District 30-3A: Sinton*
District 31-3A: Zapata*, CC West Oso
District 32-3A: Port Isabel

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:31 PM
you always take my ideas..

Ranger Mom
10-26-2004, 06:36 PM
He runs a Football website, what would make you think he WOULDN'T have that information himself??

Bellville22
10-26-2004, 06:36 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think Rice has clinched just yet in D20. They could potentially lose to Sealy and Bellville, giving them a 3-2, and I'm not sure the tie-breakers have all been decided yet.

Again, I could be wrong, but that's the way I have it figured right now.

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 06:39 PM
based on the way the scheduling was set up and who they have beaten Rice Consolidated has the head to head tiebreakers that got them in

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He runs a Football website, what would make you think he WOULDN'T have that information himself??

i dont run any football site and i was able to make a list that i put out YESTERDAY

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
i dont run any football site and i was able to make a list that i put out YESTERDAY

and i am working on the same list for 5A-1A in my scoreboard :rolleyes:

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
and i am working on the same list for 5A-1A in my scoreboard :rolleyes:

well start pm ing me when your gonna post something cuz we post alot of the same stuff but yours is always a day later and looks alot nicer

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 06:50 PM
well start pm ing me when your gonna post something cuz we post alot of the same stuff but yours is always a day later and looks alot nicer

well.. why dont you post on my site too... your input is always welcome. we may even give you input into the next rankings system if you are nice enough to quit blasting my site.

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:53 PM
well.. why dont you post on my site too... your input is always welcome. we may even give you input into the next rankings system if you are nice enough to quit blasting my site.

i'm not blasting your site.. but you know how hard it is to go thru every district and find out who has clinched and who hasnt.. its just frustrating to see it all go to waste.. i'm glad u do stuff like this.. i just hate that i coulda wated til today and not had to do anything.. i love to be lazy

Ranger Mom
10-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Keith blasts your site??

Are you crazy Keith??

I'm disappointed in you.....really I am!!:(

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Keith blasts your site??

Are you crazy Keith??

I'm disappointed in you.....really I am!!:(

i never said anything bad.. go back and read everything i said

Ranger Mom
10-26-2004, 06:56 PM
i never said anything bad.. go back and read everything i said

On this thread, or every thread regarding Chris's board and his rankings??

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 06:57 PM
i'm not blasting your site.. but you know how hard it is to go thru every district and find out who has clinched and who hasnt.. its just frustrating to see it all go to waste.. i'm glad u do stuff like this.. i just hate that i coulda wated til today and not had to do anything.. i love to be lazy

well you were the one who posted a couple weeks ago about my rankings and actually gave some guy on an unnamed site some ammo to make more false accusations about me.

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:58 PM
well you were the one who posted a couple weeks ago about my rankings and actually gave some guy on an unnamed site some ammo to make make more false accusations about me.

what?? i have no clue what you are talking about.. u must have me mixed up w/ someone else..

Keith7
10-26-2004, 07:00 PM
On this thread, or every thread regarding Chris's board and his rankings??

any thread.. i still have no clue what you guys are talking about

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 07:03 PM
what?? i have no clue what you are talking about.. u must have me mixed up w/ someone else..

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21162

Keith7
10-26-2004, 07:12 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21162

ok i've been corrected.. i'm sorry i've hurt your feelings..

my comments were much harsher then the other posters

but hey.. i've decided to go awol for a while from this site anyways so dont feel intimidated by me anymore

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 07:13 PM
and after I bring up the post, you edited it.. All we have to do is look at the time and the when the previous post. On top of that it is quoted several times in that thread.

Keith7
10-26-2004, 07:14 PM
i fixed it back to what it said crybaby

bye

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 07:18 PM
ok i've been corrected.. i'm sorry i've hurt your feelings..

my comments were much harsher then the other posters

but hey.. i've decided to go awol for a while from this site anyways so dont feel intimidated by me anymore

you never hurt my feelings.. i have probably taken more heat than anyone in this business this year. But the fact remains, your post did give ammo to a guy who has been trying everything to run me out of business including making false accusations about me. And there is no need to go AWOL. You need to lighten up.

Bull Butter
10-26-2004, 08:21 PM
I will agree. This guy needs to grow up. I think Keith7 is the one with his feelings hurt. I don't see any PI posters leaving this site. You asked for opinions and they gave them to you. Obviously they know Port Isabel football a little bit better than someone in California.

Some people just seem to hold on to this tired old stereotype that Rio Grande Valley football teams can't hang with anyone out of the valley and all Port Isabel has done is prove that wrong year after year.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2004, 09:11 PM
U have Ingleside as having clinched, but there still is a possiblity that they can finish in a three way tie for second. Do u have or know how they clinched already? And it could happen if Mathis beats Goliad and Goliad beats Ingleside the following week.

big daddy russ
10-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey TexasHSFootball... I love the site. Good to see that Canyon, Cameron, and Rice Consol finally got some love... and that Navasota is finally pushed out of the top 10 in a poll and that Kennedale is way the hell down there. The Rattlers are good, but I think top-15 suits them more than top-10 and I've heard that Kennedale's overrated all year long.

