PDA

View Full Version : When the youngest is done what are you going to do?

BullFrog Dad
10-27-2004, 11:33 AM
After your youngest kid graduates from HS are you still going to as many your HS's athletic events as before? How about the members who's youngest is already out of HS, did you you cut back on going to the games?

Phil C
10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I went before they got to HS which they haven't yet and I will go when they are in HS and will go after they are out of HS as long as health and funds are ok.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Same for me, Phil. Actually, I've got one that graduated in 2003, one in 8th & one in 5th. We continued to attend HS games when possible last year & this. We'll continue to do so as long as our health, etc allows.

Bandera YaYa
10-27-2004, 11:43 AM
I went to games for 14 years.....but not so much now....i just don't know the kids there now and that makes a difference to me. My life is now revolved around what my college kid is into. I have gone to a few home games, but after the 2002 season, its not the same for me.....plus the 2002 State team were all like sons to me, and I am now involved in what they are doing in college. I really, really miss those days, but change is inevitable. I do watch SW Sports on FOX to stay up on everybody!!

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 11:45 AM
My last child graduated in 95', and I still try to, and will continue to try, to make every Bulls game. No better panacea for whatever ails you than high school sports, escpecially football, Phil.

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Sorry, BullFrog Dad....I thought Phil authored this thread, but now I see it was yours. Ditto.

rhs78
10-27-2004, 12:16 PM
i went before kids were in high school,i'm going now that their in high school, when they are out i will continue to attend all sports venues , if the lord is willing

coiled2strike
10-27-2004, 12:19 PM
my parents attended everything i was involved in when i was in high school, but as soon as i graduated that was it...as for me, my little girl is only 9 months old, but i will follow her everywhere and see as much as i can...maybe later on, i'll sell out to coaching girls so i can coach her in hs...not sure about that one, though

CHS_CG
10-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Shoot.. I graduated last year, and for my 4 years in high school my mom and I went to every game (we really had no choice.. I was in Color guard and she was a band booster) and this year we have still been to every football game.. I have to tell ya.. Its more fun to watch football when you dont have to worry about a preformance at half time, or what the taped looked like while you were marching and gettin yelled at Monday morning.. or contest the next day.

AggieJohn
10-27-2004, 12:45 PM
i will be here because

#1...i'm not a mom
#2...i started getting on this board when i was out of high school
#3...my soul purpose in life is too make jason aggitated

mustang04
10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
i will be here because

#1...i'm not a mom
#2...i started getting on this board when i was out of high school
#3...my soul purpose in life is too make jason aggitated

hahaha:clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Not sure how I will handle that. My oldest (son-age 16) is followed by my two daughters, ages 8 and 11. I am starting to worry about not having a kid to watch in the football and baseball programs, since he will be a senior next year.

My daughters are both athletic and will be participating in volleyball and softball, but somehow it just doesn't seem like it will be the same (Phil C. will kill me).:( :weeping: :weeping:

LHMom
10-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I have one son in college and one still on the team. I plan to keep living in denial that it will be over after next year.

fbmom
10-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Hopefully, I can watch them in college football.....or maybe just watch some of the players that we know....after that who knows.....I kinda of like the denial thing!!

olddawggreen
10-27-2004, 07:51 PM
I plan to keep my season tickets till I pass on or too old to get to them, then I will let my kids fight over them:D :D

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
I have one son in college and one still on the team. I plan to keep living in denial that it will be over after next year.

Hey, that sounds like a plan!;)

Glad to know that it isn't just me feeling this way.:eek:

espn1
10-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Ya Ya and you LH Ladies ever thought about having more children??? Make a fresh start, stay in the loop.:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Ya Ya and you LH Ladies ever thought about having more children??? Make a fresh start, stay in the loop.:D :D :D

:eek: :eek: No way!

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
He must be crrraaazzzzzy!:D

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2004, 11:10 AM
I've met him & I believe you may just be right. :D

Ranger354
10-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I will be 58 when my youngest graduates high school. I plan to buy a Marina somewhere and retire. By then I think I will have done enough to warrant it.

And I would like to still attend football games. Since my wife is 13 years younger then I she may be pushing me in a wheel chair to get there.

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
I will be 58 when my youngest graduates high school. I plan to buy a Marina somewhere and retire. By then I think I will have done enough to warrant it.

And I would like to still attend football games. Since my wife is 13 years younger then I she may be pushing me in a wheel chair to get there.

Ha..ha...good thing they make stadiums ADA compliant these days!:D

espn1
10-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've met him & I believe you may just be right. :D So I'm going to take that as a no, on the re-load.:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2004, 12:32 PM
You got that right! By the time the youngest graduates, I'll probably have grandchildren.

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by espn1
So I'm going to take that as a no, on the re-load.:D :D :D

Ha...you are correct.....and that IS my final answer:eek: :evillaugh :evillaugh

espn1
10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
I have a 5,6 & 23 year old. I'm definetly looking forward to Handicap parking when they get into High School.

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey AP pantherfan is your son a JR or SR? I know he's the QB. Is he your oldest?

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Hey AP pantherfan is your son a JR or SR? I know he's the QB. Is he your oldest?

He is a junior and yes, he is my oldest. My two girls are 8 & 11. I am thinking I will be missing football and baseball alot once he graduates.

I think I will just try denial (like LH Mom). That might work for awhile. :)

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
He is a junior and yes, he is my oldest. My two girls are 8 & 11. I am thinking I will be missing football and baseball alot once he graduates.

I think I will just try denial (like LH Mom). That might work for awhile. :)

Your girls into sports?

Old Dog
10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
I had season tickets prior to my younguns arrival and still go 23 years later! Games are the main event in most small towns!!!

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Your girls into sports?

They both play softball and I would imagine that the older of the two will play volleyball next year (7th grade).

Little League in AP is so scr**ed up, that my oldest just finished up with a Portland fast-pitch league. Will probably go ahead and put my youngest over there as well.

44INAROW
10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
I had season tickets prior to my younguns arrival and still go 23 years later! Games are the main event in most small towns!!!

Same here Old Dog. I know some people checking the obits daily to see if there might be a vacancy in the reserved parking lol since the waiting list is so long, that is bout the only way to get one:D I'd also say more than half of the stands are filled with people who have not had kids playing for many years.

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'd also say more than half of the stands are filled with people who have not had kids playing for many years.

Okay, you guys are making me feel better!:D

pirate4state
10-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, I don't have any kids, but my family is so extended that I always have a cousin or 2 to go watch play the game! :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-28-2004, 04:06 PM
I have watched my son play from 7th through 12th. I was blessed with a son that started both ways for two years on varsity. One that had the opportunity to win 13 out of 15 games his senior year. One that got to hold 4 championship trophies over his head at the 50 yard line. What a time I had watching him last year. I having been watching the home town high school games for 10 years now. But this year it just wasn't the same since my boy graduated. I'm also blessed that he is playing college football, but the down side is that he was red-shirted this year so he didn't get to play in any of the games. (I made three of them and will watch two more before the season ends) So for the next 4 years I will watch him play college ball (God willing). I also have three daughters. One is a sophmore and doesn't play sports, but the other is a Freshman and already ran varsity Cross Country. I will have a time watching her these next 3 1/2 years as she plays everything. I also have a 1 year old baby girl that runs all over the house and has energy for three babies. Track star in training~

RiverRatDad
10-28-2004, 07:16 PM
My youngest, a daughter, graduated in 02. Now I can make more football games because I don't go to the V-ball games. I still make all of the softball games and get to enjoy them more.

k-town ballers
10-28-2004, 07:44 PM
I will try to keep going but its hard now with my youngest still playing.