PDA

View Full Version : playoffs-Rockdale and Cameron

rockdale80
10-28-2004, 08:13 PM
I am confused about something. If Rockdale is 5-0 in district with Cameron and Caldwell left...And Cameron is 5-0 in district with a win over Caldwell already. How has Cameron not clinched a playoff spot as well. Makes no sense to me.

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 08:50 PM
because. Rockdale has already beaten Hutto head to head. So if Hutto wins out and Cameron loses out (one loss would be to Hutto) then both Cameron and Hutto are 5-2 BUT Hutto would advance because even though they lost to Rockdale, they beat Cameron head up and since Caldwell would likely be 6-1, the victory Cameron had over them would be irrevelant because Caldwell is 6-1 not 5-2 therefore not in the "tie breaker." It's all confusing but if Cameron loses tomorrow and Giddings beats Hutto, they are in regardless because one more loss by Hutto and they are out no matter what and the three reps would be Caldwell Rockdale and Cameron. If Rockdale beats Cameron, Caldwell beats Rockdale, then you have a three way tie for first as Cameron beat Caldwell so all 3 teams would be 6-1. Funny how the UIL works no?

chs_cheer06
10-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Rockdale, Caldwell, and Cameron have all pretty much clinched a playoff spot... If Rockdale beats Cameron this week and Caldwell beats Rockdale next week then we'll all be tied for first... Who does Cameron play next week?

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Hutto. If all goes as planned yes all 3 are set but you never know what will happen. If Cameron beats Rockdale tomorrow I'm REALLY thinking of going to see the Caldwell/Rockdale game next week as they (Cameron) should have no problem w/ Hutto. Where will the Tigers/Hornets play at?

chs_cheer06
10-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Hutto. If all goes as planned yes all 3 are set but you never know what will happen. If Cameron beats Rockdale tomorrow I'm REALLY thinking of going to see the Caldwell/Rockdale game next week as they (Cameron) should have no problem w/ Hutto. Where will the Tigers/Hornets play at?

Rockdale comes to Caldwell. Going to be a big crowd!

rockdale80
10-28-2004, 09:17 PM
ahh...thought hutto had no chance of making it...the X factor....should make things interesting if they win tomorrow...might set up a good game with cameron...their backs being against the wall and all

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
yeah it would but since Cameron wins tomorrow night it won't too much make a difference huh?

rockdale80
10-28-2004, 10:57 PM
that we shall see....

RTX 14
10-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
yeah it would but since Cameron wins tomorrow night it won't too much make a difference huh?

still pretty sure of team there hu, guess we will find out tommorow when we go to war

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 11:18 PM
well, it's not like I'm gonna get on here and say "Yeah, I know since Rockdale is gonna beat us and all." If I felt Rockdale was the better team, I'd have no problem saying so but I just feel Cameron's offense is too much for Rockdale to keep up with. We'll see and if I'm wrong I"m wrong but for now, I stick to my guns.