PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale vandalizes Cameron's facilities.....not a good move

cunbed10
10-28-2004, 07:41 AM
I think the coaches try and get the players pumped up for a big game. On another board, I read that Rockdale threw weiners on the oYe track, and singled out a few players with spray paint. If the coaches from Yoe High didn't do this, and the kids from Rockdale did, then that's got 2 b the stupidest thing a team can do, you don't give the other team fuel.

Dogman
10-28-2004, 08:13 AM
I hope kids from Rockdale didn't do it. Last night most of the kids and some of the fans were at the Pep rally. I remember a couple of years ago some yoeman students vandalized RHS and spray painted all over the brick walls at Rockdale High School. Rumors around were that the kids from Cameron could not be identified. I also remember a "R" being burned on the yoeman field before the game.

When it happens at either campus it is just classless.....Play the game on the field......

RTX 14
10-28-2004, 08:19 AM
yeah i really doubt anyone from rockdale did this, at least not any of the players

Old Tiger
10-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
I think the coaches try and get the players pumped up for a big game. On another board, I read that Rockdale threw weiners on the oYe track, and singled out a few players with spray paint. If the coaches from Yoe High didn't do this, and the kids from Rockdale did, then that's got 2 b the stupidest thing a team can do, you don't give the other team fuel. How can you say a the team did this when it could of been people from Cameron. After all it was Cameron guys who vandalized the gym.

cunbed10
10-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
How can you say a the team did this when it could of been people from Cameron. After all it was Cameron guys who vandalized the gym. Leon just say if they did, I didn't convict anyone, read the statemnet carefully, and slo yo roll!

jason
10-28-2004, 08:21 AM
I read that Rockdale threw weiners on the oYe track, hehe....that seems harmless and hilarious lol...

olddawggreen
10-28-2004, 08:25 AM
I think the coaches try and get the players pumped up for a big game. On another board, I read that Rockdale threw weiners on the oYe track, and singled out a few players with spray paint. If the coaches from Yoe High didn't do this, and the kids from Rockdale did, then that's got 2 b the stupidest thing a team can do, you don't give the other team fuel.

Don't rule out the possibility that the vandalism was done by some of Yoe's own students. A year or two ago Burnets field was vandalized before one of the games by some one who wrote our opponant's name on the score board and tore up some flags and things around the field. (As I remember, the mispelled the name :rolleyes: ) I understand that it was descovered that the damage was done by one of our own students that didn't care much about football or football players. You never know.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-28-2004, 08:30 AM
None of the players from Rockdale's football team had their hand in this.

cunbed10
10-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
None of the players from Rockdale's football team had their hand in this. I just don't C someone from another school going to their rivalry school, and not getting caught, buy police, school official, or students it just doesn't seem possible.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Well, we got out of football practice and then went and ate and reported to the field about 45 minutes later. The game belongs to the players, not the fans. Stuff like this shouldn't happen.

RTX 14
10-28-2004, 08:35 AM
yeah i agree with cunbed, especially during the week of the game

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 08:56 AM
the stuff w/ the gym actually happened over the summer. It was just a bunch of stupid ....how should I put this...more fortunate "these kids would never do anything like that" students. I laughed as the reports rolled in as to who they were but because of who they were, nothing happened and everyone was made to forget about it and move on. Had it been black kids, hispanic kids or lower income white kids, they'd been made a spectacle of but the ones that got caught never even spent a night in jail from what I understand and though they supposedly have to pay back for damages, they got off easy. The stuff w/ Rockdale....who's to say who did it. I had actually thought the rivalry had died down over the years because it's been so one sided. Guess I was wrong.

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 09:00 AM
for YEARS this was the norm before the Ingleside - Aransas Pass game...painted statues, vandalized cars, stadium, and it went both ways.....hell one year....Aransas Pass' game was going to be on TV that week....so the Ingleside BAND of all people went over to the AP field and bleached a big "I" and "go Mustangs" into the field.....and as i watched that game on tv...i remember thinking "damn...look at that..you can SEE it" [shakes head] damn whippersnappers!!

olddawggreen
10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
None of the players from Rockdale's football team had their hand in this.

Hey Big Blue, I knew it couldn't be any of the football players, too much pride. In our case it turned out to be some of the anti everything skate board crowd.

Bandera YaYa
10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Well, we got out of football practice and then went and ate and reported to the field about 45 minutes later. The game belongs to the players, not the fans. Stuff like this shouldn't happen. Hey, back in 2002, I lived and breathed football.......IT WAS MINE!!!!!!!! :D

olddawggreen
10-28-2004, 09:35 AM
I just don't C someone from another school going to their rivalry school, and not getting caught, buy police, school official, or students it just doesn't seem possible.

Actually back in the 70's 80's and early 90's it used to happen every year between Burnet and Marble Falls. Every year kids at each school would try to burn down the other's bon fire amoung other things. It really got out of hand. I think it kind of came to a head when some Burnet students hung a horse head from the Marble Falls Mustang's flag pole in front of the school. (the horse was already deceased when it was removed) I think it was probably good that Marble Falls moved up to 4A when they did. Things were allowed to cool down for awhile.

