PDA

View Full Version : Graham/Vernon Score?

GSteer
10-29-2004, 09:09 PM
nm

VWG
10-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Lions lose at home. Graham 21 Vernon 13
I don't have any info. on the game, just made a phone call.
For Graham to go into Vernon for the second straight year and come out a winner is impressive, especially without their best player out for the season with a knee injury.

Macarthur
10-29-2004, 10:19 PM
That is impressive for Graham.

VERNONLION#1
10-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Lions lose at home. Graham 21 Vernon 13
I don't have any info. on the game, just made a phone call.
For Graham to go into Vernon for the second straight year and come out a winner is impressive, especially without their best player out for the season with a knee injury.

Here are some stats that you might find interesting.
First Downs- V 20 G10
Yards Rushing- V 50-168 G 35-168
Yards Passing- V 9-15 127 G 0-2 0
Vernon missed 1 pat, failed to score inside the 5 yard line in the 3rd quarter and missed a field goal. In games like this and especially against Graham you can't do that and expect to win. It will be a good matchup with IP@Graham.Just my 2 cents worth.

GreenMonster
10-31-2004, 10:17 AM
I heard the Lions caught the fumble bug again and caughed it up a few times against the Steers. Can anyone corroborate this?

VERNONLION#1
10-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I heard the Lions caught the fumble bug again and caughed it up a few times against the Steers. Can anyone corroborate this?
We fumbled the ball 3 times but didn't lose any. We had a pass intercepted and returned for TD which was probably the turning point in this game. Defensively we played very well as you cantell by the stats.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-31-2004, 11:44 PM
Of course this was another great game between two good teams. I though that Vernon looked a lot better on offense. Just had some key plays that didn't go their way.

Key Plays of the Game
1) The Pinkston interception of Vernon's Schur screen pass and returned for a TD. I'm not sure if that was a overthrown ball or if the play took too long to develop or if Pinkston just made a good play on it.

2) The play of #62 for the Steers. #62 blew up plays all night. Even though Vernon did move the ball well, #62 had pressure on Schur all night.

3) The call of interference on #2 when he intercepted a pass. That was critical in this game. I think it was a bad call and by looking at the picture that was in the paper today I can't see how they called that, but that's how it goes. Was huge though.

4) the scrambling of Louder on the punt for a first down. Looked like the snap was high, Vernon rushed in to block and Louder couldn't get the kick off so he ran it. Vernon lost contain and he made a 1st. That led to a Steer TD.

5) Bad clock management by the Lion Coaching staff in the 2nd and 4th qrts.

Vernon could have won this game had one or more of those above key plays been negated.

Vernon made some nice pass plays but it was only by the grace of God that several of those catches were made. The short passing game looked good, but the long pass isn't there.

Graham's passing game was non-existant. They will have to continue to work on that as the playoffs come forth.

Graham has a lot of speed and it showed as #12 took an option pitch for about 55 yards and a score.

Just a really good game to watch. IP graham will be another good game. It will be tough for the Hawks to stop that rushing attack. It will be hard for the Steers to stop Swenson. Ip will get some long passes on Graham. I bet this one turns out to be a high scoring affair.