PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield vs West Orange-Stark

X Man
10-28-2004, 10:47 PM
West Orange finally gets to play their next door neighbor. Orangefield's record is not indicative of the scrappy team they are, and they are sure to bring their best game to the West Orange Corral this Friday night. Should be a good game.

Port_town_texas
10-28-2004, 11:35 PM
WO-S by 60+

Hey Orangefield,

better hope Hooks doesn't want to have a late nite practice or it could get REAL ugly at the Corral Friday.:D

WOS92
10-29-2004, 06:06 AM
I doubt Hooks would let the score get that ugly. Usually, once we're up 30+, we just run it up the middle until the clock runs out. I'm just hoping for a win.

Bobcatfan4life
10-29-2004, 07:52 AM
You would think that we would have gotten beaten easily by some of the bigger schools we played this year (Lumberton, LC-M, Galena Park) but actually we seem to play better against teams nobody gives us a chance to even come close to. We lost to Lumberton 7-0, LC-M 19-14, and only lost to still unbeaten Galena Park 28-20 on the last play of the game. What i'm trying to say is the drive seems to be there against much larger schools and we have hung with these teams that were supossedly going to roll over us. We will come ready to play our best game of the year tonight.

ej2525
10-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Good luck to both teams... I hope it doesn't get ugly!!

Hupernikomen
10-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Orangefield was very competitive in the recent past and seem to have fallen off some this year. I take it graduation hurt?

setex
10-29-2004, 09:53 AM
WO-S will be on cruise control.

According to WO-S they will be short one player
Mascot punched after game (http://www.wo-s.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1251)

Hamshire's Witness (http://www.trianglefootball.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001060)

Bobcatfan4life
10-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Orangefield was very competitive in the recent past and seem to have fallen off some this year. I take it graduation hurt?

We only returned 3 starters on both sides of the ball. All the experience these young guys are getting this year will pay off the next few years.

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Wo-S by 40

GS#17
10-29-2004, 05:47 PM
One thing I am sure of is that OF will give us a great effort tonight. They've got a lot of fight left in the tank, and I know their fans will be there in full force.

Goldenstick
10-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Close prediction there SCOOTER!!!!

WO-Stark 56
Orangefield 0

Stangs roll!!!!!!!!!!

WOS1
10-29-2004, 11:26 PM
The Mustangs roll again... Kenneth Beasley is a walking highlight reel. Speed killed OF tonight. OF had 25 yards offense.

The Bobcats gave a valiant effort and never quit fighting. They are taking their lumps right now, but are learning valuable lessons and will be the better for it next year... keep your head up Cats!!

WOS92
10-29-2004, 11:34 PM
WO-S played well without our starting RB, Earl Thomas. Orangefield played tough but couldn't contain or get around the Stangs' speed.

stangs4life
10-29-2004, 11:37 PM
While WO-S played a good game, you gotta give it to the Bobcats because they didn't give up. I have heard that they are young team and unfortunately that seems to hurt them now, but I think that all teams go through that once in awhile (I know we have). The good thing is that as someone stated, the experience that these young people acquire will definitely pay off.

And Orangefield, another thing...on more than one occasion your players displayed great sportsmanship! Thank you!

PS. The band played some really good music too!!!:D

X Man
10-30-2004, 03:27 AM
Well, after they got a good lead, hooks had the boys keep it on the ground, and up the middle. Trouble is, OF could not contain a draw play up the middle. The score could have easily been in the 70's. The 3rd string QB was taking snaps by the third quarter. I think all the players got called on tonight. And, just like I said, OF never quit, they just did not have an answer for WOS speed. Also, I understand there are a lot of sophomores playing this year, as they lost 8 starters on both sides of the ball, at graduation last year.

Port_town_texas
10-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Close prediction there SCOOTER!!!!

WO-Stark 56
Orangefield 0

Stangs roll!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!:D