PDA

View Full Version : Wharton 7th Graders, WOW!!!!

LogieJoeBean001
10-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Man, are the Wharton 7th graders awesome! Both A and B teams are undefeated 9-0, with 7-0 records in district. The A team outscored their opponents 342-60 and the B team outscored their opponents 312-0. I can't wait until this bunch gets to the high school level. Hopefully, we won't lose (kids, not games) too many for any reasons.

Pigskin 2004
10-27-2004, 01:00 PM
WO-S 7th, 8th and 9th graders are undefeated!

LogieJoeBean001
10-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Congratulations to the WO-S 7th, 8th, and 9th graders! You guys have some really good things to look forward to for many more years to come.

neck_06
10-27-2004, 05:05 PM
in 7th grade, all you have to have is speed, one fast kid will take you a long way

scrub c
10-27-2004, 05:15 PM
i bet whurten got plenty of that.

Dogman
10-27-2004, 10:07 PM
The Rockdale 7th and 8th grade teams are both undefeated. Both teams have skill position guys that are 5'11" and taller. 7th grade has a kid that holds the 5th grade track meet record of 13.4 100 meters and that was 2 years ago. Big athletic kids that will hit you.......

bc 76
10-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Hey jlb i hate to tell you but Wharton always has good jr high teams.In jr high all you have to have is speed,but once the kids get to high school coaching plays a big factor.If im not mistaken Wharton jv are 7-0 1,which you would think would be good for next yearbut it never fails expectations are high and we lose 4 or 5 games a year if rice cons gets that kind jv team moving up to varsity they are going to win 10 or 11 games thats just a fact.

LogieJoeBean001
10-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by bc 76
Hey jlb i hate to tell you but Wharton always has good jr high teams.In jr high all you have to have is speed,but once the kids get to high school coaching plays a big factor.If im not mistaken Wharton jv are 7-0 1,which you would think would be good for next yearbut it never fails expectations are high and we lose 4 or 5 games a year if rice cons gets that kind jv team moving up to varsity they are going to win 10 or 11 games thats just a fact.

...and they said I didn't support my team...it sounds like bc76 is making a jab at the high school coaches here! What are you saying, bc76, that the high school coaches get the talent but don't know what to do with it? Please explain yourself!

raider red 2000
10-28-2004, 07:44 AM

i am glad to see that you think that the jr high coaches are good. rice cons usually does have a good JV team. I think that they were the only district JV to beat Wharton's JV last year.

by the way....who are you to be putting expectations on the kids...do you work with them? or do you sit at the coffee shop and complain win or lose?

bc 76
10-28-2004, 07:54 AM
Im just stating the facts about the program.Wharton has had the talent to go deep in the playoffs for the last 3yrs and has not been able to do it.Look West Columbia drops down from 4a and they have a 7-1,Wharton drops down from 4a and can't produce a winning record, other 5-6 7-5 8-4 with tons of talent.This West Columbia team is loaded with talent and loaded with jr & soph.,i would say that team overachieved.I will say this who ever the oc is on the team needs to run the defense,they have played better but the teams we have stopped have losing programs hempstead,stafford needville.I will give you another example look at rice cons they lost there head coach ,have a good jv team coming up they don't have near the talent that Wharton has and they 7-1.They have good people in Wharton but something is wrong and needs to get fixed.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Dogman
The Rockdale 7th and 8th grade teams are both undefeated. Both teams have skill position guys that are 5'11" and taller. 7th grade has a kid that holds the 5th grade track meet record of 13.4 100 meters and that was 2 years ago. Big athletic kids that will hit you....... Not to mention an offensive line that averages over 200lbs. These kids are awesome, I'm going to go watch them again tonight. :D

Dogman
10-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Hey BBDE the young Tigers sure do look up to you guys. Last night at the pep rally #42 was ready to play then.......

