PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v. Columbus What do you think?

Pudlugger
11-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Collier - Sharpe has it close with LG by 6. Both teams have great defenses. It should be close, but I have to go with the Leps, too many weapons on offense. What do you think? :)

Brahma73
11-14-2002, 07:24 PM
I've seen C-Town play a lot this year. Strengths are defense against the run and the punting game. That lefty can kick the hell outa the ball. But if you stop their run you stop them. Offense is very one-dimensional. Richter and Hanus are about it.

Alexander (QB) below average passer and will make bad decisions under pressure (hint...!) Didn't make the Columbus-Navasota bout, but I still can't believe Cardinal point total. Turnovers were a big plus for Columbus I heard. One returned for TD.

If Tony's D shows up, I think the Leps will be okay. I expect them to win by 14. Sure hated to see you guys leave 23AAA. We had a good rivalry going! We'll have to pick up our old Sealy grudge now. Good luck to you guys!!!!!

Bellville22
11-14-2002, 07:38 PM
I think this will be a great first round game. These teams are just down the road from each other, so you don't have to worry about lack of motivation, as both of these teams would love to knock off the other. I also don't think you have to worry about LG looking past the Cards. Defense will certainly be on display. Haven't seen the Leps this year but I'm sure Tony still has some boys with speed and still believes in the option. I think defensively C-town can match up with the Leps, but like it's been all season, the offense is the question( although they did put up big points on a pretty stingy Navasota D). And LG's D will be as good as any they've seen I'm sure.

Should be a great game, I'm gonna go with the boys from Columbus riding an emotional high after clawing they're way into the playoffs, and capitalizing on a few key turnovers for a big upset.

Columbus 14, LaGrange 13

Brahma73
11-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Hey 22! You're commentary sounds amazingly familiar. Check you personal messages sometime, Money. The superintendent will be impressed you're going with the Cards. They'll have their work cut out with a weak passing game, but that's why they play 'em.

How about them Ags?!?!?!?!?!

Donkey41
11-14-2002, 09:26 PM
I sure hated to see you guys leave Region 4 we were kinda looking forward to another 2nd round game against you guys. Last years ass whooping kinda embaressed us, especially after loosing by 1 in 2000. Good luck against Columbus I think you will win by 14 or 21.

BVarsity03
11-14-2002, 11:12 PM
I am going to have to take the Cardinals on this one, they just came out on top against a pretty good Navasota team. Both these teams have good defences but, I dont think La Grange wont be able hold back the Colombus Offense, on a close game. I take the Cardinals 21 - 14

Pudlugger
11-15-2002, 08:41 AM
BVarsity03:
I am going to have to take the Cardinals on this one, they just came out on top against a pretty good Navasota team. Both these teams have good defences but, I dont think La Grange wont be able hold back the Colombus Offense, on a close game. I take the Cardinals 21 - 14I saw the Columbus - Navasota game. Columbus has a big Defense strong and physical. Their offense is not bad either. However, going on common opponents and relative scores, I still like La Grange by 10 points. La Grange's D held Sealy to 9 in their victory over the Tigers(really 7 since 2 were from a safety due to a bad snap on a punt) and Sealy beat the Cards. La Grange beat Elgin at Elgin. Bellville lost to Elgin and beat Columbus big in a shut-out. Tonight the Leps go head to head with a very capable team and if they play like they have been the past 9 games, with focus and intensity, they will win. :cool:

buffalo booster
11-15-2002, 09:19 AM
LG should win this one by 21. (More if Tony V wants to run it up in the 4th.)

Giddings lost to both teams. But, against Columbus, we were without our starting QB, TE, and 2-3 other starters. Game was still close and Columbus didn't impress. Against the Leps, we had all our hosses and played about as well as we have all year. Got beat by three TDs.

LG running game will dominate this one.