PDA

View Full Version : Coldspring 20 Hardin 12 final

BHtheHILL
11-15-2002, 11:27 PM

BHtheHILL
11-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Glad to see you Trojans taking care of business. Hopefully the Eagles will finish the district sweep tomorrow night. Where you at Trojan dad. Tell us about it.

5inchtaint
11-16-2002, 12:48 AM
GOOD GAME COLDSPRING!!!!!!!!!!and hardin but glad to see my district bros takin it home!

RBARKER
11-16-2002, 12:53 AM
Great job Trojans good luck in the next round

trojandad
11-16-2002, 11:24 AM
FBMania, you shoulda eaten a few bites with us. I saw this motley bunch of guys walkin around with blue letter jackets on, thought it might be Hardin players, and brought them over and fed them spiked sausages......don't buy that one, huh? LOL Sure enjoyed those kids. Men. Whatever I should call them to not offend. Attitudes or no, they were a joy to be around and fun to talk football with. We're gonna do the same before next week's game. Come early with an appetite.

As for the game. Gotta be positive for the W's, no matter how ugly. My son and I were counting our blessings till 4 this morning. When you have a team down 20-6 in the first quarter without any silly mistakes on the other team's part, it should turn into JV playing time. Yes, I'm about to say it, but I think it has to do with being crunked and focused. Ok, well since we haven't figured the "crunk" thing yet (lol) It's obviously focus. Lost 4 fumbles, only one due to a solid hit. Others just OOPS fumbles. And the three we didn't lose ended drives and caused punts. As I told the BH guys this year, we fumble 4 times a game all year, be it BH or Tarkington, Liberty or Huffman. Hit or not hit, we run first, hold the ball second.

Leodis is amazing, you're right. We haven't returned a kick for a touch in a few games because people had pretty much quit kicking to us after so many returns in the early part of the season. I guess Hardin got lulled to sleep on our lack of returns. But not only has Leo returned them, our fullback we lost has, our middle linebacker who is now our fullback has, it's just wild.

You have definitely hit on our biggest problem, touches. Our starting fullback was second to Perry in yardage this year, he's good and has several breakaways this year. A 100 yd game outa Darius is nothing. Leodis is amazing. Curtis Adair, #22, is averaging almost 10 yds a touch for the season as the 4th back. But ask anyone who plays and each will tell you that #33 is the man. Cat Daddy is his childhood nick (Tauren Lagway). Until this year he has been the featured back in the offense. This past summer he ran two 4.265 40's, one behind the other. He goes sideways faster than forward. Last week was the first game since scrimmages that he touched the ball more than 5 times in a game, he ran 12 times for 111 yds and 2 td's of 35 and 48 yards. It's a good problem to have, too many good people needing touches.

A bunch of Trojans told me last night they were going to be at the game tonight. I predicted a 22 3-A sweep and it's gonna happen. Gonna catch the Newton game first, we might have them in two weeks if we can crunk ourselves (lol). Hope to see you there.

I have one question for you about last night's game, if you would. We're close to the situation, so we wanted a set of outside eyes to comment. And please be completely honest, we're not looking for red herrings. Could you notice a difference in the play calling of the second half from the first? Will be interested in the response. If you didn't please say so, it's cool. Objectivity is always good.

I believe the secret to you guys taking BC is keeping the tempo. If your defense can keep you close enough to continue to call the pace of the game in the 4th, I think you'll be home free. If you have to play hurry up in the 2nd half it might hurt. Y'all control tempo well, and that means more than most realize, I think. Our first half tempo changes in the second half many times, and it makes the guys feel different about the game in a way they can't put a finger on and they get lost in their play. I watched it in our game with y'all and it could be key tonight with BC.

Ok, win tonight so we can all be back here next week listening to how the Panthers can beat the Cincinnati Bengals (lol). Just pullin your legs guys, we're proud of you for showing 22 3-A well. We haven't been looked on as strong as a district all year (geez I sound like I'm moaning, maybe it's a district thing, lol) and after tonights win by the Hill, all three of us will HAVE to be in at least the top 50, there will be fewer than that many teams still playing. LOL