PDA

View Full Version : any big rivalry games friday

gbizzle_9lion
10-28-2004, 08:33 PM
i was just wondering if there were any big rivalry games friday i know last week was the "7-3A rivalry week" we had the "battle of big sandy" and what us guys at castleberry called the "battle of jacksboro highway"

esphs
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Big Big Big rivalry Friday night at Wildcat Stadium- Palestine vs. Westwood! This is going to be a big game! I believe it is the first time the two teams have every played in a district game- they have competed before, but only in scrimmages. Big cross town rivals- only about 10 minutes from each other! Big game!

yoemenkracker30
10-28-2004, 10:06 PM
in 19-3A, the district championship is possibly on the line, down in Rockdale for the 50th annual battle of the bell. Cameron and Rockdale are both undefeated in district with 2 games left. Should be a good one.

CS_WILDCATS
10-28-2004, 10:49 PM
we take on crystal city. they are our biggest rival since the 50's. we probably won't make the playoffs this year but we can play spoiler by beating crystal city. this is a hated rivalry, i'm talking about throwing stones at each others buses, leaving dead mascots on the front steps of the school (cats and javalinas), to straight out cheap shots on the field. most of the kids know someone from the other team and some are even related which makes it even more personal. this is a game where records go out the window. all that matters is beating the other team.

scrub c
10-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Cuero vs Yoakum,

dont know if they call it anything, but it is big.

cjeffsjeep
10-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Cuero and Yoakum the biggest one in the district. I had a girlfriend from Yoakum and every year befor this game we would get in to a fight and break up and we were not even in high school any more

bird07
10-29-2004, 09:17 AM
since silsbee moved down in 3a i think this is the beginning of a big rivalry because we are doing good this year and we are playing pretty much for district championship.