PDA

View Full Version : what position?

rockdale80
10-27-2004, 01:06 AM
just out of curiosity i was wondering what position everyone thought was the most demanding? and back up the answer with support...dont just name one. i think either tight end or fullback. most versatile players on the field....have to run, block, and catch. its like every postion rolled into one. just my thoughts though...

Cameronbystander
10-27-2004, 08:01 AM
Middle Linebacker: You have to have the size (or heart) to fill the gaps on isolation plays when that big 230 lb fullback leads through the hole and handle the blocks of a 280 pound tackle. You have to have the speed or quickness to get outside to get a runner turned back in on an end run and also to drop back in pass coverage and cover a tight end or fullback.

Lastly, you have to have a good football sense because you are usually the defensive quarterback, calling the sets and directing traffic.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-27-2004, 08:31 AM
The TE has to be one of the most versatile athletes on offense and the MLB has to be on defense, I think.

tmac
10-27-2004, 10:17 AM
i think that running back because some are asked to carry their team into the endzone whether it be with carries or catches

GreenMonster
10-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Quarterback is the most demanding position. They run, pass, and carryout fakes to hold linebackers. They must know where everyone will be on everyplay. They must interact with the coach more than anyone on the team. They must be strong LEADERS. If a staff and the players don't believe in their QB then they might as well pack it in for the season.

tmac
10-27-2004, 10:42 AM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS 2000 BALTIMORE RAVENS W/ TRENT DILFER

Dogman
10-27-2004, 11:04 AM
I think the a team with a dominating TE is hard to stop.

1st thing the TE has to do is control the side of the line he is on. If he can dominate the LB or DE your running game will work.

2nd thing the TE needs is to have big hands and has to do is catch every ball he is able to touch. Too many TE's let the ball get into their bodies and don't use their hands. This turns into balls that bounce off of shoulder pads and off of the numbers. CATCH the ball in the hands.

3rd thing is a plus but if the TE can strecth the field between the hash marks your team is almost impossible to stop. There aren't many HS teams that can match up a safety against a 6'3" or taller TE down the field.

I'd like to see receiver coaches stressing that when the ball is in the air it belongs to you and go get it! Don't just wait for the ball to fall in your arms..........

pirate44
10-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
just out of curiosity i was wondering what position everyone thought was the most demanding? and back up the answer with support...dont just name one.

this is just begging for a joke.
but in all seriousness, has to be defensive line. getting hit on every down (doubleteams and such). the position with most responsibility has got to be linebacker.

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 11:38 AM
it depends on at what level you play...HS, college, pro...and it also depends on what kinda team you play on...your stregnths, weaknesses......for instance...if you play QB for a team w/ a great front line...and you have all day to make decisions....that makes playing QB (on that particular team) alot less demanding than say...a QB who has a crappy front line...who has to make split second decisions and such.

rhs78
10-27-2004, 12:10 PM
WATER BOYS,ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS HOT, THEY DO A LOT OF RUNNING AND CARRING THOSE BOTTLES IS HARD WORK(just joking)

FbCoachB40
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM
If you want to know what is the most important position just watch the NFL draft. After a couple high profile QB's are taken, the NFL turns to DTs and OTs. It all starts up front

Keith7
10-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
The TE has to be one of the most versatile athletes on offense and the MLB has to be on defense, I think.

thanks i played both

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Water girl/trainer: she has to be ready to at the drop of, well, a football player to run out, tend to him, drop off water to the other players, make sure the injured it okay, get him off the field, and still get the water bottles back to the sideline

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Water girl/trainer: she has to be ready to at the drop of, well, a football player to run out, tend to him, drop off water to the other players, make sure the injured it okay, get him off the field, and still get the water bottles back to the sideline dont forget the loud obnoxious, over-zealous fan w/ the big foam finger and the painted face......he works his butt off!!

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
dont forget the loud obnoxious, over-zealous fan w/ the big foam finger and the painted face......he works his butt off!!

why didnt you just call him by name: RAMON

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
why didnt you just call him by name: RAMON LMAO!! classic. in Ingleside we have "Ralph"

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LMAO!! classic. in Ingleside we have "Ralph"

is it me, or have my posts become very funny lately?

UPanIN
10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
All 11 players MUST do their job or bad things happen.

Look TEAM up in the dictionary.
team (tem).; "FOOTBALL" enough said.

GO RATTLERS!!!

Strike HARD!
Strike Fast!
Strike OFTEN!

rockdale80
10-27-2004, 05:38 PM
way to dodge the question...you should run for president...j/k. i know all about team and how you can win as a team and lose as an individual...it was just a question?