PDA

View Full Version : Ewww I just made two mistakes

Gsquared
10-26-2004, 05:06 PM
First one being I cooked instant mashed potatoes instead of the real thing.
Second, the box says 2/3 cups of milk. Well,im out of regular milk and since im on vacation, Ive had a few adult beverages so I didnt want to drive to the store. I did have some chocolate milk left in the fridge so I used that. I wasnt very good with the chocolate milk. I only ate half and my puppy had the other half.

3afan
10-26-2004, 05:22 PM
is there a vet nearby ?!?!?!?!? induce vomiting ....

vet93
10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Is the vet required for gsquared or the dog??? Drink a quart of vodka or hydrogen peroxide.....either one will induce vomiting!

PS. Just kidding about the vodka.....I don't want anybody going out there and giving their dog alcohol...I have seen a few alcohol toxicities in dogs!!

Originally posted by 3afan
is there a vet nearby ?!?!?!?!? induce vomiting ....

White&Crimson
10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Call a vet's office immediately and ask them what you should do. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs.

http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolate-dog-poisoning.shtml

Gsquared
10-26-2004, 05:29 PM
What about me? I could just watch a few episodes of "The Golden Girls" to induce vomiting.

Keith7
10-26-2004, 05:30 PM
my dog eats chocolate all the time.. he loves it.. and he is almost 9 years old now..

is that just a myth??

White&Crimson
10-26-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't think it's a myth. Check out the link I posted.
A little chocolate apparently can have no effect, but if they get a lot, it could be toxic.

Keith7
10-26-2004, 05:35 PM
i'll write an e-mail to mythbusters and maybe they will do a show about it

or maybe my dog is just like me cuz i luv chocolate too

vet93
10-26-2004, 05:37 PM
No myth....chocolate in high enough dosages is toxic. Dark chocalate is the most toxic. I don't think this puppy got enough to be a problem.

Keith7
10-26-2004, 05:39 PM
well my dog will eat its chocolate and laugh at other dogs when it does

mustang04
10-26-2004, 05:43 PM
well then i dare ya to give it alot of dark chocolate..surely it will live being ther superdog ur makin it out to be

Keith7
10-26-2004, 05:45 PM
yes it will and it will do its victory dance when it is done

mustang04
10-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
yes it will and it will do its victory dance when it is done

haha..what kind of victory dance are we talkin about?

White&Crimson
10-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Chocolate contains contains a compound called theobromine which is more easily broken down by humans, but is not as easily broken down by dogs. The level of theobromine can build up if the dog has too much chocolate and become toxic and cause cardiac arrest.
A small amount will probably not do anything, but a large amount could.
Why even take the chance? I don't think it's a good idea to feed dogs any chocolate.

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by White&Crimson
Chocolate contains contains a compound called theobromine which is more easily broken down by humans, but is not as easily broken down by dogs. The level of theobromine can build up if the dog has too much chocolate and become toxic and cause cardiac arrest.
A small amount will probably not do anything, but a large amount could.
Why even take the chance? I don't think it's a good idea to feed dogs any chocolate.

if a dog wants a brownie or a lick of my ice cream he can have it.. its a free country, and i think he knows what is best for his health with out me preaching it to him.. i mean he is 63 years old in dog years

44INAROW
10-26-2004, 06:03 PM
well my dog will eat its chocolate and laugh at other dogs when it does

my dog (almost hate to use the word when he's in the room,, he does not realize he is not human) weighs in at 138 pounds and last year at Christmas, I had my cutesy Christmas decorated bowls full of green and red Hershey's Kisses and Reese's Peanut Butter cups on my coffee table .. 2 big ole bags full of candy....... I came in from work and the bowls were empty.. not a speck of anything in them.. Figured hubby or son and neighbor kids ate them since school was out. Next day my husband came in after he took Rio out for his morning "routine" and my hubby was ROFL he said there was red and green poop in 3 piles in the front yard.. Evidently, Rio ate all the candy - wrapper and all.. We called the vet and he said to watch him closely but he had no ill side effects.. Now it he'd of been a 5 pound poodle, there most likely would have been a problem.. :D

Ranger Mom
10-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Back when I was little I had a dog who got ran over by a car.

We took her to a vet and he took her babies (she was pregnant at the time) and spayed her. We brought her home and she wouldn't eat....so my dad said we needed to have her put to sleep because she was dying of starvation.

We were devastated and we all took turns holding her before my dad took her back to the vet. My sister was eating a Hersey bar at the time and Wiggles (the dog) just snatched it out of her hand.

I credit Hersey Kisses for giving her an appetite again. We fed her chocolate till the day she died...at a ripe old age of 15.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have never done that, but we didn't and she survived. I Do however think she died of a heart attack brought on by her obesity!!:D

44INAROW
10-26-2004, 06:10 PM
If I knew then what I know now, I would have never done that, but we didn't and she survived. I Do however think she died of a heart attack brought on by her obesity!!:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Did she have ACNE too? lol lol

White&Crimson
10-26-2004, 06:11 PM
if a dog wants a brownie or a lick of my ice cream he can have it.. its a free country, and i think he knows what is best for his health with out me preaching it to him.. i mean he is 63 years old in dog years

Right, a tiny bit of chocolate probably won't hurt, which is what I said. I was simply posting my concerns because you were talking about feeding your dog a lot of chocolate. I'm pretty sure you were joking, but you never know.
But really now, it's kind of silly to justify it by saying that your dog knows what is best for his health. We're talking about a species that eats poo for crying out loud. :doh:

Ranger Mom
10-26-2004, 06:17 PM
I have a cat who is 19-1/2....she must have just used another life though, because she has all the sudden changed into another cat.

For the past 8 years I could count on my hands how many times she has gone outside. About a month ago, she decided she wants to go outside 3 or 4 times a day.

She also has started trying to eat HUMAN food - right out of our plates. Doritos, eggs, peanut butter...she used to be a Meow Mix only cat!

Gsquared
10-26-2004, 06:26 PM
I accidently ran over my ex's cat. The ex had a bad temper so I didnt want to tell her that I ran over her cat so I picked it up and took it out to the middle of the street. Then, I ran in and told her that somebody hit the cat.

Ranger Mom
10-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I accidently ran over my ex's cat. The ex had a bad temper so I didnt want to tell her that I ran over her cat so I picked it up and took it out to the middle of the street. Then, I ran in and told her that somebody hit the cat.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????

Gsquared
10-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Very serious. She was mean and I was scared to make her mad

Gsquared
10-27-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
If I knew then what I know now, I would have never done that, but we didn't and she survived. I Do however think she died of a heart attack brought on by her obesity!!:D

Did she have ACNE too? lol lol [/B][/QUOTE] Lol, fat dogs are great!