PDA

View Full Version : With Sinton -vs- Ingleside this week....

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 10:29 AM
and all the hub-bub in district 30-3A, the battle for the district championchip, the speculation of who will battle for 2nd.....etc....here are some stats just for fun!: i'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how this all pans out!

these are all AREA stats....couple of districts thrown in here:

Rushing:
Dixon, West Oso: 138/1249/19tds/156.1yds/game
Franco, Sinton: 141/1249/27tds/138.8yds/game
Webb, Ingleside: 112/1080/13tds/135.0yds/game
Robles, Aransas Pass: 99/823/11tds/102.9yds/game

Passing:
Webb, Ingleside: 126att/50.8%/1085yds/8tds/135.6yds/game
Benavidez, Mathis: 122att/41.0%/903yds/6tds/112.9/yds/game
Ramirez, Sinton: 111att/54.1%/927yds/4tds/103.0yds/game

Rcving:
Adams, Ingleside: 19rec/445yds/5tds/55.6yds/game
Johnson, Ingleside: 19rec/310yds/3tds/38.8yds/game
Sarate, Mathis: 15rec/248yds/2tds/31yds/game
Stacy, Ingleside: 16rec/230yds/2tds/28.8yds/game

now THOSE are some pretty good numbers....and WHO says South Texas Football is weak?!!?

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 10:56 AM
bump!! come on guys...lets get some support goin for South Texas Football!!

District303aPastPlayer
10-28-2004, 11:04 AM
i honestly think that Franco is probably the best all purpose back in So Tex rightnow

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i honestly think that Franco is probably the best all purpose back in So Tex rightnow i would have to agree w/ you there. those are some impressive numbers....ive seen one place that said 27 tds..and another said 28! :eek: w/ those kinda numbers...i'd think that D's would key on him..but obviously that hasnt mattered much.....hats off to that young man! i'm sure we'll see him in the All-Star game!

sinton fan04
10-28-2004, 11:24 AM
I agree he is a hell of a RB, he could of had more TD if they didn't pull him out in the 3rd quarter of the Mathis and Aransas games and the entire 2nd half of the goliad.

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 11:26 AM
yeah, but i respect that when a team is up big, we've done it once or twice ourselves. the thing i like about the Mustangs this year is that they are well rounded on offense. the D sometimes needs time to wake up.....as in the Mathis game...Mathis came out and kept up w/ the Mustangs until the D decided to show up...then they scored only one more time and the Mustangs kinda pulled away. If Ingleside cant at least slow Franco up....its gonna be a long night for the Mustangs...that much i DO know.

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 11:33 AM
question: is Franco a pretty big guy for a RB? or is he just that fast? or both maybe?

Ranger354
10-28-2004, 11:49 AM
I think the reason he has such success is his speed and the ability to change direction at full stride.

One of the AP boys had the angle on him on a long run and he gave a little stutter step move that put the defender on his back and then he just went on by.

We had a guy name Marcus Charles a few years back that had those moves too.

Collins is the POWER.

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
I think the reason he has such success is his speed and the ability to change direction at full stride.

One of the AP boys had the angle on him on a long run and he gave a little stutter step move that put the defender on his back and then he just went on by.

We had a guy name Marcus Charles a few years back that had those moves too.

Collins is the POWER. yeah, i remember Charles, him and Ruiz were awesome

District303aPastPlayer
10-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I think the reason Franco is so good is that he is able to stop on a dime. He is more shifty than Charles, but Charles had more speed. Collins is just a bruising back that will put you on your back. . .

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
I think the reason Franco is so good is that he is able to stop on a dime. He is more shifty than Charles, but Charles had more speed. Collins is just a bruising back that will put you on your back. . .

I wouldn't go that far! Chalres put the f in shifty! Franco is good, really good, but Charles had it all! Your forgetting how many punts and kick-offs he returned for TD's on moves alone. He also caught quite a few TDS and played defense. He could have played div. I if he'd had his head on straight!

99IHSMustang
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
I wouldn't go that far! Chalres put the f in shifty! Franco is good, really good, but Charles had it all! Your forgetting how many punts and kick-offs he returned for TD's on moves alone. He also caught quite a few TDS and played defense. He could have played div. I if he'd had his head on straight!

What did he do? Got into trouble or didn't keep up with his grades? Now a days college scouts are not just looking for pure talent alone. They want someone who is going to be able to pass all of there classes too.

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
What did he do? Got into trouble or didn't keep up with his grades? Now a days college scouts are not just looking for pure talent alone. They want someone who is going to be able to pass all of there classes too.

Your so right!
Let's just say he didn't have the drive!

sinton fan04
10-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Franco is like 5 '10 165 lbs, he looks small in the huddle but he's not that small, I didn't think a guy of his size could move like him.

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Franco is like 5 '10 165 lbs, he looks small in the huddle but he's not that small, I didn't think a guy of his size could move like him. pretty good sized kid. will he be running track this year?

pirate4state
10-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
pretty good sized kid. will he be running track this year? Yes :clap:

SINTON81
10-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94

I agree with you Sinton94, I think Chalres was in a league of his own.

COACHCOACH
10-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Franco is not a jaw dropping physical specimen. He is about average size for a back, but makes up for it with his vision, speed, and strength. He runs very smooth with the ball and makes very precise cuts. He is an upright runner who has the ability to run with his eyes. His speed is what allows him to take advantage of his smart cuts and beat defenders to the endzone. He is a shifty back with great hips and leg drive. He is also solid and very strong. What many people fail to realize is the reason Sinton beats so many people is because they out muscle them. Even the smallest guys on the Sinton team are dedicated to the program and the weightroom. The weakest guy on the Sinton team is usually comparable to the strongest on their opponents. It comes down to a vigorous work ethic and sense of discipline that is instilled in the players in the offseason. Afterall, that is when Sinton wins the district title.......in the offseason.

Phil C
10-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Franco is great! Charles was also a great running back and his senior year was the year Sinton went to State. Franco also does good in other sports also. Charles also played good basketball for Sinton and was on the 440 relay team that got second place in state. Also Charles was an important base runner on the 2002 Sinton baseball team that won state. Man he could run those bases fast!