PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer

Gsquared
10-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Ive seen them this year and yes they havnt play the best schedule so far but I promise you boys and girls, they are for real. The defensive line is the best ive seen from 4a down. One of them, rolls into a two tech. for the most part, can shut down a whole side. This D line can knock the O line back or stand em up and the line backers just go on a frenzy. The d backfield is quick. Now, offensivly, ive seen better but they are still pretty good. In a nut shell, Gilmer is the real deal. Man, id love to see Gilmer vs Decatur. What a slobberknocker that would be. I think Gladewater is going to beat Mineola and send Gilmer D2 though.

Bullaholic
10-28-2004, 03:12 PM
You and I are on the same page, Gsquared. Did you see PPHSfan's thread "Gilmer--Receipe for Success"?

Gsquared
10-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah, thats where I came up with the brilliant idea for this post. :D Can you immagine the crowd at a Gilmer/Decatur game? I think it could get close to the crowd at the Forney/Everman game a few years ago at Pennington.

Bullaholic
10-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I think this is one matchup everybody would like to see happen...just hope one of em' doesn't get knocked off before semis.

Gsquared
10-28-2004, 03:34 PM
If Gilmer goes D2 theyd have a good matchup with Tatum I think. Havnt seen Tatum yet but thats who im going to see tomorrow so I should have a better idea as to what they have. If Gilmer goes D1 I think the biggest test out of D1 will be either Kennedale, or Royse City maybe and I dont see them having much of a problem with those two. Looks like Decatur has already beaten all if not most of their regional foes in pre-district.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-28-2004, 03:48 PM
I agree. Gilmer will be the only real test for Decatur at least until the State Game. If Gilmer goes DII, watch out they may just roll it up.