PDA

View Full Version : Winnsboro Red Raiders Win Big One Tonight

BigRedfan
09-28-2002, 12:54 AM
For the first time in 9 meetings dating back to 1941 the Winnsboro beat their own foe the Gladewater Bears 19 to 7.

Congratulations to the Winnsboro Red Raiders!!! Have a nice week off and we will see you in Mineola on the 11th of October.

PurpleTiger
09-28-2002, 01:03 AM
congrats on the victory! What were some of the stats from the game?

BigRedfan
09-28-2002, 12:59 PM
I dont have all the stats but here is what the Tyler paper said about the game. It was scoreless at the half. Winnsboro came out in the second half and scored then Gladewater had a long run and scored this was in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter Winnsboro played ball control and scored 12 unanswered points. We also scored that last touchdown on the last play of the game. Nick Morris rushed for 97 yards while Jones had 94 yards. We had some long completed passes but I dont have the yardage. All in all it was a very good game.

We will see yal the last game of the season and hope that it is as good as last years.

Congratulation on your undefeated season so far. I have a feeling that 11 3a is going to make some noise come playoff time. It is going to be a dog fight. It is still anyone's to win. I dont see anyone being the clear favorite right now.