Phil C
10-28-2004, 09:36 AM
I remember one time when I was at Freer High our freshmen had gathered wood and was ready for a bomfire. The night before it got burned down and everyone blamed Hebbronville (our opponent that week) and used it to fire the team up. Ironically it turned out (and this was found out by me two years later) it was done by two Freer HS students who were trying to fire the team up (or at least their justification). The next day the freshmen worked hard and built an even bigger one. They got out classes to do it and bragged how they got out of class even though I am sure they paid for it in Mr. Bates' science class. :)

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I remember one time when I was at Freer High our freshmen had gathered wood and was ready for a bomfire. The night before it got burned down and everyone blamed Hebbronville (our opponent that week) and used it to fire the team up. Ironically it turned out (and this was found out by me two years later) it was done by two Freer HS students who were trying to fire the team up (or at least their justification). The next day the freshmen worked hard and built an even bigger one. They got out classes to do it and bragged how they got out of class even though I am sure they paid for it in Mr. Bates' science class. :) ah...the good ole days when we could still have bonfires. that was half the fun....riding around in pickups looking for things to burn, sleeping on tailgates parked around the wood pile to insure it wasnt burned..... good memories.

olddawggreen
10-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I remember one time when I was at Freer High our freshmen had gathered wood and was ready for a bomfire. The night before it got burned down and everyone blamed Hebbronville (our opponent that week) and used it to fire the team up. Ironically it turned out (and this was found out by me two years later) it was done by two Freer HS students who were trying to fire the team up (or at least their justification). The next day the freshmen worked hard and built an even bigger one. They got out classes to do it and bragged how they got out of class even though I am sure they paid for it in Mr. Bates' science class. :)

I remember at least two years that our bon fires were lit up early by some of our students that had helped build them, of coarse I had nothing to do with it :eek: . It was blamed on Marble Falls, and even though they tried to do it, they weren't able to. Man it fired up the school and the whole town. It seems everybody turned out to rebuild it and it was twice as big as before. :D

Cameronbystander
10-28-2004, 09:56 AM
1) For anybody that REALLY wants to know about the Battle of the Bell, there is a 30 page insert in this week's Cameron paper that covers all 50 years of the rivalry. It includes an all-star team for both Rockdale and Cameron (can you believe that Billy Pittman is not on it).

2) The boys that messed up the gym will still be held acountable. One has admitted his involvement and has paid back at least one third of the cost to repair. I believe the others have been or will be charged and convicted . All accused except one are friends of my son (who was in Mississippi when the damage was done) and I personnally was surprised when I found out who was involved.

cunbed10
10-28-2004, 10:01 AM
This really has ole Leon wanting to go to Rockdale just 2 C the Game Now!

Cameronbystander
10-28-2004, 10:23 AM
If you go, you better get there very early because it will be standing room only. I predict it will be four deep standing room anywhere you can find a place to stand.

I wish I could go but I will be calling the Rogers/Salado game in Rogers.

Mustang '89
10-28-2004, 11:01 AM
The game belongs to the players, not the fans.

I'll bet $20 your coach gave you that line!!!

keep_it_real
10-28-2004, 11:26 AM
lucky for me, my friend lives right behind the stadium and we are all meeting there from austin and college station around 2 or3 and barbecuing, then around 5:45 we are walking up to the field......

keep_it_real
10-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I would like to see the write up in the cameron paper about the battle of the bell history, I know rockdale s newspaper was working with cameron on this together, is it all the same or different?

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Heh...I haven't seen the paper yet and I don't know who made the all star team but I personally think Kal Kelly & Paul Johnson were better that Billy. Not taking anything away from Billy but Kal was just a total package in running and had alot better accuracy. Paul was just the total package.

RTX 14
10-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by keep_it_real
I would like to see the write up in the cameron paper about the battle of the bell history, I know rockdale s newspaper was working with cameron on this together, is it all the same or different?

its in both papers and its the same

blue3
10-28-2004, 12:48 PM
How can you put ROCKDALE vandalizes the facilities on the title of this thread? When nobody knows who has actually done this. That just not right, you're making Rockdale look bad for no reason.

CHS_CG
10-28-2004, 01:39 PM
I saw in the paper the week after we played Giddings that thier field houses and stuff were spray painted with stuff like CHS.. and the swarm is coming.. and appently some stuff that was vulgar. Now this being a small town of less than 3500 ppl.. you would think something like that would get around.. but I havent heard anything about it except what the paper said. So I dont know if it was players students or Giddings ppl. who knows?

cunbed10
10-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Heh...I haven't seen the paper yet and I don't know who made the all star team but I personally think Kal Kelly & Paul Johnson were better that Billy. Not taking anything away from Billy but Kal was just a total package in running and had alot better accuracy. Paul was just the total package. Well I can vouch for Paul Johnson, I saw him and Billy pittman, and hands down Pual was a true QB Billy was an athelete.

Cameronbystander
10-28-2004, 03:04 PM
The All-Star QB's for Cameron are Mack McKinney (64 -65) and Paul Hoelscher (81 -82).

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 05:02 PM
cool, I won't get the paper til tomorrow can you post the team?

Old Tiger
10-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by keep_it_real
I would like to see the write up in the cameron paper about the battle of the bell history, I know rockdale s newspaper was working with cameron on this together, is it all the same or different? It's Rockdale and Cameron combined.