PDA

View Full Version : Slpybear Finally gets to post about MudBowl, Bulls vs. Egrets

slpybear the bullfan
10-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Well, this is the first time I get to post since Friday's game. I spent tonight reading all the posts and found a lot of good stuff in them.

Here is my quick hit list of comments...

1.) No excuses from the Bulls, we got outplayed and outcoached.

2.) Don't say that the weather was not a factor. It was a huge factor. BUT, both teams played in it and Decatur was the better wet weather team.

3.) Decatur made less key mistakes than the Bulls did. Spotting someone 12 points will get you in trouble quick. The first two interceptions were killers. The fumble for a touchdown was neutralized when Decatur did the same thing. Too many drops, blown coverages, etc.

4.) We have some BAD coaching mistakes we better get fixed. And fixed quick. C'mon coaches, 3rd and 22 late in the game when you need points... you are on a wet sloppy field... and you run the screen pass??? At least try something that makes the fourth down makeable. Or how about all the hype about getting our best pass catchers back in the DBackfield? Guess we will continue to see every other team play their best 11 men on the field every down. Hmmm, do you think there is a reason other teams do that? And I have to really point out that great adjustment to cover the three receiver "clump" formation the Eagles ran about 10 times. IF YOU HAVE 2 GUYS COVERING THREE RECEIVERS, YOU WILL GET BEAT. EVEN ON A WET, MUDDY FIELD. Can't you coaches see that? The whole freaking stands were yelling it the FIRST time this happened. Do we not make adjustments to the game plan after it starts? We never picked this up. Sheesh.

5.) Kickoff and Kickoff Return. Do I need to even bring it up?

6.) The defense is not that improved from last year. I really thought it was, but it isn't. We play good in spurts, but that won't cut it against the good teams

7.) I see a lot of talk about potential playoff matchups. No one in Bridgeport needs to be worrying about where we might fall in to the playoffs this year. We need to focus about playing up to our potential. We need to focus about learning how to beat the top teams. We need to coach "all out" for each game. We need to remember that we don't get a "legacy" invitation to Area championships just because we showed up last year.

Ahhh... Love that Freedom of Speech Thing... I feel better now.

Well I will close now. Both teams played with a lot of heart, Decatur, you played better than the Bulls that night.

EaglesRule, whoever you are, you are classless. It cracks me up that your little charade gets exposed the way it did. Sounds like you better just go off to whatever forum you normally hang out at. like... www.poor-no-life-losers.com (http://www.poor-no-life-losers.com)

well, I better go to bed before I get an ulcer...

The computer is still down, so the bear will continue to be scarce,

Adios friends,

slpybear the bullfan
10-22-2002, 09:16 PM
Man, no one has been talking up last week's game at work this week.

Bullsfan, has anyone been talking it up in Bport?

slpybear

The One
10-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Well said Bear,

We are all looking forward to you getting the computer back.

I am sure that no one is giving you hell at work because they know in dry conditions that would have been a different game, but one thing for sure Decatur coaches had a good game plan and they had their kids ready to play.

BullsFan
10-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Slpy, the only talking up I got was a late phone call on Friday night from my friend in Decatur. After a few friendly "You b*%&$es" directed her way, I hung up. That was really about it.

(I think we're avoiding the painful where I work.)

eye of the tiger
10-22-2002, 10:58 PM
You guys are going to be ok. Remember last year you got stronger in the final weeks. No reason to think that wont happen again this year. Good luck guys.

bigbullbacker
10-22-2002, 11:07 PM
slpy good to see ur back.......If we had won,our coaches would be considered great.. right now were tied for third place with Lil'Elm when Playoff time gets here we will be tied again with everyone else, its a new season...Whats killin us is drop passes,fumbles,int.,when our defense does stop them lately we don't jump on it and score. We seem to becoming a second half team......
Heck u about got me convince where the rope?
go bulls

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2002, 12:16 AM
bigbullbacker:
slpy good to see ur back.......Heck u about got me convince where the rope?
go bullsOh My bullbacker, don't mean to get you out on the ledge... I am a big boy and there ain't room for both of us. :)

Yeah, the bulls looked much better against LD so now we will just play out the games and let the chips fall were they may.

slpybear

bigbullbacker
10-28-2002, 06:38 PM
LOL Good to have u back posting anyways LOL