PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City #1 ranked Cross Country team getting better.

Old Cardinal
10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Well I checked out the composite times for 6 states HS teams over in the Southeast USA and at present 3A BC would rank #2 over that way in best composite times.
Yesterday at the local District meet the Varsity boys swept the FIRST SEVEN SPOTS-#1 Aaron Brannen, #2 Randy Becker, #3 Brad Mason,#4 Brad Heath, #5 Chris Peart, #6 Garrett English, #7 Brent Higgins, #8 Dustin Crume, Hamshire-Fannett, #9 Dan Ly, Orangefield, #10 Leon Mendizabal, WO-S
In the boys JV, BC swept the competition with the first 4 spots, followed by a #9 spot.
GIRLS
The BC Varsity girls ranked #4 in state, easily taking 6 of the top 10 spots. The girls JV also won first place, placing 3 in the top four spots.
I have never seen a bunch of youth with such dedication and positive team effort... Cong'ts Coaches Knight and Miller

BuckW
10-28-2004, 06:22 PM
thats just amazing how you can have all that talent in one town.

Hupernikomen
10-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Well I checked out the composite times for 6 states HS teams over in the Southeast USA and at present 3A BC would rank #2 over that way in best composite times.
Yesterday at the local District meet the Varsity boys swept the FIRST SEVEN SPOTS-#1 Aaron Brannen, #2 Randy Becker, #3 Brad Mason,#4 Brad Heath, #5 Chris Peart, #6 Garrett English, #7 Brent Higgins, #8 Dustin Crume, Hamshire-Fannett, #9 Dan Ly, Orangefield, #10 Leon Mendizabal, WO-S
In the boys JV, BC swept the competition with the first 4 spots, followed by a #9 spot.
GIRLS
The BC Varsity girls ranked #4 in state, easily taking 6 of the top 10 spots. The girls JV also won first place, placing 3 in the top four spots.
I have never seen a bunch of youth with such dedication and positive team effort... Cong'ts Coaches Knight and Miller

What site were you getting your info. from? I saw where BC was eight at the prestigous round rock invitational while competing in the gold division, which is reserved for the best of the best. That was an awesome achievement for a 3A team going up against the best 4A and 5A teams in the state. Good luck in regionals and state this year. It is BCs for the taking this year.

Old Cardinal
10-28-2004, 08:46 PM
To BuckW: I think it is a talent that is developed. I know that Lockhart the #1 team in 4A has a host of kids, both boys and girls, that run 18 miles every day. The Coach follows on a bicycle or if it's raining he drives a pickup truck behind them-- LOL.
In BCs case the boys finished in the first seven spots in district and the next spot #8 was 40 something seconds behind the last varsity runner who finished in the #7 spot. BuckW, if you see these BC kids working out you would admire their total dedication... There are a lot of Moms and Pops that will not have to worry about college cost; as the 4 year scholarships will be awarded to many students. The JV are also very young and quite gifted, I don't see any letup for several years on this program. It would have been interesting had BC been able to let the Girls Varsity and the Boys JV run against the rest of the District Varsity teams.

Eagles52
10-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Barbers Hill's Cross-Counrty team has been doing very well also and as far as I know (admittedly I'm not very knowledeable about this sport) the next round of competition will be essentially between BC and BH