PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City over Orangefield 36-0

Old Cardinal
10-05-2002, 11:15 PM
Bridge City finally looks like the lines, both O & D, are playing as a team. It was interesting, with a 21-0 score very early,we saw all the bench getting to log time. There were even JV players in the game before halftime. The JV game was canceled this week because of the Hurricane and so they dressed them out for the OF game. OF just might be the third team making the playoffs out of this District. Personally, I think that BC will have a cakewalk through the rest of the District. Barber's Hill will be a good foe in Bi-District; however, I think you will see Bridge City playing Jasper for the Region III quarter-finals Championship in the third Post-season game.They are not ready for Jasper yet, but they are sure taking to Coach Tarver's changes-like a duck to water. And a lot of guy's are logging valuable time in Varsity game situations.

<small>[ October 05, 2002, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

3ABirdMan
10-05-2002, 11:26 PM
Old Cardinal-

You and I see the substitutions, and know why. I belive we understand Coach Tarver's reasoning. Do you think anyone else gets it? Do you think the poll guru's and number jockeys know what's happening, or care, or can allow for it? I wonder how much respect it costs us when we don't put the expected number of points on the board, and let the other team score a little.

Are we #1? No Way! Close to the top? I think so! The guys looked REAL tonight, against a team that I think is going to surprise some folks.

sinton66
10-06-2002, 12:01 AM
Congratulations Cardinals! Data Poll had you by +9 over Orangefield. Expect to take a big jump on that poll at least. wink

bccards
10-06-2002, 01:06 AM
poor Kountze, I'm sure that most of you know what im talking about.. They're in for a looooong time in a few weeks as it seems..

Bobkat
10-06-2002, 01:12 AM
Good game tonight Cards! Yall simply whipped us from the get go and we could never get anything going tonight on both sides of the ball. Yall outplayed, outcoached and outmanned the Cats tonight in a game that clearly didn't show what type of team we have this year. It's funny that the last two years we've had below average teams in Orangefield that have played the Cards tough. But this season we truly have a solid football team and we get blown out of the water. Go figure!!! Needless to say we didn't come out to play tonight and it showed in our performance. It's tough enough when you have all week to prepare for the caliber of offense that Bridge City has, but when you only have two days that makes it extremely tough. Our kids were out of position all night and just flat out didn't make any plays on defense. Plays that we have been making all year. When you take a team like Orangefield that is not as talented as Bridge City, you have to rely on good coaching to get you where you need to be to make plays. That didn't happen tonight, and the Cards ran right us with they're misdirection attack. Hopefully our kids will learn from this and we can get back on track next week. Go Luck Cards the rest of the season and playoffs. Hopefully we can make the playoffs as well.

exbccards76'smom
10-06-2002, 08:31 AM
bccards:
poor Kountze, I'm sure that most of you know what im talking about.. They're in for a looooong time in a few weeks as it seems..All I ask is that the boys be kind when playing my old alma mater!!! I may have went to school there, but MY heart beats CARDINAL RED! :D

FBmania
10-06-2002, 09:17 AM
Great job BC CARDS! Hey 3a birdman, I wouldn't even worry about the polls. They really don't mean squat come playoff time. BC looks like they are rolling now as does HF. It's looks like the OF/ANA game will decide the 3rd playoff spot in your district! Good luck the rest of the year!

RBARKER
10-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Old Cardinal, congrats on BC's win.In your post I always see you talking about BC playing Jasper well I hate to tell you but, Barbers Hill is no Orange Field so dont think that BC is going to skip its way to Jasper. To reach Jasper you will have to get through BH and probally Elgin. Both of these teams are capable of beating BC.

Old Cardinal
10-06-2002, 03:15 PM
You could be right Mr. Barker, but I have seen BH play two games and I have seen BC all season. BC has the much better team at this point, even though I like what I see over at BH..... Reasons: #1, Robert Melich and Charlie Verrett will put Perry Carrington out of the ballgame if he trys the middle standing straight up. In fact they will pancake him! #2 BC causes fumbles and BH tends to fumble too much already. I think these to factors alone will give BC the nod over a very worthy team from BH. Have you seen BC play? Or you just assuming a comparison.

exbccards76'smom
10-06-2002, 03:33 PM
Robert and Charlie will be asking him what kinda syrup he wants if they get a chance!! eek!

classof 85
10-06-2002, 04:44 PM
I really don't think O-fields coaching is poor , in fact I think they have a pretty good coaching staff and will agree that they are better than they showed last night. The only thing that will probably come out of the game will more than likely be a wakeup call just like BC got from Newton. Yeah I know it's a district loss but you guy's are still in the playoff hunt and Good luck !

Bobkat
10-06-2002, 07:06 PM
Class of 85...I agree with you. We have a very good coaching staff this year, we just got outcoached last night. I like our coaching staff, I just don't think we were ready to play last night, and a lot of that has to do with the short week due to the storm. Also getting ready for Bridge City in a regular week is tough enough, but coach Tarver and his staff were one step ahead of us all night last night. The Cards made it a point to stop our ground game and for the most part they did. We haven't had to throw the ball all year but last night we needed to and we didn't until it was to late. It seemed Bridge City knew what play we were running all night and we never ran any misdirection, reverses, nothing to keep them honest. I'm not disappointed with our team or coaches, just disappointed with our focus and game plan last night. Good Luck Cards...do district 21-3A proud...I'm just sorry we didn't give yall a better game.
:confused:

Old Cardinal
10-06-2002, 09:28 PM
To BobKat: This is the time when OF will have to gather their resolve and put this behind them. I don't think anyone prior to the game would have thought Bridge City would use the quick hitters from tackle to tackle as their major strategy! That momentum-plunge football is just what they needed to fill out their dance card. Now they can play a multi-dimensional football game. I personally liked the efforts of OF's- Micheal Mazzola #89, Luke Agerton #20, John Derr #28, and Williams. I think that it was just unfortunate that BC finally has put teeth into the New Offensive and Defense that Coach Tarver is teaching, and OF caught the full thrust of all that hard work. I feel that many of us folks from BC land will have the delight of seeing our good neighbors in the Division II playoffs.

RBARKER
10-07-2002, 08:02 AM
Old Card, No I have not seen the BC team play this year. I could speculate who would win the BC, BH match up until I’m blue in the face but we will not know until the two teams meet. Just remember when you are on here ranting about BC's team. Baseball :D

QBKilla
10-07-2002, 10:06 AM
Old Cardinal, what makes you think that yall's offense could get anything going against us? With the a few offensive move overs the defense has really tightened up the past two weeks. I believe BC would have an equally tough time getting anything started. I guess we will just find out in 6 weeks.

Old Cardinal
10-07-2002, 04:04 PM
That's why we play the games!..... Mr. Barker, I was haunted by a statement that you made about Elgin? Whoever wins this Bi-district, to me, shall face a team from Navasota. Navasota whalloped Elgin 24-7 and Elgin whipped Bellville 24-17. Now Bellville is fair they slam-dunked a Rice team by 28 points. Maybe it will be Elgin, but I would think it will be a depth laden 4A drop down called Navasota that has played some undefeated good 4A's in preseason.