raider red 2000
10-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Im just stating the facts about the program.Wharton has had the talent to go deep in the playoffs for the last 3yrs and has not been able to do it.Look West Columbia drops down from 4a and they have a 7-1,Wharton drops down from 4a and can't produce a winning record, other 5-6 7-5 8-4 with tons of talent.This West Columbia team is loaded with talent and loaded with jr & soph.,i would say that team overachieved.I will say this who ever the oc is on the team needs to run the defense,they have played better but the teams we have stopped have losing programs hempstead,stafford needville.I will give you another example look at rice cons they lost there head coach ,have a good jv team coming up they don't have near the talent that Wharton has and they 7-1.They have good people in Wharton but something is wrong and needs to get fixed.

as far as the playoffs go. i could be wrong, but i believe that wharton lost to a burnet who was no. 1 in the state 2 years in a row.

how long ago was wharton a 4a?

rice had a good team last year: varsity and Jv. good again. what does that have to do with wharton?

the defense will be ok. you worry about your job and the defensive coaches will worry about theirs.....does the wharton/WC/rice def coor come to your job and tell you what you are doing wrong?
west columbia is a good 3a team....good kids...good coaches.

whrtntig1
10-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Another reason is the high drop out rate in participation when kids go to high school. Yes we have big jr high squads but look at the numbers when they reach high school---they drop sometimes by half. The players dont like the coaches or it's too hard or it's too hot. I can remember- and it wasn't too long ago- when we barely suited out enough players to play defense and offense. Our problem, like many schools, stem from many problems. Plus Wharton is not a big football town like Cuero or Refugio or Burnet and the students realize this. They are always asking me, "Why can't our fans be like Burnet. Their support was awesome." I don't have an answer. Does anyone?

FbCoachB40
10-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey BC, the difference between Rice' record and Wharton's has alot to do with scheduling. I don't see El Campo or Cuero on Rice's schedule. Wharton plays 3 4A schools and Cuero in pre district. That makes it very difficult to put 7-1 records. I don't care if your head coach is Bear Bryant

BU97
10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Ouch!! Coach B40 is in a nasty mood today!

I am going to leave bc76 alone because I have read enough of his posts to know that he'd rather point out what is wrong with Wharton than what is right.

Anyone can see that schedule strength has alot to do with the record. I guess some people would say if we'd padded the schedule last year with East Bernard, Boling, Louise and been 11-0 instead of 8-3 we would have beat Burnet. Sure that makes since.

LogieJoeBean001
10-29-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by whrtntig1
Another reason is the high drop out rate in participation when kids go to high school. Yes we have big jr high squads but look at the numbers when they reach high school---they drop sometimes by half. The players dont like the coaches or it's too hard or it's too hot. I can remember- and it wasn't too long ago- when we barely suited out enough players to play defense and offense. Our problem, like many schools, stem from many problems. Plus Wharton is not a big football town like Cuero or Refugio or Burnet and the students realize this. They are always asking me, "Why can't our fans be like Burnet. Their support was awesome." I don't have an answer. Does anyone?

I have an anwer, but it's not an easy one. The Wharton fans need to get out and support these kids. How inspiring to these kids that would be if the stands were jam packed EVERY Friday night with screaming, yelling fans! There are alot of games I've been to where there are fans in the stands but it seems that they are too afraid...embarrassed...or reserved to yell out in support of the team, or is it that they come just to see who they can see or be seen. It's like those who are yelling in the stands during the games are looked upon as oddballs or something. It would be so neat for everybody to come dressed in Wharton colors for a change too! It's a football game for Pete's sake, not a formal social outing! I'm not saying this would make a difference in winning or losing, but it sure could go a long way in motivating these young men on the field. I've seen the cheerleaders do the cheer...and all for the Tigers stand up and cheer...and fans just sit like bumps on a log! It would be nice for everybody in the community to get behind the Tigers. Many of the businesses have signs that they could post, "Go Tigers" during the regualr season instead of JUST during playoff time! The boys need to see that the whole town is behind them and not just during the playoffs, but ALL the time! Everybody likes a winner and love to jump on the band wagon when things are going good, but what about supporting them no matter what, win or lose? Make 'em feel that all of their blood, sweat and tears are really worth all the effort they put into their practices and games! The kids and coaches do put in long, hard hours to play for us for 48 minutes every Friday night, let's show them that we appreciate all that they do!

FbCoachB40
10-29-2004, 08:13 AM
You go, Logie joe!!!!