

44INAROW
11-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW.....i knew that one would be good!! anyone know how the Yorktown-Refugio game turned out??

Refugio won, I think it was 28-21........ sounded like a really good game

chugbug
11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Maybe Cuero has been reading their own press. Maybe they are not as good as they think they are. :eek: :eek: :eek:

scrub c
11-01-2004, 11:00 AM
AP #1
you got to be doing something right

GOFOR2
11-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by underware
I was very dissappointed in Cuero Coach Reeves. In the Victoria Advocate he was quoted as saying Yoakum has " a 1000 trick plays." I think Yoakum did one "half back pass? He can't even give any credit to a good team. I personally don't think Cuero is a No. 1 team in the State. They DO have some great players. I don't see them getting passed the Region.

This guy gives none of his opponents any credit.
He must think he is God's gift to Texas High School Coaches.
Could it be that maybe other teams prepare well for his team, or could it be that maybe Cuero is not as good as he thinks. With a one-dimensional running attack that has faltered since its encounter with Sinton, look for Cuero to be pulling out the Basketballs in two weeks.

crabman
11-01-2004, 01:30 PM
When Reeve said that Yoakum had a thousand trick plays, it was a figure of speech. Don't you get it? Also there was more than just the one halfback pass. You didn't see the guard lined up at wide receiver? #64 I think it was. He didn't report in as eligible and Cuero covered him leaving another eligible guy open.
Anyone who thinks Reeve takes anyone lightly just doesn't know Reeve. I have never seen any coach give the other team more respect than Coach Reeve. He is already talking about Edna. They are a team of really good athletes that for one reason or another has not put it all together yet. He wants to make sure that they don't put it together against us this week.
For anyone who thinks that teams don't gun for Cuero every week, just ask anyone from Yoakum where their offense came from this week. They have been working on it and saving it just for Cuero. All of the people I spoke with from Yoakum had not seen that offense. That is what being #1 does for you.
Speaking of #1, no one on the team, no coach, and certainly not Coach Reeve ever speaks of Cuero being #1. A bunch of sportswriters who have never seen us play have us ranked #1. It means nothing. I don't know if we are #1 or not. I don't really think so because I can see so much room for improvement. If I can see that then I can only assume there is somebody out there who has put it all together and could beat us on some nights. There are times though when we do look really, really good. The first half of Yoakum was one of those times. This is rambling a bit but I wanted to touch on the referees before I leave. ON both sides of the ball, this was one of the worst refereed games I have seen. Yoakum had ineligible receivers catching passes. We got away with offensive pass interference a couple of times. Guys lined up offsides all night long never getting called. Reversal of a pass interference that was ruled uncatchable when the ref said the ball landed 6 yards out of bounds. It was on the ten o'clock news and the ball landed in the end zone. I just don't know what game these guys were watching. But it was bad both ways. We get a San Antonio crew so I am sure the 5A and 4A programs in and around San Antonio get first choice of refs and the outlying 3A and 2A games get leftovers. This game was bad, though.

underware
11-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Boy, oh, boy. I have to agree with you on this one Crabman. Those refs really stunk. On BOTH sides. I guess you really can't see everything, but when it happens right in front of them and they don't call it? Oh, well. I'm feeling much better.

/over and out.

Flourhead
11-01-2004, 05:01 PM
cuero's offense is not on dimensional... we could play like decatur and kill people but thats not how reeve plays... he calls plays to keep the score low and the game moving... he doesnt care if we score 60 points... all he cares about is winning... and i really cant believe you're saying all we have is a running game:hand: matt was 18 for 25 for over 200 yards and 2 tds against yoakum...

44INAROW
11-01-2004, 05:15 PM
The game next week should be a good one. Sometimes silence is golden. :cool:

Flourhead
11-01-2004, 05:17 PM
i'm not saying anything about cuero the rest of this week...

Flourhead
11-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Coop is now down to ONE crutch... everything is going great and he'll be 100% for next season

bd62
11-01-2004, 10:11 PM
coach crowe twicks his offense based on the teams he plays. you are not going to make hay running at cuero because they are very strong from tackle to tackle.a few traps works in second half but not for long. the motion sweeps worked untill cuero adjusted.
so its more of adjusting to teams he plays than just being cuero.i have not see a dist. game we have played that he did not have some differences. for example against gonzales we ran a lot between the tackles because that was there weak spot. passing attack also depends on the team we play. i am sure cuero does the same. they passed more than they have because of the matchups . so it works both ways.

creditcard
11-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
This guy gives none of his opponents any credit.
He must think he is God's gift to Texas High School Coaches.
Could it be that maybe other teams prepare well for his team, or could it be that maybe Cuero is not as good as he thinks. With a one-dimensional running attack that has faltered since its encounter with Sinton, look for Cuero to be pulling out the Basketballs in two weeks.

how are u gonna say he doesnt give anyone credit........right now instead of talking about west columbia and not worrying about 0-9 edna he is talking about all the good players that edna has.....and by the way we are not one dimensional......if your gonna say that obviously u must have no clue who matt schumacher is.......and our running game hasnt really faltered we just wanted to throw more so matt could get 1000.....lol.......u just dont know how dumb u sounded when u said all that stuff about reeve and about how we are one dimensional.....

creditcard
11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
but then again u must know everything there is to know my bad

Flourhead
11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
yeah general schumacher has over 1000 yards passing and the team has around 2000 yards rushing