PDA

View Full Version : Please Make Posts & Replies On Matchups

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
I would just like to encourage everyone to be sure and make a new post, or at least reply with pre-game information and opinions on team matchups if you any knowledge on them. I really enjoy getting to know more about teams that I have no familiarity with each week, and therefore, hopefully become a better educated Texas High School football fan. I know much info is available "online", but it is so much more interesting to get it from fans who are at or near "ground zero" ---that provides the "human" element and we all get to know one another's teams, traditions, and most importantly--each other, better. I guarantee there are fans "lurking" online out there who have as much interest in your team, as you do and would love to show their interest. Your team does not have to be a "power" to be of interest to someone. I know also, that many people have a great "fear" of making/replying to a post about a certain team or matchup because they think that they may be "jumped on" for their opinion. Believe me, I have made some "dumb" posts from time-to-time in the past and have been "jumped on"....but you know what?---I never take it personally, always feel that I come away a better fan because of it, pro or con, and live to post another day. I really enjoy you all from the "zany" to the "serious"---from the "young" to the "old"---and especially the tongue-in-cheek replies. Health and Good Luck to you all and your teams.

Bandera YaYa
10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
WEll, I thinik you are just great!! I'll tell you my 2 cents....I thinking Bandera will beat Brady this week.....we are so inconsistent these days, and we lost the last one BAD, so I expect we are going to bounce back and win this close one!! I mean we beat Dripping Springs....and they have been beating teams we fell apart on!! So.....lets hear it for the Bulldogs!!! Woohoo!! :D :clap:

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Thank you for the sentiment Ya Ya, you are too kind. I see where Bandera went all the way to the the "big dance" in 2002 and won. Sounds like your team is on its way to another good year. Good luck this week--hope you make the playoffs. And do you know that you live in one of the prettiest areas on earth?

Flourhead
10-27-2004, 12:22 PM
i'll try my best dude

fb_gurl
10-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Well, Caldwell plays Smithville this week in Smithville. It will be a good game (as all of Caldwell's are), and I believe that Caldwell will come out with the win on this one. They've only lost one game to Cameron. So like I said it'll be a good game and I'll be there to support the players.

Go Caldwell Swarm Smithville!!!:cheerl:

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 01:37 PM
I know you will, Flourhead....you're definitely not one of the "shy" posters I was referring to, but I still enjoy your "serious" opinions.

JasperDog94
10-27-2004, 01:41 PM
The verdict is still out on Shepherd. They've played close games with K'ville and Silsbee. That tells me that they're no fluke team. I don't know what to expect from them. One Silsbee poster said that Shepherd has a pretty good QB. We'll just have to see Friday night.

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Fb_gurl, I know the Caldwell players like the support, especially from the girls. You live in a pretty area too, just like Ya Ya. Best of luck to Caldwell---keep us informed on their progress.

fbmom
10-27-2004, 07:08 PM
I think Hutto will win over Giddings and I hope Bridgeport wins their game since I graduated from there in 1977.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I know you will, Flourhead....you're definitely not one of the "shy" posters I was referring to, but I still enjoy your "serious" opinions.

I know, you were talking about me, weren't you? :o :D

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Ain't nuthin' shy about you LH Panther Mom---in a delightful kind of way. I seem to have attracted a lot of ladies with this thread---those other guys are really gonna be jealous.

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the good wishes, fbMom. Good luck to you guys also. By the way, my dad's entire family were old Rockdale folks.

shankbear
10-27-2004, 07:20 PM
where is your sig YaYa

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Hello, shankbear.....haven't copied you in a while since we were discussing TX-OK classifications.

Bandera YaYa
10-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
where is your sig YaYa What do you mean????? :confused:

shankbear
10-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Your pic was just the red X in a box. It is OK now.

Bandera YaYa
10-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Thank you for the sentiment Ya Ya, you are too kind. I see where Bandera went all the way to the the "big dance" in 2002 and won. Sounds like your team is on its way to another good year. Good luck this week--hope you make the playoffs. And do you know that you live in one of the prettiest areas on earth? Thanks for reminding me.....I take it for granted sometimes. I work in a real estate office, and I hear that alot from people all over Texas and beyond. Trouble is, because it is so popular, it takes about $10,000 an acre to own it now!!

shankbear
10-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Yup, it's been a while. I never folllow OK football now. I watch Bridge City and West Orange-Stark. My wife teaches at BC and I went to WO before it was WO-S.

Whats been up?

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 07:55 PM
I think Shankbear was just poking some fun at me for talking with you ladies so much, Ya Ya. That WAS funny.

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 07:56 PM
I cross-posted with you Shankbear....thanks for the update. Your turn.

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Ya Ya....I thought Shankbear was trying to tell me I needed to have a really pretty, feminine looking sig like yours for being in here with you ladies. Now I find he really couldn't see your sig and was being "straight". It was funny how I originally interpreted his post, though. $10,000 an acre is a ot Ya YA, but it sure makes the ol' commissions bigger.

shankbear
10-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Bull and YaYa, who is the best 3ADL whiz to get a cool sig from? I don't know how to do it or what I would even want. Just wandering in the wilderness.

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Bull and YaYa, who is the best 3ADL whiz to get a cool sig from? I don't know how to do it or what I would even want. Just wandering in the wilderness.

You need to read the F.A.Q's of the board to get a "general" familiarity with sig making. For custom construction, I would contact 3aFan2K3, ESPN1, or Keith7. If you have a lot of trouble, PM me, and I will try to give you some specifics, but these guys are some of the graphics "masters".

shankbear
10-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Thnx Bull