PDA

View Full Version : A non homer thread

shellman54
10-27-2004, 10:55 AM
name one player your school has played against who you think is a great player. don't name anyone on your own team. this way, we can get a look at what other people think about players on other teams

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 10:56 AM
that Frankie kid from Aransas Pass, i forgot his name. . . but that kid is a player. . .
Also the Soph RB from Cuero

onfirebball05mustang
10-27-2004, 11:00 AM
the 2003 Elgin Wildcats were good!...i can only remember aalbers, but there were SEVERAL pitchers we did not want to face :)

tmac
10-27-2004, 11:11 AM
colin jones of b port and terrius pervey of g ville

handNthedirt
10-27-2004, 11:20 AM
James Mapps (#22), Royse City's QB is a freakin' stud! The kid has 1593 rushing yards with 19 rushing TD's. He has 409 passing yards, but it ain't his arm that's scary, it's his size, speed, strength, moves, and determination. He is a real threat everytime he touches the ball. His counterpart, Cameron Holliness, has pounded out 998 yards rushing, not too shabby either. They beat us 42-21.

rhs78
10-27-2004, 11:31 AM
the best player i've seen is chris smith of navisota,lots of talent and speed. the player with most heart would be #40 from Hempstead. i think his name is rudy Herrera(may be wrong). this young man is probably 5'6" and 140lbs. he played the best defense and made numerous solo takles of charles huffman. he played his heart out every single play. he is hempsted's RUDY

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 11:43 AM
a couple of throwbacks here..... Aransas Pass' backfield a handful of years back..... i.e. the Tommy Blake/Sheldon Belfon tandem. also...George West's QB a few years back...Thomas Ham. he had NO team around him....but he himself was great.

CHS_CG
10-27-2004, 12:23 PM
As much as I hate to admit it.. This year playin Cameron I would have to say Mullins.

CheerMom
10-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
the best player i've seen is chris smith of navisota,lots of talent and speed. the player with most heart would be #40 from Hempstead. i think his name is rudy Herrera(may be wrong). this young man is probably 5'6" and 140lbs. he played the best defense and made numerous solo takles of charles huffman. he played his heart out every single play. he is hempsted's RUDY

I agree with rhs78. That kid from Hempstead was something else. I haven't too many people take Huffman down like that.

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Flourhead
10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
trey jones from wharton.... sinton's qb and rb... west oso's dance team

Keith7
10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
west oso's dance team

lol :clap:

AggieJohn
10-27-2004, 12:39 PM
best player i have ever saw had my last name, he was from Hardin Jefferson, this tall, chunked boy's name was desmond portier and he could lay some huge hits and i fear the mess out of him....

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
a couple of throwbacks here..... Aransas Pass' backfield a handful of years back..... i.e. the Tommy Blake/Sheldon Belfon tandem. also...George West's QB a few years back...Thomas Ham. he had NO team around him....but he himself was great.
It was actually Leon and Tommy, LOL. Sheldon was the older brother, graduated sometime in the mid-90's. But that was an awesome backfield. I actually thought they got better the year after that. Leon graduated, but Tommy came back as a man among boys and they filled in Leon's spot with Corey Hale, an uber-talented tailback. To top it off, QB John David Heard was a senior that year and balanced their offense nicely. Oh, and don't forget their size... Tommy was about 6'4" 225#, Hale was probably 5'10" 185# and JD Heard was about 6'3" 210#. When he played, Leon was somewhere in the 6'2" 215# range. That was just a huge team.

Bullaholic
10-27-2004, 12:55 PM
The Decatur "tripletts" in this order---Christian, WR/DB; Dane,QB; and Godboldt, RB.

Keith7
10-27-2004, 01:25 PM
When I played I got a chance to play against Phillip Daughtry (Bridgeport), Joseph Krebs (Bridgeport), Drew Stubbs (Atlanta, He doesnt play football but started Centerfield for UT as a freshman) and Ryan Cowley (Pottsboro).. and my Sophmore year I got to see Dusty Dyvorchek (Lake Dallas) in football and in powerlifting.. last season I watched a ton of good players, Stephen McGee (Burnet), Jordan Shipley (Burnet), Caleb Hanie (Forney), just to mention a few..

oh and I played on the scout team against Terrius Purvey (Gainesville) does that count???

lobo12
10-27-2004, 01:40 PM
im gonna give credit to the seminole line, all of them. jeremy hill rushed for 386 yds against us but he had some unbelievable holes to run through. they did a great job

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It was actually Leon and Tommy, LOL. Sheldon was the older brother, graduated sometime in the mid-90's. But that was an awesome backfield. I actually thought they got better the year after that. Leon graduated, but Tommy came back as a man among boys and they filled in Leon's spot with Corey Hale, an uber-talented tailback. To top it off, QB John David Heard was a senior that year and balanced their offense nicely. Oh, and don't forget their size... Tommy was about 6'4" 225#, Hale was probably 5'10" 185# and JD Heard was about 6'3" 210#. When he played, Leon was somewhere in the 6'2" 215# range. That was just a huge team. John David was the QB, he was a pretty big kid for a HS QB....i remember him well. yeah...Sheldon was a year older than me, if i remember correctly...he didnt play his senior year cause he broke his leg? something like that.

mistanice
10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Carthage's Beechum was a good one. Tough kid.