Canyon's one of those teams that's too far out of the way for all the sports writers so they don't get to see them as much, but my guess is that they'll make a nice little run through the playoffs. If Cooper makes it as the D1 representative out of District 2, that Bi-District match should be a slugfest, but I still see Canyon pulling it off. I think round 2 (Abilene Wylie/Fort Stockton, or whomever they get... I see Wylie in the picture) will be just about as tough but Canyon begins to peak after that challenge in the first round gets their juices flowing. In my mind, they make it to the Regional Finals where they finally fall to either Decatur or a revamped Gainesville squad.

Rice could easily make some noise, but getting out of Region III will be tough. Too many great D2 schools.

Also, Gilmer is right where they should be.

All in all, there were a few glitches with the losses, but it's the best, most unbiased poll I've seen so far. Certain polls tend to flock towards certain areas of the state... yours covered all the bases and gave some unnoticed teams there due.

big daddy russ
10-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
U have Ingleside as having clinched, but there still is a possiblity that they can finish in a three way tie for second. Do u have or know how they clinched already? And it could happen if Mathis beats Goliad and Goliad beats Ingleside the following week.
I read somewhere that Ingleside clinched, also. I don't know if there's some special new tiebreaker in 30-3A that would let the Mustangs in, but I'd like to know what's going on.

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
becasue its a 5 team district.. and they have defeated Mathis and Aransas Pass. Which automatically gives them any potential head to head tie breaker. Goliad can get in with Sinton and Ingleside with a win over Mathis.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Ingleside a win over Mathis but then u have Goliad with a win over Ingleside and Mathis a win over Goliad

Sinton 4-0
Ingleside 2-2
Goliad 2-2
Mathis 2-2
AP 0-4

:thinking: They Havent Clinched

Thats if it finished like that

big daddy russ
10-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Does anyone remember the final score in the Ingleside/Mathis game???

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Sinton (7-2, 3-0) at Ingleside (7-1, 2-0)
Goliad (5-3, 1-1) at Mathis (4-4, 0-2)
BYE: Aransas Pass (6-3, 0-3)

Ingleside 49-23 over Mathis
The win over Mathis got them in.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2004, 09:30 PM
it could be determine by powerpoints but that cant be factor in yet since some of those game havent happen. But Ingleside deserves to get in but hasnt.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Sinton (7-2, 3-0) at Ingleside (7-1, 2-0)
Goliad (5-3, 1-1) at Mathis (4-4, 0-2)
BYE: Aransas Pass (6-3, 0-3)

Ingleside 49-23

Mathis wins it next 2
Goliad loses to Mathis but beats Ingleside
Ingleside loses it next 2
3 way tie hope it doesnt because 30 3a better represented with Ingleside and Goliad

big daddy russ
10-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I guess the 'Stangs haven't clinched... I've gone through all the tiebreakers in my head and none add up. Oh well, our magic number is one. If Mathis loses one game or we win one during the next two weeks, we're in. I really thought we had made it.:(

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 09:41 PM
ok after looking over that, i concede on the Ingleside issue.. :doh:

Old Tiger
10-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Cameron hasn't clinched yet, if they lose out and hutto wins out cameron doesn't go.

big daddy russ
10-26-2004, 10:08 PM
ok after looking over that, i concede on the Ingleside issue.. :doh:
Oh, and Ingleside owns the powerpoints tiebreaker. Goliad would have to beat the Mustangs by 20 or more to even have a chance of unseating them from a playoff spot. It will be very tough for Ingleside to be kicked out of the playoffs. It If Mathis beats Goliad, but by fewer than 20, Ingleside has about a 95% chance of making the playoffs.

TexasHSFootball
10-26-2004, 10:12 PM
points IMHO should never be used to determine playoff spots.

big daddy russ
10-26-2004, 10:15 PM
points IMHO should never be used to determine playoff spots.
You're right... a coin flip would decide as much. I also heard an interesting idea from a friend a few years ago... have the other HC's in the district vote confidentially for the teams that should go. It's an easy way to pull up another tie, but it's a great idea for a first tiebreaker IMO.

PPHSfan
11-02-2004, 09:03 AM
You said back on the 26th that Bowie had clinched.

Bowie has still not clinched after week nine.

If and when Gainesville beats Bowie this week, and if by some stroke of madness Sanger beats Pilot Point, then all three teams ( Bowie, PP, and Sanger) will be tied in district with 3-2 records, and depending on the tiebreaker rules for district 6, Pilot Point and Sanger could both make the playoffs behind Gainesville, leaving Bowie at home.