PDA

View Full Version : Region III District Picks

Jody
10-27-2004, 01:06 PM
I took a stab at picking these. What four teams, even if not listed, do you think will make the Region III Area Games?

# 24
Div I - WOS
Div II - Anahuac (bacause the other 2 eligible teams have a tougher schedule, both playing WOS)

# 23
Div I - Huffman
Div II - BH

# 22
Div I - Silsbee (by default in a weaker than normal district)
Div II - Jasper

# 21
Div I - Palestine
Div II - Diboll (by default in a weak district)

# 20
Div I - Navavasota (better than they get credit for)
Div II - Bellville (not sure about this one)

# 19
Div I - Manor
Div II - Cameron Yoe

# 18
Div I - Mexia (maybe)
Div II - Marlin

# 17
Div I - Waco Connely
Div II - China Spring

southern_thunder
10-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Where is the second DIV II team? In DIV II 2 teams make the playoffs.

coiled2strike
10-27-2004, 01:09 PM
dist 19
i think manor is out and caldwell will be DI

RTX 14
10-27-2004, 01:20 PM
manor is out, they cant get in no matter what, there 1-4 in district play with the one win coming over smithville, its gonna be caldwell D1, then rockdale and cameron go to battle this friday to figure out who goes in at the top spot for their D2 spot, and im goin with rockdale

mwynn05
10-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Jody
I took a stab at picking these. What four teams, even if not listed, do you think will make the Region III Area Games?

# 18
Div I - Mexia (maybe)
Div II - Marlin
mexia has only won 1 game this year. If Marlin beats groesbeck (winless) and madisonville beats mexia (1 win) it is set DI- Madisonville
DII- 1. Marlin
2. Fairfield
Out of these 3 the most likely not to make it would be madisonville because if they lose both and mexia wins both they are out and mexia is in. for fairfield not tomake it that would have to have mexia beat madisonville and madisonville beat them by like 40

rhs78
10-27-2004, 02:37 PM
D-20 dv-1-navasota,d-11 rice,bellville. all three have potental to go deep in playoff's

Jody
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
mexia has only won 1 game this year. If Marlin beats groesbeck (winless) and madisonville beats mexia (1 win) it is set DI- Madisonville
DII- 1. Marlin
2. Fairfield
Out of these 3 the most likely not to make it would be madisonville because if they lose both and mexia wins both they are out and mexia is in. for fairfield not tomake it that would have to have mexia beat madisonville and madisonville beat them by like 40

Like I said, wild guess on some. I just listed 1 div 2 team on each.

Jody
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Where is the second DIV II team? In DIV II 2 teams make the playoffs.

I just listed one in each.

Jody
10-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by RTX 14
manor is out, they cant get in no matter what, there 1-4 in district play with the one win coming over smithville, its gonna be caldwell D1, then rockdale and cameron go to battle this friday to figure out who goes in at the top spot for their D2 spot, and im goin with rockdale

I am actually glad to hear that. They put BH out last year, well our coaches did...LOL

texasjeremy
10-27-2004, 03:14 PM
1. Robinson
2. China Spring
3. Waco Connally (D1)

1. Marlin
2. Fairfield
3. Madisonville (D1)

1. Cameron
2. Caldwell (D1)
3. Rockdale

1. Rice
2. Navasota (D1)
3. Bellville

1. Palestine (D1)
2. Diboll
3. Rusk

1. Silsbee (D1)
2. Kirbyville
3. Jasper

1. Huffman-Hargrave (D1)
2. Barbers Hill
3. Liberty

1. West Orange-Stark (D1)
2. Hamshire-Fannett
3. Anahuac

sahen
10-27-2004, 03:20 PM
in D-23 isnt the Hill and Huffman bigger than Liberty?....not sure but yah, it prolly wont matter cause i dont see liberty making it...Cleveland gets that spot most likely...

rhs78
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
enrollments huffman-867,bh-826,liberity-708,clev-804

j_dog
10-27-2004, 03:45 PM
# 22
LOL

You are so funny sometimes! :D Silsbee is undefeated on the year so you call it a weak district. From what I hear they are pretty strong. But I agree with your picks.

texasjeremy
10-27-2004, 05:07 PM
I agree, any district where Jasper has a chance to miss the playoffs is a strong district.

SHS
10-27-2004, 05:23 PM

# 22
Div II - Jasper

Jody your so full of ****. Silsbee is undefeated and you think becasue of that , that the district is weak. You saw us play one time against bridge city which we beat 35-13. You have no idea what you say.

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 07:44 PM
This is what the playoffs will probably look like...

