PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs Wimberley, 8th grade A

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2004, 10:33 PM
First, I must say, it has been quite a few years since I have been so embarrassed by some of the fans in our stands. It was the most overwhelming display of poor sportsmanship I've seen in a while, mainly by a large extended family. Granted, some of it was understandable, such as when the kids running the chains turned around to our fans, one of them showing us with his fingers several times that we were number 1 - or something similar. For the most part, though, it was uncalled for. My oldest was able to attend and stated that actions like that really looked good for our kids.

Now to the game. The Wimberley team played a great game. The QB has quite a bit of skill and should develop over the upcoming years into a really good one for the Texan team. He can scramble & has a fairly decent passing arm. But, as good as they were, they could not contain us. #55, great job blocking - you're part of the reason our backs can get the yards they get. Sorry you didn't get to play on defense. Final score, 24-10. Great job, boys & coaches!

I know the 8th B team won as well. Freshman game was starting just as we left to come home. JV scoreboard was just turned off right before we got there, so I don't have results of any other games.

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2004, 11:09 PM
If anyone knows results of the 7th, Freshman or JV games, please post them.

TXNRPTR
10-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Both Wimberley 7th teams won.J.V. from wim also won 17-6

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks so much. Any idea how the Freshman game turned out?

TXNRPTR
10-28-2004, 11:52 PM
When I left L Hill was up by 6 , 24-18. Wimberley just fumbled and Lhill was moving down field. I got hungry and fed up with th edorks in stripes, they ruined the game for both sides, so I left. I felt bad for all the kids, when you have to play the game and worry if you are going to be flagged for something that you didnt do, then it takes the fun out of the game.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2004, 12:07 AM
See, I was not going to go there. But I totally understand where you're coming from. My 8th grader was a little frustrated after the game over the same, so I basically let him vent for a couple of minutes and he was better.

Thanks for the info on the games. :)

Keith7
10-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Hey i noticed you were interested in Junior High football.. look at what one of my friends from UT sent me.. he is a recruiting director on campus there and he sent me this list of top junior high prospects, due to them being in junior high they are only legally allowed to use numbers now not names but here is the list.. i thought u might be interested

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/8990/jhprospects.jpg

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Wow! I certainly am interested & thank you for letting me know! I just hope he can live up to this early reputation. :)

Bookworm
10-29-2004, 08:39 AM
JV
Wimberly 17
LH 6

44INAROW
10-29-2004, 08:49 AM
WOW LH MOM that is quite impressive......... pretty cool to see too isn't it? :D