PDA

View Full Version : Hey Keith7 About those Mighty - Mighty Leopards

Blondo
10-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Keith have you heard what's been going on lately? Have they made any changes? What about Purvey? What are their chances in the playoffs? Will Bowie beat Pilot Point? Just wondering what's your take on everything.

Keith7
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Everything i've heard is the same as everyother week.. QB Travis Sutton had an awesome game last week and he looks to stay on track this week against Pottsboro.. Jerome Hewitt has done an excellent job taking over for Terrius and I could see him getting a ton of carries even when Terrius comes back and Purvey is out 1 more week he will be back the last week against Bowie...
and as for the playoffs The leopards will face Graham in the first round and decatur in the second.. but beyond that is a mystery.. Is there anything else u want to know??

HighSchool Fan
10-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Gainesville has Pottsboro this week and Bowie next week.

Keith7
10-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Gainesville has Pottsboro this week and Bowie next week.

Thanks for the Correction.. that is good i'd rather Terrius play in a meaningful game anyways

JasperDog94
10-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Man, that's great to have a backup that can fill in like that. A little depth never hurts.;)

Blondo
10-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Graham in the first round. How tough is that going to be? Where would it be played? I read somewhere on this board that they lost their #1 rb for the year. That's gotta hurt. As for the second round against Decatur, my vote is we play at the new Denton ISD Field on Loop 288. 30 miles for both teams. What about Pilot Point and Bowie this weekend? I think Pilot Point at home.

KTJ
10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
I've always thought it was hilarious that Cordell went to Pottsboro and coaches at Gainesville, where we constantly beat them up in everything.

If we end up playing Graham in the first round, look for Gainesville to try to get Birdville ISD Stadium.

And yes, Denton ISD stadium is the logical choice for a Gainesville/Decatur second round matchup, should that happen.

HighSchool Fan
10-27-2004, 05:04 PM
I would guess that the new Denton staduim would go to some bigger schools. Gainesville/Decatur, if it were to happen, would probably be at UNT.

Keith7
10-27-2004, 05:32 PM
I would guess that the new Denton staduim would go to some bigger schools. Gainesville/Decatur, if it were to happen, would probably be at UNT.

or birdville as well.. Coach Cordell seemed to like that place alot last season...

tmac
10-28-2004, 10:59 AM
i hope g ville makes the playoffs

tmac
10-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Whats their record overall and district and whats the district race like?

Keith7
10-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by tmac
Whats their record overall and district and whats the district race like?

5-3 (3-0)

they clinch thier playoff spot with a win over pottsboro (0-8) this weekend

HighSchool Fan
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Gainesville already clinched a playoff spot last week. Even if they lose their last 2 games, they would still get 3rd place.

KTJ
10-28-2004, 02:56 PM

What bigger schools would drive north to play in that stadium? Ryan always goes to Texas Stadium and Denton High isn't in contention, I don't think.

Then again, they choose the craziest places for playoff games--especially in basketball.

HighSchool Fan
10-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Sherman, Denison and WF high to name just a few.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Graham may try and schedule the game in Wichita Falls. We will see how good Graham is this week when they play Vernon. The RB that is out also played LB, so it is a huge blow to them.

One thing to note about Graham is that they have had teh opportunity to play their backups quite a bit this season. They have won three games that I'm sure of by more than 28 points. I recall when they played Hirschi the backup played the entire 2nd half. I know that Condron is out now, but at least his back up had had a lot of playing time...that should help.

HighSchool Fan
10-28-2004, 05:01 PM
just saw in the Gainesville Register that the Graham game as already been tentatively set for Nov 12 at the new Denton stadium. That will be awesome