DIVISION I
Round 1
Waco Connally vs.
Madisonville

Caldwell vs.
Navasota

Palestine vs.
Silsbee

Huffman-Hargrave vs.
West Orange-Stark

DIVISION II
Round 1
Waco Robinson vs.
Fairfield

Cameron Yoe vs.
Bellville

Rusk vs.
Jasper

Barbers Hill vs.
Bridge City

China Spring vs.
Marlin

Rockdale vs.
Rice Consolidated

Diboll vs.
Kirbyville

Liberty vs.
Hamshire-Fannett

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 07:48 PM
I've got...

DIVISION 1
ROUND 2
Connally vs.
Navasota

Palestine vs.
WO-S

ROUND 3
Navasota vs.
WO-S

WO-S goes to State in D1

...DIVISION 2
ROUND 2
Waco Robinson vs.
Bellville (upset special over Cameron Yoe)

Jasper vs.
Barbers Hill

Marlin vs.
Rice Consolidated

Kirbyville vs.
Hamshire-Fannett

ROUND 3
Bellville vs.
Jasper

Rice Consolidated vs.
Kirbyville

ROUND 4
Jasper vs.
Rice Consolidated

Jasper goes to State in D2

texasjeremy
10-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Wow, I really don't see Jasper getting very far, but who knows. They will probably be the 3rd place team in their district (1 more loss and they will miss the playoffs)

lilt1506
10-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Shepherd is going to play there best agains Jasper on Friday so Jasper had better play there best and not like they cant lose

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Hell, they beat West Orange-Stark earlier in the year and I have the Mustangs going in D1. They have the talent and the tradition. Their only losses were to Kirbyville and 4A studs Port Neches-Groves (at the top of 20-4A right now... their only losses came to 5A Cy Creek and 4A studs LaMarque).

Port_town_texas
10-28-2004, 03:44 AM
If in fact Silsbee is weak we will all find out Friday if their pulling cleats from their hole. This district is NOT weak at all. Just look at K'Ville beating Jasper.

Jody
10-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
If in fact Silsbee is weak we will all find out Friday if their pulling cleats from their hole. This district is NOT weak at all. Just look at K'Ville beating Jasper.

Now that I am full of ***.....LOL, I promise Silsbee has no chance of beating Jasper. Silsbee is a much improved team, but they are not that good, trust me. If Jasper is as 1/2 as good as their hype, they will win this one by at least 2 or 3 touchdowns.

Other than the Kirbyville loss, Jasper has lost to very good teams. Kirbyville was just better prepaired for that game and came to win. Same thing happend to BH against Huffman. Two lesser teams were more ready to play. It happens! Look at WOS, they have lost 2 as well.

I actually hope Jasper and Bh makes it that far, I would love to see that match-up.

SHS
10-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Now that I am full of ***.....LOL, I promise Silsbee has no chance of beating Jasper. Silsbee is a much improved team, but they are not that good, trust me. If Jasper is as 1/2 as good as their hype, they will win this one by at least 2 or 3 touchdowns.

Other than the Kirbyville loss, Jasper has lost to very good teams. Kirbyville was just better prepaired for that game and came to win. Same thing happend to BH against Huffman. Two lesser teams were more ready to play. It happens! Look at WOS, they have lost 2 as well.

I actually hope Jasper and Bh makes it that far, I would love to see that match-up.

Why does Huffman have to be a lesser team, they beat yall fair and square i dont want to hear no BS excuses. Same as Kirbyville beating jasper. QUIT SMOKIN THAT CRACK JODY!!!

Hupernikomen
10-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Because Huffman and Kirbyville "aren't suppose to" beat BH and Jasper. BH got the scare last year and lost to HH this year. We got our scare two years ago and lost this year. Once a team gets to thinking they can't be beat by somebody while the other team has had a taste of being able to beat them then watch out because an upset is in the making. Play the games again and who know what might happen, but you better believe that HH and Kirbyville know they can run with the big dogs now.

Old Cardinal
10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
I have listened to this Jody continue to put down Silsbee. All I can say is that if H-H topped BH then Silsbee would be a VERY worthy opponent. I know that is a strong District up there and they might all do very well in the playoffs.

Raider4ever
10-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I've got...

DIVISION 1
ROUND 2
Connally vs.
Navasota

Palestine vs.
WO-S

ROUND 3
Navasota vs.
WO-S

WO-S goes to State in D1

...DIVISION 2
ROUND 2
Waco Robinson vs.
Bellville (upset special over Cameron Yoe)

Jasper vs.
Barbers Hill

Marlin vs.
Rice Consolidated

Kirbyville vs.
Hamshire-Fannett

ROUND 3
Bellville vs.
Jasper

Rice Consolidated vs.
Kirbyville

ROUND 4
Jasper vs.
Rice Consolidated

Jasper goes to State in D2

I like the way that looks! Also I hope we go to state but hey I can't complain!